BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

got in an accident on the highway today!

Go down 
+17
toomanytoyz
MASShole9C1
mega
phantom 309
Tomz9C1
boojum
Machine-De-Zine
No Moa
1984twodoor
waynes91
sdstick
Pooge
95brmw
Matt Trakker
bowtiepimp
96slowss
mikiehews
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mikiehews

mikiehews

got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:23 pm

mikiehews wrote:
I just got back from the insuance "drive-in" in easton. Doesn't sound good.

the appraisal came thru this morning. $2675.63 to repair. Thats with factory w/o moldings and used doors. Also got a letter from the insurance company of the meat stick that hit me saying they are going to pay for the repairs and I should be able to get a rental.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Bullshit, its gonna cost more than that to fix it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:45 pm

No Moa wrote:
Bullshit, its gonna cost more than that to fix it.

SUPLIMENT!
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Get a bunch of other opinions.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:32 pm

You've got to get as much from an appraiser as possible AT THAT TIME.
Best thing you can do is present a couple of WELL +$+ WRITTEN +$+ estimates when driving into the appraiser.
Your appraiser would be easy because he knows he's going after the other drivers policy.
Supplements are fine but thats for hidden stuff that didnt get written up.
Their obviously not going to write you for a full paint job.
Start looking for parts, find out what you have left for $ & find a bodyshop.
Most of them want to know what you rec'd so they dont come in to low....lol
When you find one that'll work with you, your all set. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:01 pm

I'd still fight for more. Bullshit I'd take that price. He must be using rusted out old junk mass caprice parts. And no moldings? F them!
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Sounds like the prior owner is upset over the harsh treatment of his non-mass impala with the prior prior owners paint job

Actually, timing is good. Mike can look at it on the 14th
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Prior owner wants new owner to get a fair deal, car wasn't wrecked untill a masshole hit new owner, and prior owners lady is in the insurance business. She knows her shit. The paint was like some people in mass, an abomination. Might be hard for mike to match, I know my body shop owner said no way when I wanted the scratches fixed.
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:45 pm

150 for front door(used), 100 for rear door(used). 5 hours for 1/4 panel repair. Factory moldings and emblems. 51.8 hours labor $1814.00. Total parts $578.07.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:48 pm

35 an hour. That's cheap.
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:51 pm

No Moa wrote:

hourly has been the same in mass for many years. Mass insurance pays sh*t.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:05 pm

No Moa wrote:
I'd still fight for more. Bullshit I'd take that price. He must be using rusted out old junk mass caprice parts. And no moldings? F them!

glens right! your getting boned buddy. Come to macmulkin, they get you at least $3500 .......

....... are they gonna pay to paint the whole car or spray that one side?
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm

mikiehews wrote:
No Moa wrote:

take the check and have mike do it! Very Happy

..... At the price , nothings lining up, clips are missing, no prep to the paint, bet in a year the paint will be doing the maaco special done the road. Surprised
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:13 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
mikiehews wrote:
No Moa wrote:

take the check and have mike do it! Very Happy

..... At the price , nothings lining up, clips are missing, no prep to the paint, bet in a year the paint will be doing the maaco special done the road. Surprised

I wanna bring it to Mike @ whitman body works its right next to my house.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:14 pm

I think you can get that bumped up. When I got hit by the retarded motorcyclist, while the parts were used, I wound up with a driver's door and fender that were already the same color as my truck for about 235 all together (Nissenbaums in Somerville is a ripoff shithole but I found a door that didn't need to be jammed for paint, so that saved some money), then had rot cut out, patch panel welded in, and the entire driver's side painted including both colors. Body shop was able to get more money out of the ins. company for uh, unforeseen stuff. lol
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:03 am

UPDATE:
the purple monster is in the shop (needham collision) Gino has taken very good care of me in the past. I think I may keep the car purple for awhile. Most people make fun of the color but it does stand out. My rental is a Dodge charger. Rides ok but I'd never buy one especially with a 3.5v6. Going to dennisport for acouple of days. Theropy time.
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:56 am

lol i work in dennisport
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:55 pm

mikiehews wrote:
UPDATE:
the purple monster is in the shop (needham collision) Gino has taken very good care of me in the past. I think I may keep the car purple for awhile. Most people make fun of the color but it does stand out. My rental is a Dodge charger. Rides ok but I'd never buy one especially with a 3.5v6. Going to dennisport for acouple of days. Theropy time.

