BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...

Go down 
+4
Cadet57
toomanytoyz
Ironfistdog
Matt Trakker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... Empty
PostSubject: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:26 am

Ok, so this is an unusual situation:

On another forum I'm on (won't say which, but it's for my truck), I had been posting about getting new front shocks for it since it needs them BADLY, if I should get some Bilsteins and lift it now with keys, or do that later and just get a cheap pair of the factory ones to hold me over. Blah blah blah.

Someone on the forum chimes in and says they actually have a pair of the factory ones I could have if I pay for shipping. Bonus!

So I paypal this guy the 30 bucks he requested (thought that was a little high, but w/e). That was around Apr. 25th or so. Never hear anything else. The next day he posts a thread saying he's going to Indiana for a couple days because a grandparent passed away. Okay, that sucks, my condolences.

After Apr. 27th, the dude never signs into the forum again, I have no idea where he is or where to contact him. Don't even know his whole name. LOL

I sent this via paypal under payment for goods or services, so I can probably get a refund I guess, but I have no idea what my time limit is for doing that should I have to and can't seem to find out what it is.

This guy has been on this forum for years and has a post count in the several thousands. He doesn't seem like someone who would screw me, but it's almost been a month now and I haven't even gotten a "Sorry I haven't been around" or anything. Whenever I sell crap online I always get it out of the way ASAP. I know he said a relative passed on and all that, and for some 30 bucks is a drop in the bucket, but NOT for me, and this isn't a matter of being cheap. And I need new shocks like yesterday, I can't even drive my Tahoe on the highway if it's all rippled like the Obama-money section of 128 in Wakefield is, the front wheels hop. Laughing

Anyone think I'd be a dick for requesting my money back at this point? I'm just afraid to wait too long and then get screwed. Don't know what to do without looking like an ass.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:45 am

Matt I believe you have 45 days from original purchase. Try and get personal info from tHe PAYPAL address you sent to. Usually they have to have a registered name, address, AND phone number. I you can get the number call him. If not request a refund and move on. It's not ill mannered at this point to request money back. if he still wants to deal then re-visit the transaction again at a later date. And make sure you request a delivery conformation on the package. Otherwise lost mail is your fault in paypal's eyes. Bad form on his part not getting the parts out and not replying back.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Benefit of the doubt has been given. Get your money back from Paypal and let them chase him for it.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:29 pm

See my signature. Enough said. Screw this guy, hate thieves.

Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Thank you gentlemen your input is appreciated... Smile

I just don't want to look like I'm the a-hole, I feel bad if the story is true but come on, it's a month later. I'm going to send an email to the one listed on paypal (it's some kind of business email he has) and request that if they aren't sent in the next few days, I'm reporting it to PP. Or maybe I shouldn't even bother, I dunno. I'm just trying to be civil, I don't know whats up with this dude.

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:13 pm

One month is more than enough time. You wont be the doosh. HE ripped you off.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Something tells me that Justin possesses detailed files on this subject...

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Something tells me that Justin possesses detailed files on this subject...

I may or may not have that d-bags cell #, facebook, address, office number, and if the data I found is correct, his badge number.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:27 pm

^LOL . Maybe he just needed a cluster really bad.

I just shot the dude an email. I figure it's more than civil on my end:
Quote :

Hey XXX, this is Matt from the forums...I don't know if you'll get this but figured it worth a shot, noticed you hadn't logged in since like a month ago there and noticed you had a relative pass on.

Anyway, I didn't know if you planned on sending those shocks out anytime soon, but if I don't hear anything in the next day or so I'm gonna have to request my money back from Paypal and just get a pair of other shocks with the 30 bucks put toward them, I don't mean anything personal by this at all but it's been a month, and I needed them a month ago, I can't even drive on the highway without the wheel going everywhere so I need them bad, and 30 bucks isn't exactly a drop in the bucket for me either...

I'll wait until tomorrow and then do something via PP, hopefully they don't put a strike against you or anything, I just really need the money freed up and that's all it is.

Thanks in advance and hope all is well-

Matt XXXX(Matt Trakker on the forums)
Reading, MA

Tomorrow night i'll put something through Paypal and be done with it. I need friggin' shocks! Aaaaaand they're super easy to do I am sick of sitting around with my thumb up my ass waiting for them...Aaaaaaand I don't feel like doing a whole lift and all that yet plus I have new rear shocks already.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Matt, you did the right thing. Besides, he didn't fall through on his end, so there's a break in the deal. And Justin, that's just plain creepy. What was my badge number Mr. Detective? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:46 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
And Justin, that's just plain creepy. What was my badge number Mr. Detective? Lol.

Dunno. You never gave me a reason to find it. Laughing That said, I doubt that piece of info belongs to him. Google's good, but not that good
Razz
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:11 pm

This is true. Google is amazing. Back when I was dating this other girl in high school, I found naked pics of her older sister on Google. Score! Lol.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Pixxx or I call bs Suspect
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:09 pm

GasTT wrote:
Pixxx or I call bs Suspect

Ha lol! That was 10 years ago! She was into all kinds of modeling photo shoots. Even in a bath tub of "blood" pointing a gun at the camera. very interesting.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:43 pm

I did went through this with someone on the SS forum. Paid for the parts and he never signed in again. I filed a complaint with paypal and got a refund. I didn't do it as a gift, not sure if it makes a difference. FWIW a couple months later he did log back in explaining what happened and apologized to all that he screwed Surprised
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Just an update, messaged guy to his email and he sent one back admitting he totally forgot with stuff going on in his life. Sent them out a couple days later to me, and they arrived about a week after that. They have been in the Tahoe for a week or so. Cool
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Nice. Atleast it worked out to some degree.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Glad it ended well. Smile Sometimes shit just happens.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Yeah, I figured it would be nice to post a happy ending for once, haha.

The truck does go better overall with these shocks in it, they are matched to the rear shocks damping rate. But, one of them seems to be a little blown out or something despite the low mileage. I don't know if it's because they're softer shocks and I'm not used to them up front, or what, or maybe it was the road I was on. It no longer hops on the highway at least. The factory Tennecos in the NBS trucks are not known for their quality like the Delco Bilsteins that came in the OBS trucks with the Z71 RPO code. The NBS Z71 "red shocks" did feel firmer than the Tahoe LS/LT "blue shocks", which I have in there now.

Either way, I can tolerate it (for now), and you can't beat a total investment of like 60 bucks for 4 Delco shocks, 2 of which were brand new, shipped to your house. Laughing When I need new tires I'll go bigger and look around for some way to put different keys and coil spacers in it.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 pm

I have to say, i'm eating my words. I didn't think the guy would actually follow thru. Cool stuff. Arrow
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 am

Glad it turned around cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...   Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs... Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some opinions on an issue on another forum brosephs...
Page 1 of 1