BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...

Go down 
+12
mikiehews
1984twodoor
MASShole9C1
BoSStonsSS
mean ss
bowtiepimp
sdstick
96slowss
toomanytoyz
bammax
Pooge
Matt Trakker
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... Empty
PostSubject: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:02 pm

Does anyone know this car? Before anyone asks, I didn't get to take any pictures yet, but I'll try to get them when we go back to the house..

I was in Swampscott and in the driveway of the house next door, down the back there was a '65 Impala droptop, and a '94 SS parked closer to the end of the driveway in front of that. Through the window I could see it had some sort of a floor shifter installed (B&M?, maybe T-56?), there were extra gauges neatly installed in the dash to the left of the steering wheel, it had extra toggle switches of some kind in the console aft of the shifter boot (maybe a Blazer console or something), aftermarket brakes like Wilwoods possibly with red calipers and some other add ons, polished 18 or 19" aluminum 5 spoke wheels (Boyd?), and some other goodies that I am probably forgetting. The car had a Earnhardt "3" on the trunk, and an old green and white Mass. plate.

This is what sucks, the car was deteriorating badly. It definitely hadn't moved from it's spot in ages, tires looked flat spotted, the clear was all peeled off the spoiler and the back bumper, the car had about a foot of pine needles all in the cowl vent coming up the windshield, and sap all over it from front to back. The sun wasn't being kind to it either. It's too bad because it looked like a nice car, it still is, and could probably be saved, but too much longer and it's going to have major issues if it sits like that. The '65 in front of it was all the way under the pine tree (hence the pine needles) and was in way worse condition as a result, a harbinger of what's going to happen to the SS. Behind the 65 Impala was a big pile of cut off custom exhaust system components.

Anyway, figured I'd share while my Internet is actually working...lol. It definitely looked like one of those cars where someone would recognize it. If someone does know who it is, I'm not trying to poke fun at the situation, my house is a lot worse and has more cars laying around, so I know it happens.
Sad Smile
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:10 pm

knock on the door and see how much it would take to save it!

Doug

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Latelly around here that's a common site. Mostly it's people in the military getting sent overseas and the car is parked at a parents house and isn't touched until they return. Sometimes the cars are never touched again.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Pooge wrote:

Doug

I was gonna say the same thing! The only thing I will add is "TELL ME FIRST!" Wink

Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
96slowss

96slowss

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:27 am

there is a 96 ss in my town just like that. a kid i went 2 high school with got a big check and bought a 96 ss back in 2003-2004?. beat on it for alittle while drove it 2 north carolina shortly after gettin it the tranny blew up down there got towed back 2 his house and has sat in the dirt since... all 4 tires are flat grills now missing whole body is covered with green polin and sap. several people have knocked on his door and he just says "no iam keepin it, id have to get 7 grand for it to sell it" hes a retard...
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:56 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Pooge wrote:

Doug

I was gonna say the same thing! The only thing I will add is "TELL ME FIRST!" Wink

So there's gonna be a 4-SALE sign in the Caddy window...... Razz

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:26 pm

There's a mint dcm Imp for sale down the street from me. It spent about 3 days rotting away at a car wash/detailers before being parked in a driveway where the sunlight bounces nicely on the freshly waxed body. I'm guessing they want tons of money and it'll sit for a week or 2 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:30 pm

I'm obviously going to try and contact the owner of this one and see what the deal is if they don't seem crazy or anything like that...who knows, maybe they'll sell it (to me) cheap. Cool

Something's gotta be wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:23 pm

sdstick wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
Pooge wrote:

Doug

So there's gonna be a 4-SALE sign in the Caddy window...... Razz

Nope. Smile

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 pm

I left a nice note asking if the car(s) were for sale on the door there the other day (no one home), but never heard anything back. After a closer look at the car, I can see why it might be one of those "I'll never sell it" situations you see on the Cars in Barns website.

