BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fleetwood twilight sentinel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GasTT

GasTT

Fleetwood twilight sentinel  Empty
PostSubject: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:10 pm

The twilight sentinel seems to be stuck "on". It is very sensitive and turns on the lights when it's not appropriate. I slide the switch to "off" and they just stay on. The delay off feature still functions properly. I'd like to be able to control when my lights are on or off while I am driving.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Sounds like a bad control box on the dash. Our Bonneville did that once. They swapped that out and that fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Is the light sensor blocked from reading light through the dash? Did it come loose or anything?
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:03 pm

It does function properly. It just seems like the lights come on prematurely. I just want to be able to shut them off manually.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:52 pm

How about splicing in a tiny toggle switch down below where the kick panel is???
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:36 pm

I'd rather find the problem and fix it the proper way. Maybe it's just the switch?
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:47 pm

All the fleetwoods I've owned you cannot turn the lights off when the car is on....It's like running lights. (especially 1996). Hence the toggle switch.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:27 am

Ironfistdog wrote:
All the fleetwoods I've owned you cannot turn the lights off when the car is on....It's like running lights. (especially 1996). Hence the toggle switch.

.......... my lights dont come on unless I turn them on...... Suspect

...... I have the auto feature , but dont use it. It works fine, has a slight delay when turned on.

.........and you are right about not being able to shut off when running.

....... correction..... while driving to work with the twilight sentinel on I was able to shut my lights off.

so it is possible Tim lol!

..... Not sure bout a fix..... maybe the is damaged on the back side of the switch and its not allowing it to function properly scratch
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:43 pm

The DRL system will make your low-beam headlights come on at reduced brigtness in daylight when:
The ignition is on
The headlamp switch is off

When the DRL are on, only your low beam headlamps will be on.
Your instrument panel will not light up.

Whe it's dark enough outside the low beam hwadlamps will change to full brightness, your other normal lights will also come on.
When it's bright enough outside, the regular lamps will will go off, and your low beam lamps change to reduced brightness.

To idle your vehicle with the DRL off, set the gear selector to park before you turn on the ignition (?!?! Wtf!) once you shift out of park, the DRL cannot be turned off as long as the ignition is on

^ direct quote from the owners Manual.
I'm saying maybe there's nothing wrong with it at all.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:19 pm

You are not understanding what I am saying. I dont have DRL. They are not on constantly during the day. Just early morning when I first leave my house. I should be able to turn them off when I want day or night, like chris described.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:51 pm

If you turn the car on and shift to D then shift to park and your light knob is pushed in, your telling me that the headlights (only) are off??? At say noon time??? I'm pretty sure it was standard Equipment in 96 ( but I could be wrong)
Try pulling the DRL relay?? (look in the manual for which one it is)

Only time my light are off is when the car is started in daylight and in park. As soon as I shift into fear the lights come on.
And 1994 doesnt have DRL's unless it's a Canadian model.

Idk just trying to throw you ideas Arrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 9:41 pm

GasTT wrote:
You are not understanding what I am saying. I dont have DRL. They are not on constantly during the day. Just early morning when I first leave my house. I should be able to turn them off when I want day or night, like chris described.

when you slide the twilight sentinel to off can you hear the relay?.... mine works fine and I can hear it click every time I shut it off.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:58 pm

No I dont. Maybe the relay is bad for the TS. Where is it? I appreciate the help guys. I also checked the owners manual. You are correct about DRL being canadian only. It also taught me why I thought my trunk popper button was broken for 6 months. It only works when the key is on lol...

At night my lights are full auto. Off until I shift into D. At home I park under shade. So, in the morning my lights come on auto and stay on for some time. Then shut off after driving a bit. I don't want them to ever come on. In my caprice and roadmaster, I never used the TS. I always had it off and the lights never came on unless I turned them on manually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood twilight sentinel    Fleetwood twilight sentinel  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fleetwood twilight sentinel
Page 1 of 1