BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The SLuT, part Dieux

Go down 
+15
sdstick
mega
M.ROSS
GasTT
mikiehews
Pooge
Fishah
Matt Trakker
MASShole9C1
Tomz9C1
Cadet57
boojum
1984twodoor
No Moa
toomanytoyz
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Lookin good! You sold the boxes?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:33 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Lookin good! You sold the boxes?

Selling. 100 bucks for the pair.

IMPALADAKID wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
So I decided to do it right for a change. I sanded them with 800 and then wiped them down with wax and tar remover. Then I dried it off, and waited for them to be completely dry. I sprayed 2 coats of VHT Nite Shades and then 4 coats of clear. But the VHT cracked when it dried? WTF?!?!?!? I was so pissed! Oh well, I cleared it anyways. Four coats and it's still not shiny. Boo! So much for doing it right... Rolling Eyes

Soooooo! What you are saying is you did not do it right. Razz

How long has the niteshades been sitting in the garage?scratch

Can't be more than a couple... years. Wink Since the Miata. lol
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:55 pm

I always like the diamond plate look.
I am AWFUL at picturing it before it happens tho.
It's strange cuz I can do that with almost everything BUT a vehicle
Do you buy polished stock & fab it yourself or are they off the shelf items?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:02 pm

They are off-the-shelf parts. And I actually found a vendor on eBay that is clearing out new old stock from Deflecta-Shield. So I can get the DP bed rail caps for 34 bucks and the tailgate cap for $20.... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Maybe you should ask Doug how he wants his next tuck. Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Ouch! Smile

(And if he's smart, he'll keep that one! Razz)
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Pics of the black tails installed! I'm not one to mod my DD, but black could look nice for the herpe tails I have.

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Maybe you should ask Doug how he wants his next tuck. Wink

As much as I love his dark leather interior, I'm so in love with my truck now I can't imagine giving it up.

Doug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:26 pm

I think the diamond plate bed rail caps will look good.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Pooge wrote:
Pics of the black tails installed! I'm not one to mod my DD, but black could look nice for the herpe tails I have.

Doug

Once I get them on, I will. I'll even trade ya. Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:36 pm

I used Testors Dark Black Window Tint when I tinted the tails on my Blazer once, it worked good. I bet the VHT cracked due to a reaction with the clear being a different brand or something. You can strip all of that back off the taillights if you want I'm pretty sure and then redo them...they look good enough where that would be crazy to do though. Let them dry, wetsand them with 2000, then polish them with an orbital and see how they come out, d00d.

As far as tinted looking better than stock tails, well that's just like, your opinion, man.

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 Thats-just-like-your-opinion-man

I like the 03(?) and up GMC taillights with the black outlines around the different colors of the tails the best, I think they fit the lines of the truck better., and then if it were me I'd tint them darker but not all the way black, I don't like black tails unless the vehicle is all blacked out! I hated how mine looked and wound up restoring a set of stock 88-98 tails to put back on my Blazer. Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:57 am

As far as the paint? No idea. Conditions were good. I let the niteshades dry before the clear. Was even curing it with a heat gun? I dunno...

Ordered the diamond plate stuff today!

Oh, and here's a cople quick pics from this morning...

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-11-3074452

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-11-3074503

They're really not as dark as they are photographing!

It's gettin' there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:36 pm

S'awful nice
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Looks sharp, love the stance

Doug
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks guys, I really love this thing already! Smile
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:38 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

That being said....DIBS! Arrow Razz

I like the DP bed cap idea a lot. I also like those wheels you have, screw the H2s. I just swiped my tails with paint thinner and did 3 coats of nite shades very lightly on the cougar. Looks great if you ask me! I'd just strip em and redo it without the clear at first to see how it looks
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:51 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
As far as the paint? No idea. Conditions were good. I let the niteshades dry before the clear. Was even curing it with a heat gun? I dunno...

Ordered the diamond plate stuff today!

Oh, and here's a cople quick pics from this morning...

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-11-3074452

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-11-3074503

They're really not as dark as they are photographing!

It's gettin' there! Very Happy

...... Needs a gut deer? sticker and a few empty's in the bed. rabbit
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:29 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

that won't last,.

"squirrell"!!!!!

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:57 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:

...... Needs a gut deer? sticker and a few empty's in the bed. rabbit

I admit, I lol'd. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:09 pm

So I've done quite a bit to the truck since I last posted. Yesterday, I took it to my mechanic and had him go through it. He replaced both front hubs, all 4 shocks, an inner tie rod, an upper ball joint, idler arm, and idler arm pivot (all Moog). Then I had my buddy install a remote start and keyless entry for me too. Yesterday was an expensive day.

Since I had all that done, and today was supposed to be a beautiful day in the hugh 40's, low 50's and sunny, I took it off to get some more done on the truck. Not going to have many more days like this this year! First thing I did was have it aligned, so I wouldn't kill my new tires. Man, it rides a lot nicer now, and my steering wheel is straight again! That was driving me nuts!!!! It rides a little firmer with the new shocks (Gabriel Ultras) though. But I can live with it. And all the play in the wheel is gone!

