BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
my car was pretty much stolen EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
my car was pretty much stolen EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
my car was pretty much stolen EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
my car was pretty much stolen EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
my car was pretty much stolen EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

my car was pretty much stolen

Go down 
+12
96Brougham
Ironfistdog
silverfox103
95brmw
boojum
Grumpy
Pooge
sdstick
No Moa
bowtiepimp
toomanytoyz
mega
16 posters
AuthorMessage
mega

mega

my car was pretty much stolen Empty
PostSubject: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:51 pm

ok heres what happened. on saturday around 1pm i broke down only 200ft from my mechanic and went to talk to him but he was leaving so he called the towing company accross the street and asked them to tow it in. i was there so can confirm the call. so about 2 hours ago i call him to see hows the progress. you car ain here he says and was never delivered. i flip out because i talked to the towing company a few hours after we called and they said they towed it. so i was fine till today, now they are saying they never got the call so i call Harwich police and they tell me its in Yarmouth because they had it towed at 8pm thats a 7 hour window for the other guys to get it. now the other guys want 300 to get it out my mechanic is pissed to because he was booked with my car and is kinda bored. so i call my boss the owner of my landscape company and he know the owner of the towing place we called first and he has to talk to the guy that was there but he wont answer his phone. to me something fishy is going on. i want my car and i souldnt have to pay for the 300 and tomorrow it will be 335, and 35 extra everyday. im so pissed right now. what do i do im still waitin on the towing owner to call me back to. If he dont pay for this he will lose is business for sure i am going to sue the hell outta him, and the company that towed it is willing to give me all the documents that the have stating when they got the call to who did tow and times. also my mechanic will give me a statement saying same as i said, also my friend was with me when we walked into the first place we called and they told me they towed it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:13 pm

I gave up reading it about halfway through, man. Punctuation. It's your friend.

If indeed your car got stolen, I hope you find it.

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:56 pm

not for nothing man, a car like that you dont just leave for a tow guy to come get it. ...... duh?

Surprised

......... also the longer you wait and the more you bitch , less and less of your car you'll get back .

............ and never threaten to sue....... cause really ...... you'll make it harder and still lose in the end.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:04 pm

You should verified the company picked up YOUR car. I would never leave my car, I'd have pushed the damn thing before I trust anyone.
Good luck sueing, it will cost twice as much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Go pay the $335 before its $370. They towed it legally & wont change thier fees.
If the 1st tow company is hiding, they wont be helpful (& sure as hell wont pay).

When you & your friend went to the 1st tow place....you know, when they told you they towed the car....Where was it?
If the 2nd tow company didnt tow until 7 hrs later, does that mean you drove by it? or just didnt check?
You & your friend could've pushed it 200ft to your mechanic.
Chaulk it up to experience, it sux when you get hosed.
The worlds full of people that DONT do thier job.

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:12 pm

No Moa wrote:
You should verified the company picked up YOUR car. I would never leave my car, I'd have pushed the damn thing before I trust anyone.

..... wait hold on really?, your car broke down 200 ft from your mechanic and you called a tow company?...

.........you can fix a car but you cant fix stupid.....wow my head hurts
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 pm

No Moa wrote:

Yup, how did you not wait with the car tll it got towed? I would never leave my car on the side of the road longer than a few minutes to run and get gas or something...sounds like you dropped the ball as much as anyone else did.

Stop placing blame, man up, and pay the bill.

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:49 pm

get AAA+ ... sounds like your goin to need it Arrow
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:57 pm

well when i walked to the tow company they said they towed it and i dont know bout you but pushing a 5000lb car by yourself is almost imposible when its in dirt. and when the guys say they did it and never did is a little funny and it aint like i have 300 just layin around wait wait ah i just squated and theres the 300. all i know is i know were my car is and havent told em im going to sue em yet but me and my boss are trying to talk to the owner he knows him personally so we might get him to cover cost of it.
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Pooge wrote:
No Moa wrote:

Yup, how did you not wait with the car tll it got towed? I would never leave my car on the side of the road longer than a few minutes to run and get gas or something...sounds like you dropped the ball as much as anyone else did.

