BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Anybody out there?
*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2024 10:41 am by BostonChevy

» Wheel and Tire Bundles
*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****

Go down 
+12
Fishah
Pooge
BoSStonsSS
toomanytoyz
bammax
GasTT
Matt Trakker
sdstick
silverfox103
onehunglo
M.ROSS
96Brougham
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
druzdcm

druzdcm

*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:02 pm

I,wife,& boy are coming if it's ok. Last minute repairs to trans cooling and stuff so I did not say 100% till today so hurt me. If there is already a total number etc. I feel bad if the reply last minute. Let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
http://druzcherrybomb.shutterfly.com

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Fishah wrote:
So my buddy just bought a 90' Caprice.

If him and his Girlfriend join me on Sunday, would that mess up the numbah's?
No problem. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:33 pm

druzdcm wrote:
I,wife,& boy are coming if it's ok. Last minute repairs to trans cooling and stuff so I did not say 100% till today so hurt me. If there is already a total number etc. I feel bad if the reply last minute. Let me know Smile
No problem. Wink
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:20 pm

SO FISH MATT ARE WE MEETING UP SOMEWHERE 2MORROW?

TIME AND PLACE?

MY NUMBER IS 857-453-9863
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:57 pm

So it look like we will have a bunch of regulars, and a couple new faces. It will be a good time, and the food is great. Just ask Nick. Razz He fought that lobster for quite some time. In the end I think the lobster may have won the battle. lol!

Sorry to hear Bill Crovo and his family won't make it. Sad

See everyone in the am. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Ya, wish we could be there, but we will be in spirit! Smile

I tried working on the impala today, but just didn't have the time, running around all day... Ugh. I did manage to work on it a couple hours a couple nights this week though! Maybe she'll be ready for the next event.

You guys need to nail down our first mod day at the get together. Majority vote will be there!!!! Very Happy I can host too.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:08 am

Doug gets the first mod day. He already called it and has the parts and location ready to go. Maybe Crovo can be the second Wink
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:16 am

My car is loaded down to the point of sagging the suspension a little. I've got sports stuff for Tom, car stuff for Steve, a toy for Doug, a toy for Crovo that will be passed along, and a couple misc parts for Billy since they were from his car anyway. Then I have tons of other stuff that will be sold dirt cheap and bundled together. I'm hoping to come home with an empty car so that I can get a bit better gas mileage Wink

Everyone be safe and expect to leave with some new trinkets Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:59 am

Just me I guess. Forgot to call Rich so I'll prolly be rolling up in a sweet Honda.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:11 am

If anyone gets lost, my number is 603-988-4656
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:25 am

Looks like I might be running a couple minutes late, I awoke to 8 deer on my driveway and have been watching them for the last hour or so walk around the lot while I get stuff setup in the garage. I don't dare go outside and scare them off.

It's like watching a high school drinking party, all the males keep trying to get on top of the females and the females take two steps to keep from being violated, but don't run away...LOL

See you guys there,

Doug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Thanks to everyone for coming to our winter..... Spring meeet. Had a great time today. Sorry the Crovo's, Anthony and his familly, Steve and his wife and new baby could not make it. The food was good, the company was good. I wish we had yesterday's weather though.
Hope to see everyone at Doug's in April. cheers

I know Diane took a few pics, so I am sure Tom will be posting them when he gets a chance. Wink
Back to top Go down
booth9C1SS

booth9C1SS

PostSubject: Almost... !   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:19 pm

We were on our way down. I was getting back up to speed after stopping at the York (Maine) toll booth when there was a loud bang, then no engine power. I coasted to the side of the highway at the eixt 7 onramp. That was at 11:00. I aparently mis-entered Billy's number into my phone (entered 998-xxxx instead of 988-xxxx), so that other number will have some strange voise mail messages.

We sat on the side of the I-95 for three hours, but now we are back home... The car is at my sister's house in Gray (70 mile tow instead of 130 mile to tow it back here). I'm thinking my opti gave up the ghost in a spectacular way.

Hmmm, last get-together I did with you guys, my fuel pump died.

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/booth9c1ss

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Wow! Sorry to hear that Steve. You were just 15 minutes away too. I checked my phone, and no call came in to my phone.
Hell, we would have come and got you or something. Just glad you made it home safe.
Back to top Go down
druzdcm

druzdcm

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:46 pm

It was nice to meet you guys. The drive was not too bad but we had to stop after Boston to feed Jack so I am back. Food was good, I am glad to chat with some B-body pals, and look forward to Smile future meets.
Back to top Go down
http://druzcherrybomb.shutterfly.com
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Looks like you guys had a good time! I'll be at the next one. Smile

Sorry you broke on the way Steve. Your wife must not like us very much... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:51 pm

druzdcm wrote:
It was nice to meet you guys. The drive was not too bad but we had to stop after Boston to feed Jack so I am back. Food was good, I am glad to chat with some B-body pals, and look forward to Smile future meets.

Glad you and your family had a good time. We always have fun!

Sorry Steve broke down, too bad we didn't know as Pooge had his flatbed.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 pm

silverfox103 wrote:

Sorry Steve broke down, too bad we didn't know as Pooge had his flatbed.

Tom C.

No doubt, that is too bad, we would have had a free tow!

Doug
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:19 pm

booth9C1SS wrote:
We were on our way down. I was getting back up to speed after stopping at the York (Maine) toll booth when there was a loud bang, then no engine power. I coasted to the side of the highway at the eixt 7 onramp. That was at 11:00. I aparently mis-entered Billy's number into my phone (entered 998-xxxx instead of 988-xxxx), so that other number will have some strange voise mail messages.

We sat on the side of the I-95 for three hours, but now we are back home... The car is at my sister's house in Gray (70 mile tow instead of 130 mile to tow it back here). I'm thinking my opti gave up the ghost in a spectacular way.

Hmmm, last get-together I did with you guys, my fuel pump died.

Steve
I probably drove right by you around noontime.We'll have to make sure you have more #s next time.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Awesome day!

Sorry to hear of the car trouble, I actually broke down in Gray, ME once with my truck and wound up having it flatbedded as far back as Peabody, MA...thank god for a friend's AAA membership. Laughing
Back to top Go down
booth9C1SS

booth9C1SS

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:10 pm

I was supprised that NOBODY stopped. It makes feel even better that I stop to offer help when I can. It sure sucks being stuck on the side of the road... and I had company and I pulled over into the grass. Some people break down and change a tire with their butt hanging over the white line into traffic Shocked
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 pm

It was a good outing. Somehow I still have seat rails even though I promised myself those would not be making the ride back Suspect

Recap:
Everyone got their stuff.
Doug is mad at Crovo for stealing the good toy. (it's with billy for safe keeping by the way)
Some people got parts they didn't want Laughing
My shirt is awesome. I'm glad I went with that color combo Cool
Dougs trailer loading is the coolest show on earth (Disney may buy the movie rights)
Al's car rocks (i'm biased towards those cars though)
Drew does exists (his kid is fun)
Rich's car is running again (his kid is fun too)
I drove 2 hours to meet the guy I keep seeing down the street all the time Rolling Eyes
I managed to drive all the way there, put in $30 worth of gas and get all the way home and now have exactly the same amount of gas as when I left. Not bad for an old carb motor Smile

Also the food was pretty good. Not worth a 2 hour drive, but well worth a stop if you happen to be in the area for some reason. Just don't get the tuna sandwich or the lobster soup. I hear that both may be slightly overpriced Wink
Back to top Go down
booth9C1SS

booth9C1SS

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:35 am

So in case anyne is wondering... my car is drivable again. It was not the opti (as I had feared).

I tested it with an inline spark tester. No spark at plug 1, also no spark at the coil. I replaced the coil with no effect Mad I tested for 12v coming in and it was good. I then noticed that a pin in one of the connectors had backed out. I pushed it back in and it started right up. I bought a whole 'nother plug at the junkyard yesterday so hopefully it won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 am

Thanks for posting this up, I'm always interested in things to check to prevent headaches.
Glad the fix wasnt bad.
It sounded like it was gonna be worse when you described the highway shutdown.
Really is a PIA when you find such a little thing that causes such grief.
My last one was a $3.00 radiator drainplug that is cheapo plastic & decided to let go.
Matt & I were on our way to a Ducks Unlimited banquet that I had already paid for.
Sat in a rest area for couple of hours, missed the banquet, paid the tow & cursed that part the next day.
Still look forward to meeting you, better luck next time.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm

Pooge wrote:
Looks like I might be running a couple minutes late, I awoke to 8 deer on my driveway and have been watching them for the last hour or so walk around the lot while I get stuff setup in the garage. I don't dare go outside and scare them off.

It's like watching a high school drinking party, all the males keep trying to get on top of the females and the females take two steps to keep from being violated, but don't run away...LOL

See you guys there,

Doug

i DIDN'T KNOW you had pet deer Doug, are we having Venison at mod day? hehehehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****   *****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.***** - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

*****Rescheduled winter meet and geet March 21st.*****
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2