So on my way home from the alignment shop, I stopped at Autozone and picked up some Rustoleum spray in bedliner (because I wanted the bed all one color and was too cheap for a bedliner!) and Rustoleum lense tint (because I wanted to see if it really was better than that VHT crap). Then I hit the spray-it-yourself carwash to clean and prep the bed for paint. I used the free vacuums to get the loose crap. Then I used their spray degreaser in the bed. Then the foam brush. Man I feel bad for the next guy to use that, and that is why I NEVER use those brushes on anything nice! You never know what the last guy did! And then I high pressure rinsed it and headed home.

I started by removing the back rack and then blowing air all through the bed with my compressor to dry it and blow whatever loose stuff was left out. Then I red scotch-brighted the whole thing. Then I rubbed the whole bed down with isopropyl alcohol to degrease and prep for paint.
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02132650

Then I taped it off. In retrospect, I should have masked more and papered the sides of the truck. Doh!
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02134911

Then it was time to shoot it. I didn't really like the way it was laying down. It was very hard to get a nice, even coat out of it. It either came out way too fast and ran like a mofo or came out as mostly propellant. I did my best and laid down a few coats as I worked my way down the bed.
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02142137

It acutally flattened itself out pretty good as it dried. Also got less and less glossy. I can't wait to see it tomorrow. It got too dark to see how it's gonna end up.
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02144301

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02144310

When I pulled the tape, there was overspray EVERYWHERE! Oh NOES!!!! So the whole truck pretty much got a bath with the isopropyl to get all that off. Doh!

Then I decided to try out the rustoleum tint on the tailights that came on the truck. I figured "why not?" I couldn't make it worse than the first attempt. All I did was wipe the lenses down with isopropyl. No sanding. And it was too cold. And it was too windy. And the sun had gone in. But I just don't learn. I layed down one coat.
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02150905

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02150910

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02150917

And it came out PERFECT. With NO CLEAR. Rustoleum is a superior product. FACT!!!!

Since I still had some daylight left, I busted out my heat gun and got rid of those super ghey 4x4 stickers. Yes, it is quite apparant that it is a 4x4. So why??? Then I installed the tails too. Probably too soon, as they had only beed drying about 45 minutes. But as I mentioned previously, I'm not too bright...
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02155402

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02155411

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02155418

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02155329

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-02155351

Yeah, that looks MUCH better!

I was hoping that my diamond plate and projectors would show up this afternoon, but I wasn't that lucky... Boo. Maybe tomorrow? I actually kind of like it without the back rack... What do you think?

Since I still had some light left, I cleaned all the windows inside and out and then I installed my stereo that I had in the old truck. So much better inside now, too! All I have left to do in there is install the seat heaters I bought. Hopefully soon!

So yeah, busy day. But it was fun and I'm happy. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Emblems off, no back rack, and you have a winna.

Maybe paint wheels black with chrome GMC center caps.

Chrome door handl and mirror covers, new rear chrome bumper. cheers

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:25 pm

wait..... Im confused...... scratch

....... your doing your own work now? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:27 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
wait..... Im confused...... scratch

....... your doing your own work now? Laughing
He said he busted out the heat gun!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Damn man, I'd better get back to messing with my truck so I can catch up.

Dude, those tails you redid look SICK! Friggin' awesome! Just the right amount of darkness to them. I might do that to the ones on my truck now with that stuff.

I'd put the back rack on there again, I thought it looked good with it, or at least hang onto it.

NO CHROME MIRROR COVERS OR DOOR HANDLES!!!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwww!
Get body color pewter ones, they look great after installation...my friend has them, along with the tailgate handle and escutcheon for it. I think you can find the pewter mirror caps too.

I see you got some of the Mexican Table tires... Laughing

I got rubberized undercoat overspray all over my old truck once, I think I used a claybar to remove it or bug and tar remover, I forget, but it came off. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Chrome looks good on pewter. Very Happy
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 Newtruck005
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:50 pm

I already have the factory chrome mirrors and I like them. Smile No door handes though! They had em on clearance at walmart for 5 bucks or something so I got em to see how they looked. Lets just say that I didn't remove the backing from the tape. Wink

I think I like the black handles on the trucks. Body color would be nice, and I did think about that, but that's too fancy. Wink

Might paint the rims. But probably not. Razz

I also painted the wheelwells in the back flat black. I hated seeing the body color in there! Looks better now!

I want to try to straighten the rear bumper. And try to get all the silver paint that he sprayed over the chrome (????) off it...
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:59 pm

The factory mirrors in chrome are good, these are what I was referring to, lol

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 400006
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
The factory mirrors in chrome are good, these are what I was referring to, lol

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 400006

Oh BOOOOO!!!!!!

Those are gross! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:40 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Emblems off, and you have a winna.

cheers

I agree..... make'm wonder what it is....... any thoughts on a one piece billet grill?

also fix your signature...... you saying my work sucks? Suspect
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:19 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
Emblems off, and you have a winna.

cheers

I agree..... make'm wonder what it is....... any thoughts on a one piece billet grill?

also fix your signature...... you saying my work sucks? Suspect

Nah, not a fan of the billet grills. I like the stock grill, actually. Smile

And I shaved the last one and liked it a lot. But I kind of dig the way this one looks right now with the emblems. I gotta think on it a bit more before I remove em.