According the Europeanish guy next door, through his accent I could figure out he was saying something like the car had "zee 800 horsepower" and "nitrogen system yah"... Laughing

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 38119_523800115346_213500340_31178811_7963749_n

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 38119_523800100376_213500340_31178808_7250920_n

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 38119_523800120336_213500340_31178812_2325879_n

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 34911_523800150276_213500340_31178814_717737_n

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 38119_523800105366_213500340_31178809_2833483_n

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 38119_523800110356_213500340_31178810_6568716_n

So strange! Note the odd mufflers, numerous toggle switches, AC vents blocked off with carbon fiber panels and switches mounted there, analog gauges, etc...
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 pm

note the in dash monitor...... possible system in trunk.....somebody loved/loves that car......
Back to top Go down
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:16 pm

are those tail pipes running under the gas tank affraid
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:32 pm

mean ss wrote:
are those tail pipes running under the gas tank affraid

Yes they are...unless it has a fuel cell or something mounted differently...
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:32 am

That's too bad, someone obviously put some serious time into the car. It has it's rough points, but looks very savable..

And a 94 too...I have such a soft spot for them...esp. when you consider I have technically owned one one-thousanth of all that were produced

Doug

Last edited by Pooge on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:38 am

SOMEONE NEEDS TO SAVE IT FAST!!!!!
Back to top Go down
96slowss

96slowss

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:24 am

damn iam goin 2 have 2 take pics of the one sittin in my town.. its a 96
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:49 pm

I might actually know that car. If it's the one I'm thinking it is, I used to work with the guy who'd building it. And if it IS that one, it's a B-E-A-S-T!!!!! Supercharged, injected 502 with a 4L80E. All custom everything. The guy was pretty amazing. My aluminum driveshaft and a few other things came off that car... Smile

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:04 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I might actually know that car. If it's the one I'm thinking it is, I used to work with the guy who'd building it. And if it IS that one, it's a B-E-A-S-T!!!!! Supercharged, injected 502 with a 4L80E. All custom everything. The guy was pretty amazing. My aluminum driveshaft and a few other things came off that car... Smile

I want to say the owner's name is Dave, but I'm not 100% sure. That'd be pretty funny if it were the same car! Since it had the old green and white MA plate, I doubt someone under the age of 40 owns the car, so that would be a clue...

This just reminded me of another SS I saw sitting for years in N. Reading, it was on Haverhill St right by the side of the road in a driveway. The car looked like it may have been in an accident as it was sitting in an odd position, I believe it was on jackstands, and it was under a car cover. The thing must have been there for about 6 years then about a year or so ago it just disappeared, I think the house was sold.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:15 am

bammax wrote:
There's a mint dcm Imp for sale down the street from me. It spent about 3 days rotting away at a car wash/detailers before being parked in a driveway where the sunlight bounces nicely on the freshly waxed body. I'm guessing they want tons of money and it'll sit for a week or 2 Laughing

Yeah, car pro's want $11k. It has 40k on the clock too!!! I washed my 9C1 the other day and drooled. Had to check it out.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Pretty sure that's it, then. His name was Dave. Smile

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:28 pm

I wonder what happened! Shocked
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:23 pm

He works slowly and methodically. Wink

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:36 pm

Update, that I forgot to post.

About a week ago I got a random voicemail from a woman (prob. the guy's wife?) who'd received my note I left on the door back in July, asking if I were interested in the old Impala convertible. Didn't mention the '94 SS.
It looks like a cool car and seemed complete, but looked like it was beyond my means by a few football fields. lol

If anyone is interested in it, feel free to PM me and I'll send you their phone #.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:25 pm

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/2330088154.html

Just noticed that on CL...looks familiar. Smile
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 am

Matt Trakker wrote:

Looks like the hood on the SS was up.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:03 am

1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

Looks like the hood on the SS was up.

Yes, & the battery charger was in the foreground.
If they want $2K for the convertible, forget THAT seller, it'll be next year before they get real.

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:40 pm

FYI , the pro's sold that impala. Not sure who bought it, but I'm sure they paid too much for it. I work across the street.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:51 am

mikiehews wrote:
FYI , the pro's sold that impala. Not sure who bought it, but I'm sure they paid too much for it. I work across the street.

pro's ?

