BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Anyone got a steering wheel puller?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fishah

Fishah

Anyone got a steering wheel puller? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone got a steering wheel puller?   Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:19 pm

So I replaced my steering box today.

The steering wheel is now 45degrees off.

Alignment is great; on center feel is fine. The wheel is just totally crooked.

Is it possible to pull the wheel off, rotate it, and put it back on? Or do I need to re-do the gearbox?

If reseting the wheel is possible, I need a steering wheel puller. Anyone have one? I'd love to do this at mod day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a steering wheel puller?   Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:40 pm

White93ltz wrote:
So I replaced my steering box today.

The steering wheel is now 45degrees off.

Alignment is great; on center feel is fine. The wheel is just totally crooked.

Is it possible to pull the wheel off, rotate it, and put it back on? Or do I need to re-do the gearbox?

If reseting the wheel is possible, I need a steering wheel puller. Anyone have one? I'd love to do this at mod day.
You need to disconect the steering shaft from the box, and square up the wheels, and the steering wheel, and reconnect. Get it as close as you can, and have a shop do a thrust alignment if it is still off. Try not to remove the steering wheel to do this.
I do have one, but I think Tim still has it from the other week.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a steering wheel puller?   Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:45 pm

I have one, but will not be at the mod day...I got a simple cheap one at Autozone, cost about $20...I figured it would only be good for one pull, but now has 3 pulls on it with no signs of wear...Seems to be a handy thing to have around...

If you can't get one by tomorrow call me 603-313-6984, and I will UPS mine to Bruce's, just get me his address. UPS is one day in New England, so If i ship tomorrow he will have Friday, but I have to imagine someone else has one available who will be at mod day...

I'll check the post tomorrow before I leave to see if you have found one, if not I will throw it in the truck in the morning in case you need it.

Doug
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: anyone got a steering wheel puller?   Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:49 pm

ive got a couple if i can find them in my storage units. sure i can. ill bring one sat. just in case.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a steering wheel puller?   Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:32 pm

Well I guess I can't remove and turn steering wheel. It only goes on one way.

Ya'll feel like helping me with this at mod day? I'm kinda confused about what needs to be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a steering wheel puller?   Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:39 pm

White93ltz wrote:

Ya'll feel like helping me with this at mod day? I'm kinda confused about what needs to be done.
Just drive it with the steering wheel sideways. I will show you how to fix saturday. Wink
Back to top Go down
BowtieSS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a steering wheel puller?   Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:42 pm

I have a puller, But the wheel does only go on one way. I just did a steering column change and found that out after I marked everything.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a steering wheel puller?   Anyone got a steering wheel puller? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:29 pm

White93ltz wrote:

That's what I thought, you guys should be able to figure it out on mod day. I just did a column swap a month ago, but don't remember much about it...I guess I am going to have to go back to doing mods WITH beer, cause this one was done without....

Doug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a steering wheel puller?   Anyone got a steering wheel puller? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone got a steering wheel puller?
Page 1 of 1