BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
New member, same car.... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
New member, same car.... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
New member, same car.... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
New member, same car.... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
New member, same car.... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
New member, same car.... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
New member, same car.... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
New member, same car.... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
New member, same car.... EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New member, same car....

Go down 
+2
toomanytoyz
SScarlett_Caprice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SScarlett_Caprice

SScarlett_Caprice

New member, same car.... Empty
PostSubject: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Whatsup. Just today i bought my caprice. its my second LT1 car and my third car to date. I also own a 1990 Cadillac Brougham that i drove last year and is now my cruiser. I bought the car off 'hoopty caprice' on here. real cool guy and a brilliant car! My caprice is a 1995 with the LT1. a few mods but ive got more in mind. Before the caprice i had a 1994 roadmaster estate. these b-bodies really are the best cars i can think of.... they do everything well.

pictures.... (better ones when its registered and the weather gets nicer)
New member, same car.... P3141453
New member, same car.... P3141452
New member, same car.... P3141449

My Caddy:
New member, same car.... PA211252
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Welcome aboard! I've seen that car in person. She's a real beaut. I love the color, you don't see it very often! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
SScarlett_Caprice

SScarlett_Caprice

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:11 pm

thanks, im determined to keep SScarlett as clean underneath as she is now. I cant stand it when my car isnt mint.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Welcome!

So the Caprice is the old "hoopty caprice"? lol. I always loved the color on that one too.

In addition, I fully plan on getting one of those 90-92 Broughams someday
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Nice car Dude. The Caprice Classics really are classic. I fight with myself everyday to keep the grandma look to it.
Back to top Go down
SScarlett_Caprice

SScarlett_Caprice

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Welcome!

So the Caprice is the old "hoopty caprice"? lol. I always loved the color on that one too.

sure is.

the brougham is a great car. mine has the oldsmobile 307 which leaks like a screen door on a submarine. i bought it running on 5 cylinders haha. it has so much character that i couldnt help but fall in love. some time soon shes getting a new engine and transmission, hopefully a cadillac 425 with a mild cam. if you get one, look for one with a towing package. the 307 is hopeless on the highway in such a heavy car.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:19 pm

SScarlett_Caprice wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:
Welcome!

sure is.

the brougham is a great car. mine has the oldsmobile 307 which leaks like a screen door on a submarine. i bought it running on 5 cylinders haha. it has so much character that i couldnt help but fall in love. some time soon shes getting a new engine and transmission, hopefully a cadillac 425 with a mild cam. if you get one, look for one with a towing package. the 307 is hopeless on the highway in such a heavy car.

Yeah, I drove an 89 before with the Olds engine and didn't like it. It leaked all kinds of oil!
I'm pretty sure the '90 was the last year you could get it as the 5.0 liter, then in 1991-92 they started putting 305s in them for that(probably because the Olds Custom Cruiser and the Caprice Wagons had been changed and no longer used the 307 either).

My first car was an '80 Coupe Deville, it had this odd Cadillac 368 engine in it that was supposedly a debored or destroked 425. That was the only year it was used as a normal engine, then in '81 they had the 4-6-8 cylinder deactivation system, then in 1982 they started putting the HT4100 engines in.
Back to top Go down
hooptycaprice

hooptycaprice

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 am

Damn thats a nice lookin Caprice!!!! Very Happy I gave that car lots of love through the years, and the only reason I sold it to Josh is because I think he will do the same. Josh seems to be way into B-Bodys and is a great kid too. I think he will be a great member. Good luck with it Josh!!!
Back to top Go down
SScarlett_Caprice

SScarlett_Caprice

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:32 am

Thanks, that really means a lot.

Shes getting nothing but the best from me. I have every intention of keeping this car for quite some time. i love these cars, kicks the crap out of the usual garbage people my generation seems to like. wont see me in some fart-can equipped rice bomb.

what exactly is the engine computer you put in? my buddy asked me and i felt stupid that i couldnt tell him exactly what it is. and do you want your yankees hat back?
Back to top Go down
hooptycaprice

hooptycaprice

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:40 am

It is just a basic Bryan Herter PCM4LESS.COM OBD1 93 octane tune . You can keep the hat. I noticed it as you were driving away Sad . YOU STOLE MY BABY!!! J/K.hahaha. Have fun with it dude. Its already branded with the BADASS stickers...free of charge!
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:29 am

I actually don't think I've ever seen that colour on a Caprice, looks classy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member, same car....   New member, same car.... Empty

Back to top Go down

New member, same car....
Page 1 of 1