Race car builders or something? scratch
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:53 am

Auto repair pro's inc.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:49 pm

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/3385170325.html

Quote :
1994 impala ss with an aluminum 502 big block gold crane rocker arms (less than 1000 miles on engine) edelbrock pro flo injection putting out around 570HP approx 620ft lbs of torqueMSD digital ignitoin custom pullys 3" stainless exhaust all the way back stainless slotted brakes currie 9" rear end rebuilt and reinforced 4l80e tranny to hold over 1200HP for nitrous, electronic over drive vendor gear, 2 fuel cells in the trunk one for pump gas other for nitrous (110) octane, has stainless brake lines and braided cooling lines stage 4 nitrous kit that has lines run to trunk and ports on the intake just need the rail for the solenoids, has custom cobalt carbon fiber dash w/guages. Lidar jammer/detector and Pioneer stereo with nav etc. crager ss wheels edelbrock springs and shocks all around. electric water pump stainless radiator, rack and pinion steering (nitrous is wired up with the 4 stage kit) 50-250hp only has 1000 miles on the 502, 40,000 on the car 1994 has the least production!! Build has receipts for over 60000$! looking to move onto next project.
can get more pictures upon request.....
total sleeper and mustang killer can throw in 2 racing seats and simpson 6 point harnesses and another set of tires and wheels
781 640 6256

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 3G43J13Hc5L55F15Mecb3470c63e692f41dc9

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 3Ef3I93pf5N45L35X4cb3c8f7f56fbd29115a

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 3K83I73L55L65G55Eccb30180fccae5a01b3c

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 3I33p33Nf5Y05Me5Jecb3fc0136cd80c31813

Well that looks familiar...lol. I saw this car sitting in a driveway in Saugus a few days ago too. Knew it had to be the same car.

Here are the pics I took a back when I first posted this thread. I guess the URLs for them have since changed.

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 38119_523800115346_7963749_n

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 38119_523800120336_2325879_n

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 34911_523800150276_717737_n

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 38119_523800105366_2833483_n

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... 38119_523800110356_6568716_n
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:31 am

Holy shit that's a serious car.. Cleaned up nice too!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 am

I used to work with the guy who was building that car. Although, at the time it had a TH400 in it. He was talking about the gear vendors overdrive for it the last I talked to him. It doesn't sound like he kept it if you guys have seen it at those other places, but this is definitely the car. I remember him making the gauge cluster and those brakes and interior stick in my brain...

The aluminum driveshaft that I had in the Impala came out of this car when he started this build. :-)

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 am

Cleaned up well...

I love that it looks stock from the outside minus a set of wheels/tires...daddy likes!

Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:36 am

It looks like it had a DE Chevrolet badge on the back, and someone ripped it off in the old pictures.
I think I may have owned that car when it was new. I had the same badge and number three on mine. I wounder if that was my first impala. scratch

Edit: On second glance, I removed the door moldings a week after buying the car, and eventually removed the Impala SS script, and both the DEC badge and #3 flanked the license plate, and were centered.

Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Seein those pics of before, and it sitting like that, i don't care how clean it is, i dont think it will bring $22,000 bucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:01 pm

No Moa wrote:
Seein those pics of before, and it sitting like that, i don't care how clean it is, i dont think it will bring $22,000 bucks.
So right. Lucky to hit 10k.

Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Me three. In addition to the pictures that you guys can see here, I personally looked into the windows of this car and walked all around it, it was a total disaster. The driver's seat was ripped and the whole thing was generally dirty and full of pine needles inside and out, and the bright sun was cooking it every day. It had been sitting for a while too. It's a cool car nevertheless but that is wishful thinking. It looks like someone flipped the SS convertible on CL a while ago, so I'm curious as to whether the builder of this vehicle that Bill C. knew is the one selling it now and just moved to Saugus from Swampscott where I'd seen it originally, or if they wound up selling it cheap to a third party, and that person is trying to sell it for that high dollar amount now?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 4:59 pm

That car looks like you brought a razor blade to a knife fight but in reality it's more like a 50 cal!

I like it, but there is no way in hell that I like it for that much. Sorry lol!
Back to top Go down
Wraith'SS

Wraith'SS

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Remember seeing that car about 2 weeks ago up by my work in Quincy. It was at a brand new Meinike Muffler shop that just opened up next to the CVS behind it on Rt 3a.
If I see it again, have to stop and shoot the breeze and see it. Looks like a hell of a runner. But the money the owner wants will hold back most people for sure .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...   Saw an interesting SS rotting away today... Empty

Back to top Go down

Saw an interesting SS rotting away today...
Page 1 of 1