BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
My first official post EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
My first official post EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
My first official post EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
My first official post EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
My first official post EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
My first official post EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
My first official post EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
My first official post EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
My first official post EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My first official post

Go down 
+2
GasTT
toomanytoyz
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My first official post Empty
PostSubject: My first official post   My first official post EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:39 pm

I would like to welcome everyone to BADASS.
I decided that I would like to see if BADASS could become an active group within the b-body community again for the enthusists around New England.
I am not sure how it will go. But, I am going to move forward with it as long as there are enough active members to make it fun and enjoyable for all.
Toomanytoyz started it with others some time ago, and my plan to keep it true to it's roots and spirit. In other words. I am going to keep it simple. There was no membership dues, and there will not be any now or in the future.

If you are a current member, I welcome you back. If you are a new member, I welcome you and thank you for joining.
I have a planed event for mid April, but am still working out the details.
But my goal is 8-10 events/gatherings in 09

There will be a cruise in mid spring, and possibly another in the fall. A couple mod days, for which we would need people willing to volunteer to host a mod day at their homes or buisneses. I would love to, but I do not have the room.
A few drag days will happen at NED. But to be called up as a group/club with lanes reserved for BADASS to race against one another is something that has to be set in place well in advance, because it has to be set up with the track staff.

As New England is such a large area, I understand that some if not all events will be a hike for many, while others will be closer. So with that said, I will plan things so all can make gatherings. I will give a five week notice for all events. If the date does not work well for most, I will have time to make the changes needed for the majority to attend.
I will be open to suggestions, as this is your club too, and you as a member have a voice.

In the coming weeks, I will start to add dates to the calender section, and the calender at the top of the board, next to the home button. The events I add will only be those I have worked out every detail, and know is a go. I will never add anything that is not completely thought out.

I just want to thank everyone again.
Bill
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:12 pm

Sounds good! Hope the interest returns! Cuz it was a blast when it was a club! Smile

I could probably host a mod day, but I don't have a ton of room...
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 12:55 am

I'll go anywhere but northern Maine. I don't like going to Mass either but I will drive through on the highway. Let's just say I'm not really supposed to go there....study
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:29 am

I'm in !!!!.What's wrong with northern Maine ? Other than the fact there ain't nothing there. Razz
Back to top Go down
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:13 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
But to be called up as a group/club with lanes reserved for BADASS to race against one another...

As long as I don't have to go head to head with Crovo's 6 speed!!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:10 pm

JRS9C1 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
But to be called up as a group/club with lanes reserved for BADASS to race against one another...

Chicken! Razz
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Crovo ain't so hot.

Ask em why he's got a second place trophy from Wagonfest...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:30 pm

White93ltz wrote:
Crovo ain't so hot.

Ask em why he's got a second place trophy from Wagonfest...
Besides, Bracket racing levels the playing field. cheers
Back to top Go down
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 7:40 pm

Bracket racing FTW!

Hey Bill, did you get my hundredth PM (on ISSF)? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Club Secretary.   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:01 pm

I nominate JRS9C1 as BADASS Club Secretary. When he was 2y/o we dressed him up as a little girl. He looked so cute. he types pretty good too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:12 pm

JRS9C1 wrote:
Bracket racing FTW!

Hey Bill, did you get my hundredth PM (on ISSF)? Laughing
Yup.
I got them. study geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:14 pm

Tomz9C1 wrote:
I nominate JRS9C1 as BADASS Club Secretary. When he was 2y/o we dressed him up as a little girl. He looked so cute. he types pretty good too.
Glad to see you made it Tom. The glitch is fixed. cheers
Back to top Go down
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Tomz9C1 wrote:

You know, I was driving today and actually thought, maybe they need a secretary. Now I'm thinking, maybe not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:31 pm

JRS9C1 wrote:
Tomz9C1 wrote:

You know, I was driving today and actually thought, maybe they need a secretary. Now I'm thinking, maybe not.
Not in a dress! scratch

I guess the good news is. According to your dad, you used to be cute Tom. affraid

I will look into titles. I need to talk to the prez first to see what he thinks.

Off the top of my head, I think there won't be a problem. But just know, any titles given. The person who holds a title has an obligation to that title, and take it seriously.

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Lol. Don't mind the old man, he's getting a little too senile for his own good. cyclops

And on a side note, who else is digging the sweet smilies?!?!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 9:23 am

JRS9C1 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:

Meh. That thing's a dog anyways... Wink

Club titles? Sounds kinda formal, no? When I started it, I tried to keep everyone on the same level. I only called myself "President" when I was representing the club to the track or whatever (or to make a grand entrance somewhere Wink), but aside from that, everyone was equal.

Just my $.02

Youz guys can do whatever ya want. Smile

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 4:28 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
JRS9C1 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:

Meh. That thing's a dog anyways... Wink

Club titles? Sounds kinda formal, no? When I started it, I tried to keep everyone on the same level. I only called myself "President" when I was representing the club to the track or whatever (or to make a grand entrance somewhere Wink), but aside from that, everyone was equal.

Just my $.02

Youz guys can do whatever ya want. Smile
I have to say I agree with Bill. And I kinda expected that answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first official post   My first official post Empty

Back to top Go down

My first official post
Page 1 of 1