BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!

Go down 
+6
boojum
1984twodoor
Matt Trakker
8bud
bowtiepimp
toomanytoyz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! Empty
PostSubject: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm autocrossing the Miata at Ft. Devins in Ayer, Ma tomorrow. If you want to come see what it's all about, it's gonna be a beautiful day for it! For non-racers, it is a FREE entry! And bring a helmet, and you can go for a ride in ANYONE's car! They are all more than happy to take you out! Go for a ride in a C6 or Viper or Cayenne being pushed to its limits!!! Very Happy FOR FREE! Shocked You can even go out and work the course if you want...

So if you're free, come on down. Gates open at 730am, but no need to get there that early if you're not racing.

Here's directions:

Quote :

Directions - The gate is located off 2A in Ayer (Approximately 90 Fitchburg Road, Ayer MA), a north of Route 2 and West of Route 495. Both directions converge at a Rotary in Ayer at the junctions of routes 110, 111, and 2A. There is a Ford dealer (Gervais), a Wendy's, and a McDonald's at this rotary.

From Route 495: Take exit 30, route 2A and 110, West toward Ayer. Proceed 4 miles to rotary.

From Route 2: Take exit 38B, route 110 and 111, North toward Ayer. Proceed 2 1/4 miles to rotary.

From the rotary, proceed west on routes 2A and 111. This will take you to Ayer center, and at about one mile routes 2A and 111 turn right; so will you. Proceed past Bishop Road (old entrance) on the left.

Stay on Rt 2A which forks to the left for approx another mile. The north entrance to the airstrip is on the left. There should be a sign marking the entrance. There are motorcycle driving classes on the lower lot to the right as you enter. Our event is up the hill to the left. Look for the person with the waivers at the base of the hill.

You all have my cell, but if ya don't here it is: six oh three four eight nine nine seven eight four

It really is a blast. Come see for yourself. Even if it's only for an hour or so.

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink

Last edited by toomanytoyz on Fri May 25, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed date in title)
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:50 pm

should be a good turn out..... my shop is in the next town over...... put racing tires on 14 cars this week..... miatas, s2000, GTO's, BMW's, porsche's, alfa, aston martin and a couple amg's

........ heard nothing but good things about this event.... it brings out everybody Arrow
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Wish I didn't have to work. I'm pretty sure the kid Ben I told you about will be there racing his go kart, er I mean miata. Laughing It is black with a silver (i think?) hardtop. Introduce yourself, he's got a ton of parts.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:37 am

I can't go tomorrow, but hopefully this becomes a routine event for people from the forum to show up for, I'd love to go see that for sure... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:47 am

I think I'm going to try and get myself a seat driving the twin to crovos miata in June, hopefully he will still have the car for that event and we can meet up! Arrow

As for tomorrow, no go with me Surprised I shoulda been on earlier to see this.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:54 pm

What an -AWESOME- day! Smile

You guys missed out. The miata was HORRID out there today. Worn out suspension, greasy tires, and no power whatsoever... Wink But I did place 4th in my class... Even with spinning out on like 4 runs. LOL. I even had an instructor who'd been racing Miatas for years drive it, and I was a half second quicker than him. Wink But man... Am I beat up! Holy crap! No power steering sucks! And that sun really wore me out...

There's one next Saturday also, that I think I am going to go to. Very Happy

Plan ahead.

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:09 pm

I'm going to just get my own cones. Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:23 pm

boojum wrote:
I'm going to just get my own cones. Smile

12 runs. 1.2 mile course. You should come out! Very Happy

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Infinite Truck Therom:

With enough trucks loaded and enough time the stuff you need will fall off a truck.

Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! C1

You just have to keep your eyes open. Smile
Back to top Go down
cmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:32 am

If its cones you need I got that covered.

Bill how much is the entry fee? Is there any kind of club requirements? Do they allow caged window-less hooptie ass race cars? I might have to consider bringing the lemon.

Chris
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:05 am

It's 50 bucks to enter. And I was talking to one of the guys yesterday, and he is bringing his Lemons car next week. Smile

Go to Motorsportsreg.com and create an account. Sign up with Bay State Corvette, and register for the event. There are only a couple spots left. So ya gotta hurry! Smile We run with a couple other clubs there, too, but BSC is the one hosting next week's.