And I will fix the sig. Your work does not suck. I just don't know what to put in it yet. Razz
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:20 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
....... I just don't know what to put in it yet. Razz

Ummm...how about "Shiny Stock"
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:08 am

UGH Crovo You're killin me! That truck is beautiful! Arrow Keep up the good work

My thoughts: keep emblems and rack, black fender flares not too huge but nice ones, no chrome (dodge HEMI ram stick on items...no offense Billy Mac Laughing ) chrome bumper and its done.

Then immediately work on the caddy... Arrow
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:04 am

1984twodoor wrote:

........ I like the way this guy thinks lol!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Hey! Look what I stumbled upon today!!!!

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-03212038

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-03212050

HA! Take-offs with like zero miles on them!!!! Very Happy

(now I need to sell my brandy new tires on the old rims... grrrrr Smile)

Anybody got a set of the chrome GM centercaps with the lugs and lug caps kicking around?
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:47 pm

You've got to be banking a few grand a week. Those wheels are CLEAN!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:28 am

bowtiepimp wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:

Laughing Arrow

........ I like the way this guy thinks lol!

GasTT wrote:
You've got to be banking a few grand a week. Those wheels are CLEAN!

Seriously Crovo WTF! Y U SO LUKY WIT CARZ scratch
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:57 am

I gotta admit.... I'm having a good run recently. Everything is just kind of falling into my lap or I just come across it super cheap. Wink

Must be payback for that friggin Subaru. Razz
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:45 am

Where did you find all this stuff so quick, namely the wheels? lol

That's interesting they're in Alcoa boxes, cool. Cool
Guy I work with had those Mesa AP "Mexican Table" tires on his van and didn't like them, so maybe it's for the best. lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:09 pm

I actually like those tires so far. Nice and quiet, good in the rain. Ride nice, no tracking. I'd buy em again! Smile

And... It's like Santa came early this year!!!!
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-05155106

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-05161738

I threw the bedcaps on already. Was too dark for pics. Will be doing the headlights, tailgate cap, nerf bars, and intake throughout the week... Wink

Dropping off the hood at the body shop tonight!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Man...your good.
1-1/2 weeks + 75% transformation.
Really dont know why your taking soooo long with the wheels & hood though....
Friggin slacker.... Razz
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 pm

sdstick wrote:
Man...your good.
1-1/2 weeks + 75% transformation.
Really dont know why your taking soooo long with the wheels & hood though....
Friggin slacker.... Razz

Lol I know right!? Laziest member
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:57 pm

LOL! Very Happy

The hood just. came. TODAY! Smile

Getting the H2's onnit tomorrow after work. Haven't found centercaps or lugs yet though. Sad
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:34 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
LOL! Very Happy

The hood just. came. TODAY! Smile

Getting the H2's onnit tomorrow after work. Haven't found centercaps or lugs yet though. Sad

*tiny violin* THE SUBIE STRIKES BACK! You shouldn't have put it in the pics Crovo! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:42 pm

lol Razz

Guy is flying in from Chicago to pick it up on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:11 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
lol Razz

Guy is flying in from Chicago to pick it up on Saturday.

Annnnnd your luck is back... Neutral jerk

Laughing

*fingers crossed the sun is out tomorrow* I'm pulling all of the glass out of the red b*#$H tomorrow and the wiring harnesses that I want (TPI) so you better not send that subie luck and rain to me!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Got my H2's on today! Went with the Nitto Terra Grapplers in 285/70/17's this time. Smile

No pics because I don't have my centercaps yet. Ordered them today.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:08 am

Nice, the Nittos are something I am looking at in that size for my stock Z71 wheels, but I haven't lifted my truck yet and my current Goodyears are only a year old, LOL.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:35 pm

So I dropped the hood off at the bodyshop the day it came in. Happy now??? lol! Very Happy

Getting closer!
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 2011-12-07152152

Can't wait for my caps to come in!!!!

When it stops raining/snowing I plan to put on my step bars, headlights, and intake. Then all that's left is my amp and sub and the seat heaters. Til something breaks. Wink

Still haven't decided on the backrack!

Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:41 pm

I think it looks sharp with the back rack. Put it on, if you get sick of it, take it off, lol
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:47 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
So I dropped the hood off at the bodyshop the day it came in. Happy now??? lol! Very Happy
1/2 Happy......w8ing 4it... bounce

toomanytoyz wrote:
Still haven't decided on the backrack!

Truck looks REALLY clean.
I liked the rack when I 1st saw it, but now IMO it'll take away from "the look"

Prop it up in there when alls said & done, I dont think it'll ever live in there again.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:49 pm

The thing is with the backrack, I'll have to drill a hole in my nice new diamondplate to mount it. And I'm not sure it'll stay on there... Like Steve said, I think it looks better without it.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The SLuT, part Dieux
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: Other GM vehicles :: All other GM vehicles-
Jump to: