BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Aftermarket swaybars EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Aftermarket swaybars EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Aftermarket swaybars EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Aftermarket swaybars EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Aftermarket swaybars EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Aftermarket swaybars EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Aftermarket swaybars EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Aftermarket swaybars EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Aftermarket swaybars EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Aftermarket swaybars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
onehunglo

onehunglo

Aftermarket swaybars Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket swaybars   Aftermarket swaybars EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Don't know if you guys saw the front and rear bar set up for sale on the NAISSO digest, but there's the F-Body front and the HO rear. So my question would be, is it a better idea to get an aftermarket lower control arm's to work well with this bar or use it with the factory 96 set up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket swaybars   Aftermarket swaybars EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:33 pm

onehunglo wrote:
Don't know if you guys saw the front and rear bar set up for sale on the NAISSO digest, but there's the F-Body front and the HO rear. So my question would be, is it a better idea to get an aftermarket lower control arm's to work well with this bar or use it with the factory 96 set up?
Trust me when I say this. If you go bigger than a stock sway bar on the rear, you need after market lower control arms. Ask me how I know. scratch
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket swaybars   Aftermarket swaybars EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Yea McKay is right. You will literally rip the stock LCA's apart with an aftermarket bar; ESPECIALLY the biggest bar on the market.

With that said, if you plan on lowering your car, the HO rear bar is too big. Way to stiff. It will cause a potentially dangerous oversteer characteristic..... Ask me how I know...

Furthermore, the F-Body front bar does work, but it does not fit right. The angle on the endlinks is way off, and the geometry is simply not correct.

Nothing on the market compares to the Hotchkis bars, and my suggestion is that it's worth spending the extra dough and getting the best. With the hotchkis bars you'll need aftermarket LCAS. You do not need the ultra expensive Hotchkis arms though. www.umiperformance.com has the best bars for the money period. Crovo, Myself, and many others run them with zero complaints.
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket swaybars   Aftermarket swaybars EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Great thanks Bills' Razz I somewhat gathered that from a search on the forum but needed some reinforcements. It seemed like a great deal....oh well shouldn't spend the dough anyway.
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket swaybars   Aftermarket swaybars EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:00 pm

i used the umi ca's when i replaced the rear, now some say that using the upper ones also may have a binding problem on the street , cant tell if there is or not, i dont beat on it or xcross etc so i cant tell,havent noticed anything different ,just thought id throw it out there
Aftermarket swaybars Hpim0168
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket swaybars   Aftermarket swaybars Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket swaybars
Page 1 of 1