Stop placing blame, man up, and pay the bill.

and i did verify to a point i cant walk 3 towns to see where it is every minute of the day and the guys we called told me to my face they towed it to my mechanic. so yes it is those guys and i will not pay a bill for another guys screw up. and yes now i will be getting AAA ive never needed it but now seems to be a good idea
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:40 pm

#1 and I once tried to push my 5000 lb. Blazer over a very small bump and up a slight incline into a garage. There was also a little snow on the ground. We weren't having much luck. I then jacked up the rear high enough to put some ramps under the tires. It was then very easy to push it down the ramps and into the garage.

Now you might ask what does this have to do with towing a car? The truck had a bad coolant temperature sensor. Smile

Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 pm

belive me i hate leaving my car just as much as everyone of you. the thing was i was by myself and can not push a caprice and steer outta the dirt and push it down route 28 for 100-200 foot. i know it was a short distance. but impossible alone the way I had it parked.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:30 am

mega wrote:
belive me i hate leaving my car just as much as everyone of you. the thing was i was by myself and can not push a caprice and steer outta the dirt and push it down route 28 for 100-200 foot. i know it was a short distance. but impossible alone the way I had it parked.

..... i've pushed my lac by myself several times, nothings impossible with a little will power.....
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:56 am

bowtiepimp wrote:
mega wrote:

..... i've pushed my lac by myself several times, nothings impossible with a little will power.....

Well...there's the difference. Mega was by himself....
You had little will with you.... Rolling Eyes Wink
Unless...thats what you call your....oh never mind

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 am

sdstick wrote:
bowtiepimp wrote:
mega wrote:

Well...there's the difference. Mega was by himself....
You had little will with you.... Rolling Eyes Wink
Unless...thats what you call your....oh never mind

and belive me I tried, and tried to push it. she just wouldn't move for me. but oh i live i learn
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 am

Next time put it in Neutral....... Shocked ..... Razz

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:43 am

sdstick wrote:

"N" ???? Sorry ..put it in "P" FOR PUSHING !! Arrow
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 am

sdstick wrote:

ha ha ha funny
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:58 pm

B-bodies are easy to move when you have a lawn tractor helping!
my car was pretty much stolen DSC07085
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:18 pm

used a bobcat a week ago, but might have a few laws on my side this time we will see tomorrow
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:53 pm

i got the beast back finally
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:19 pm

NO cost right ?? Arrow
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:35 pm

had to pay 390 but got a lawyer and we are hitting em for triple damages plus i got a ticket for it being broken down lol. so cost plus fee's and such.i am happy to have it back funny thing she started right up when i got in but still took to mechanic
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:52 am

Dammm.. A lawyer is handling it now .. You maybe getting a lesson in life . good luck.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:43 pm

mega wrote:
had to pay 390 but got a lawyer and we are hitting em for triple damages plus i got a ticket for it being broken down lol. so cost plus fee's and such.i am happy to have it back funny thing she started right up when i got in but still took to mechanic

Wait, what?

You got a lawyer to sue who?

And your sueing for Triple what?

And your going to try to get the money for the ticket out of the towing company?

I agree with Grumpy, i'm betting your going to learn things the hard way.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:20 pm

No Moa wrote:
mega wrote:

Wait, what?

You got a lawyer to sue who?

And your sueing for Triple what?

And your going to try to get the money for the ticket out of the towing company?

I agree with Grumpy, i'm betting your going to learn things the hard way.

DUDE! A couple of days ago you didn't have the money for the towing, now you're hiring a lawyer for triple damages etc. etc. etc? I think we're having a tough time believing the story to start with, now this; PLEASE!