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:10 am

Hmmm $50 to burn off the rest of the BFG's on my VW.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
cmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:10 am

The web site states "Things you need to know before you sign up to run with us:

1. You need a valid drivers license and the car you plan to use needs to have a current registration with valid sticker. No dedicated racecars please. Your car must be street legal and have a full exhaust. Cars exceeding 105dB at the start line are subject to rejection. "

boo

Back to top Go down
cmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 5:33 pm

So I emailed the dude who's email was on the thing. And he said "NO"

Oh well
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:27 pm

cmccabe wrote:
So I emailed the dude who's email was on the thing. And he said "NO"

Oh well

Bummer. Half the "regulars" that also run the clubs, have dedicated track vehicles that are no longer registered on the street.

Seems like a bit of favoritism... Sad

You want to co-drive the Miata?

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Co drive the Miata.. Lol, some of us couldn't squeeze into one of those if we tried!
How much of a beating does the car actually take? I'd like to run my bmw but its my only car right now, if It broke it I'd be screwed! Then again I do beat on it, 6k shifts often..
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:13 pm

I'd have fun just riding along in the Miata...lol.

I went to a Mini Cooper dealership "track day" once and didn't even drive the cars and had a blast. Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:32 pm

The brakes and suspension REALLY gets worked. And you may or may not bounce the motor off the limiter in 2nd gear a few times, too.

And Paul, the Beemahs usually outnumber the Miatas there. Wink

I found out just how terrible the tires were on my car yesterday. Awful! Smile

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Wow. Lamest AutoX run EVAR! Razz

And jeesh... Have a few cones! Shocked lol

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Same offer. Different day. We talked about it in other threads, but here's just a lil reminder. Very Happy

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Went to the autocross today to route for the prez. Had a blast!!!! Got to ride in a C6 with a maniac and got a ride in a miata with a 5.3 in it. Oh and I almost forgot- rode a bunch of times with a guy whose license plate "NOCONES" does NOT suit him very well. Razz Thanks, Billy. I'll definitely be back and if I find some more tires maybe even try and ruin the impala out there. I strongly recommend going next time to everyone. You'll love it.

Last edited by 8bud on Sat May 26, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Glad you had fun, Bill! I did too! Smile I got A LOT better after you left. I rode with a couple of the guys in their Miatas and they were being WAAAAAY more aggressive than I was. So I just started leaving my foot stuffed to the floor and tossing it into the corners... And it stayed on the track!!!! Smile I knocked more than 5 seconds off since you rode in it! What a blast! But man, I did a number on those new tires I had! LOL!

And here's proof that Bill was there... He's the guy in the helmet. LOL
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! 2012-05-2695325

Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! 2012-05-26104311

And this is the most gorgeous 69 Camaro I have ever seen. LS7, T56, tons of carbon fiber, real clean work... Musta had a hundred grand in that car, easy. And he was THRASHING it! Man, I love to see that! He was doing really well, too!
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! 2012-05-26104613

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:18 am

THAT^ is a nice Camaro! Shocked bounce I love you Next time you go I'll bring the Slut and a trailer and you can distract him so we can steal it. Holy crap it's clean! Cool

Glad it was fun, I want to try and get out to an event soon so maybe next time you'll see me there.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:56 am

Hey Matt, he wasn't a regular. Car had Florida plates, and he was talking about the autoX in Nashville he was in last weekend... Shocked Someone's enjoying his retirement!

(I hate that guy. lol)

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:37 pm

If you run the impala Bill have someone video, I'd love to see how that Hotchkis performs in that car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:44 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Hey Matt, he wasn't a regular. Car had Florida plates, and he was talking about the autoX in Nashville he was in last weekend... Shocked Someone's enjoying his retirement!

(I hate that guy. lol)

x2! Time to play some online poker I guess!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:33 pm

Damn I gotta go to this!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:27 pm

No Moa wrote:
If you run the impala Bill have someone video, I'd love to see how that Hotchkis performs in that car.
I'm sure the hotchkis will do fine, Glen. The driver is another question. Very Happy More sick-ass camaro pics-Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! Car_st10
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! Car_st11
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! Car_st12
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! Car_st13
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! Car_st14
Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! Car_st15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!   Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins! Empty

Back to top Go down

Free tomorrow (Sat 5/26)? Come to AutoX @ Devins!
Page 1 of 1