BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"

Go down 
+12
boojum
V8Killer
Tomz9C1
bowtiepimp
Matt Trakker
Cadet57
1984twodoor
toomanytoyz
MASShole9C1
sdstick
Pooge
Ironfistdog
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SS Impala Nitrous

Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm

That is a nasty ride there Indigo. The work your doing on it is nice and like no other one In have ever seen and that is what makes it so F%$#ing cool who the hell wants something other people have . I love the black and on the ground Twisted Evil That is a true nasty Cad !!

95 SS Impala
71 Cuda
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks bro, I got 20" wires coming at the end of the week for her. Thinking about doing the spokes black with a chrome lip. Iim still waiting to do a little trimming to get it lower also, Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:18 pm

DUDE! Save your money, keep the moons and whites! You'll save yourself many bent wheel headaches in the future. Plus, they look WAY cooler. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 pm

X

Last edited by Ironfistdog on Fri May 31, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:55 am

Ironfistdog wrote:
Yeah I'm keeping the moons and rings, just bored with them. Paying next to nothing for the 20's so I don't mind. I'm actually probably gonna run them on the c10 once I get started on Z'ing the frame. I just figured I'd change it up for a little. I know exactly what I'd LIKE to run for wheels BUT I dont wanna step on other members toes…………Yet Wink

You can't do white 15x8's. I already did Wink
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:12 pm

NOT YOU!!!

Oh and I found out today STS wheel does not fit spline too small
Anyone know how to knock the spline out of a steering wheel? Other wise it's gonna get a cut and paste.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:29 am

X

Last edited by Ironfistdog on Fri May 31, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:55 am

That bump stop is the pinion snubber. I dont think its a good idea to remove it. Most guys that go real low buy an offset snubber.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:50 am

I think the offset snubber is for when you push the rearend BACK
So it hits ion a spot that isnt rotating.
You dont get as much motion out of the pinion if the control arms have poly instead of worn out rubber.
If the rear is positioned such that the pinion flange isnt in harms way with the crossmember, you'll just get a thunk when you hit...no chewing spinning nasty damage.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:57 pm

I thought Snubber was when you launch hard it stops the rearend from hitting? Doesn't matter I gotta notch out that x-member anyway to provide more room for the rear end to swing up, I don't want to so so extreme that I end up having to modify the tunnel and behind the Rear seats. I'll live with 1/2" if I must.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:47 pm

X

Last edited by Ironfistdog on Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm

I dig the wheels! Smile Not sure I dig em on a caddy, but I diggem! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:50 pm

X

Last edited by Ironfistdog on Fri May 31, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Well now. That pretty much sticks it to the rest of the caddies running stockers on up to ss rims. Probably the sickest idea/mod yet!

I'd scrap the idea of whites tho. It looks too good all black. It's sinister Twisted Evil
Besides. White walls are the new black wall. Yuuuuck.

I'll do some web trolling for bullet centers for 5x5.5
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:12 pm

It looks awesome in person!!!
Tires need a good clean and shine....

I think when the cars paint "dulls up" they will really pop. The multi color paint is starting to irritate me. Lol

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Ironfistdog wrote:
It looks awesome in person!!!
Tires need a good clean and shine....

I think when the cars paint "dulls up" they will really pop. The multi color paint is starting to irritate me. Lol

What!? You can't PAY for quality color schemes like that! You have to earn it through replaced body panels! Laughing

Looks good! Cool
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Words of experience, Matt?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:39 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Words of experience, Matt?

Will be once the caprice is together. White, Red, Silver, Primer... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:04 am

That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:16 pm

X

Last edited by Ironfistdog on Fri May 31, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Looks good with the shifter man! I like it.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:08 am

Saw this car yesterday, it's sick! Keep going man get it finished
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:08 pm

X

Last edited by Ironfistdog on Fri May 31, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:02 am

X

Last edited by Ironfistdog on Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:18 pm

X

Last edited by Ironfistdog on Fri May 31, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:45 pm

I have to say that thing was a lot of fun the one time I rode in it, and when you told me the story of riding up behind people and just dropping the car out of nowhere to freak them out was hilarious...based on that alone I would keep that car on the side and have fun with it, lol. Quick satin black paint job and enjoy... Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"   Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gothic Royalty A.K.A "not stock and LAME so why bother reading??"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2