I don't mind the car really, I just think a repaint would warrant a return to DGGM, LOL. If you can get just the side of the car fixed and kept purple, I'd do that and save some cash!
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
mikiehews wrote:
UPDATE:

I don't mind the car really, I just think a repaint would warrant a return to DGGM, LOL. If you can get just the side of the car fixed and kept purple, I'd do that and save some cash!

i would keep the car painted just as it is.
even if it cost more then returning the car to one of those boring factory colors. No
the thought of having a car that looks just like thousands of others is not
my cup o tea. just my .02 Smile

hope the car has a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:57 pm

no car yet, should be early next week. Keeping the crazy purple. Man I miss my Impy.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Are they covering the 2 painted arrows on the trunklid? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:06 am

mikiehews wrote:
no car yet, should be early next week. Keeping the crazy purple. Man I miss my Impy.

lucky bastard! Like a Star @ heaven

post pics asap!
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:17 am

update:

come to find the body shop has yet to get two right side doors that aren't f-ed up!
Anyone have a good RH front door and a RH rear door for sale. I've been without my car for a month and a half! WTF. I called around and I can't find anything. Please help!
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:42 am

Mike,

Cadet spotted this for Anthony who is looking for an axle, he is not too far from them: http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/2600496026.html

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:12 pm

mikiehews wrote:
update:

come to find the body shop has yet to get two right side doors that aren't f-ed up!
Anyone have a good RH front door and a RH rear door for sale. I've been without my car for a month and a half! WTF. I called around and I can't find anything. Please help!
Thanks.

Mike 96slowss might still have his doors from the 9C1 he parted. Worth a PM
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:47 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Mike,

Cadet spotted this for Anthony who is looking for an axle, he is not too far from them: http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/2600496026.html

Tom C.
they are very good guys over at leveilles, i use to go there all the time when i lived in CT.
i just got of the phone with Mike @ leveilles and hes lookinjg into the condition of the doors, he is suppose to call me back after he checks them out. didnt get a price from him on them.
he wanted $125 for an axle affraid or $200 for the whole rear end.
i kindly declined, and understood his pricing for the axle.
its time consuming to bring a car inside and have a guy tear a rear end apart just for the axle.

ill let you know when i hear back from him.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Check with "Pooge" he is liable to have what you need.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:25 pm

My guess would be Glen
Doug usually has the SS market cornered
Not that its any of my business he says while butting in
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:27 pm

sdstick wrote:
My guess would be Glen

Is it wise to be discussing Secret Society business aloud like this? Wink
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:37 pm

sdstick wrote:
My guess would be Glen

Hi Steve

I think Mike's is an SS, but he did buy it from Glen.

Tom
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:38 pm

I was butting into the wrong thread, I meant Ants axle
Wish the secret society had censored my post before Justin quoted it....damn
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm

got a call back from Mike @ levielles.
he said the rear door has a few dings, BUT, has the k9 cage WELDED not
bolted to the door. he said seeing it was a first for him to.
and the front door has rust starting under the trim.
sorry for the bad news....
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 pm

thanks for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Will wagon doors work by any chance?[NOT, a wagon guy...yet]
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:30 pm

have you tried searching here?
http://car-part.com/
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:32 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Will wagon doors work by any chance?[NOT, a wagon guy...yet]

Front doors only.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Ok, I know you are looking to get the SS finished, and back soon, but with my recent family additions, I will try to check out the wagons at the local yard. All good candidates from what Ive seen.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:39 am

laidlow91 wrote:

So why do I see PLENTY of doors here but you cant get them?
I'm bothered by this because I have a door but I REALLY dont want to give it up.
I'd do it rather then see you get ef'd but COME ON....one of those places MUST have your doors...

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Someone parting a '94 and a '96 9C1. Watervilet is right outside Albany

http://albany.craigslist.org/pts/2600990654.html
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:56 pm

sdstick wrote:
laidlow91 wrote:

So why do I see PLENTY of doors here but you cant get them?
I'm bothered by this because I have a door but I REALLY dont want to give it up.
I'd do it rather then see you get ef'd but COME ON....one of those places MUST have your doors...

..... I agree with you Steve, I worked @ chevy and we could get parts from anywhere for any thing......

......Mike do you have a body shop at your dealership? We had a guy who scanned used sites all day getting the best prices.....
( empire, LQK, atlantic, etc)

..... roll up the sleeves and dig deeper.... Arrow
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:54 pm

found two doors (finally) they arrived @ the body shop today. I'm going to bring the car back tonite or tomorrow to get the work completed. Thanks to all for the help.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:04 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Lol I pulled a 95 outta the woods today to get pics of the doors for ya, guess I'll push her back in. Lol congrats glad you found some mike!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:03 pm

mikiehews wrote:
found two doors (finally) they arrived @ the body shop today. I'm going to bring the car back tonite or tomorrow to get the work completed. Thanks to all for the help.

By help he means kick in the ass Wink
Back to top Go down
96slowss

96slowss

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:29 am

cant wait to see it back together. any chance ull have it for the roundup?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:36 pm

96slowss wrote:
cant wait to see it back together. any chance ull have it for the roundup?
x2 I hope it is ready for the roundup! You don't wanna be like me and show up in a non B-Body non GM product silent
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:46 pm

got the car back from the bodyshop lastnite.

got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 Impala12

got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 Impala13

got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 Impala14

got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 Impala15

soo happy to have it back.
I also have access to my mother-in-laws car for the winter so I won't have to worry about driving in the snow.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Nice! And cool on the winter car, now give me my ugly wheels and snows back! Lmao.
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 pm

No Moa wrote:
Nice! And cool on the winter car, now give me my ugly wheels and snows back! Lmao.

come get em' LOL.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Lookin' gooooood! Arrow

.....Purpala, now that's cool!!!!! Cool Cool Cool love it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got in an accident on the highway today!   got in an accident on the highway today! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

got in an accident on the highway today!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next