I agree with everybody else.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 5:43 pm

mega wrote:
we are hitting em for triple damages
my car was pretty much stolen Images10
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:51 pm

wow what is with all the rude ass comments. first of all my lawyer is free, yes free I redid her haouse last year and she said she owes me a favor. also, i guess nobody has ever heard of the consumer protection act. prolly dont have it in ur states but here in ma, if a company makes a promise of work and does not follow thru and causes you injury, not a physical injury you are entitled to monetary comp. This is in the mass laws so if ya dont belive it go look it up.
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Ironfistdog wrote:
mega wrote:
we are hitting em for triple damages
my car was pretty much stolen Images10

i think you know all bout this little law in ma.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Go get em !!! Guess we will see who gets another lesson in life Cool These posts are not negative.. Just experience of been there an done it Arrow
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:15 pm

mega wrote:
wow what is with all the rude ass comments. first of all my lawyer is free, yes free I redid her haouse last year and she said she owes me a favor. also, i guess nobody has ever heard of the consumer protection act. prolly dont have it in ur states but here in ma, if a company makes a promise of work and does not follow thru and causes you injury, not a physical injury you are entitled to monetary comp. This is in the mass laws so if ya dont belive it go look it up.

Sad Sad Sad

ok take this how ever you want to..... You F'd up plain and simple. now your suing cause you feel your were made a fool of ?

dude shit like that is why mass. sucks so much. Get real. Nobody owes you a thing.

Everybody in the state suffers from dicks like you, tying up the courts over your own stupidity.

so while you go to get your 300 bucks back and your lawyer gets paid for being scum, my taxes go up and a working man faces the possibility of losing his way life.

@$#%&*(^!@)^$ #* @%&*(!$ Mad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 pm

mega wrote:
Not really.
I would say everyone's comments are right in line with the topic, and the stupidity of the subject. You need to pull your head out of your ass. You are going to sue someone for your bad decision. The cops had the car towed because it was broke down on a street, the towing company has a contract with the police, and the tow company did their job. Really?

Grow up!
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:01 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
mega wrote:
Not really.
I would say everyone's comments are right in line with the topic, and the stupidity of the subject. You need to pull your head out of your ass. You are going to sue someone for your bad decision. The cops had the car towed because it was broke down on a street, the towing company has a contract with the police, and the tow company did their job. Really?

Grow up!

Preach!!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:40 am

WTH did I miss?
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:48 am

Cadet57 wrote:
WTH did I miss?

Come on, I know you can read!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:55 am

No Moa wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
WTH did I miss?

Come on, I know you can read!

I read the whole thing but by halfway down the page I had no idea where the thread went. Whole thing took a serious detour Laughing

Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:00 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 am

Cadet57 wrote:

Whole thing took a serious detour Laughing

He "Lawyer-ed up" affraid Goin to teach some lessons Arrow
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:06 pm

How bout' some Cliff's notes?
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
no idea where the thread went. Whole thing took a serious detour Laughing

Wow....thats strange......that NEVER happens around here.... scratch

Fishah wrote:

Mega breaks down....tow$....lawyer....harrassment...life lesson.

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 am

sdstick wrote:

Mega breaks down....tow$....lawyer....harrassment...life lesson.

my car was pretty much stolen Nutshell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:13 am

Fishah wrote:

If you say so Bill.
my car was pretty much stolen NormCliff
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:08 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Fishah wrote:

If you say so Bill.
my car was pretty much stolen NormCliff

You know, Bill's in Chicago...you know what team plays there?

Daaaaa....Bearsse.

my car was pretty much stolen George-wendt-signed-super-fans-snl-8x10-photo-wcoa_09ccb1692f1828ffe2179c71a12b0dc0
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:22 pm

im sorry i got a lil teed off the other day been really stessed but going back to work helped. 3 months off is to much. well the beast is gettinf a fuel pump and sending unit now rotted line jujst as yall described. and were did all these posts come from? no emails lately
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:55 am

Sleep
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Twisted Evil Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my car was pretty much stolen   my car was pretty much stolen Empty

Back to top Go down

my car was pretty much stolen
Page 1 of 1