BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LiveFreeorDieTryin

Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! Empty
PostSubject: Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!   Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 pm

So, I seem to have developed a reputation for not keeping cars very long, and may have been on my way to earning the title of Resident Car Slut-Midwest Chapter. Although this reputation is deserved lately, My recent B-body experiences (a.k.a Losing lots of money on each deal) have led me to wait until I found the right car before "settling down."

I found this car on Craigslist on Thursday. Ironically, about 12 miles from here, just one town away. After emailing the seller about 15 times, with subjects like "I AM IN MONROE, I WANT TO BUY YOUR CAR RIGHT NOW!" I finally got a call back, and I picked her up today.

Now, I know what many of you are thinking, "He says he'll keep it now, but wait a couple weeks." I dispute this, and submit exhibit A:

An actual completed and signed title. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am loathe to pay to register and title a car that I am not going to keep, so as you can see, this is serious!
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! Title

So, what is this creature you ask? What I have found is, well, what I started out with all those years ago. I never should have sold it, and I have now had the oppurtunity to rectify that mistake.

She is a 1991 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. Bright Silver Metallic, Grey Corduroy Deluxe Interior Package with warning lights, door pulls, and power everything. The car is very clean with no body rust that I can find, and minimal dents and/or scratches.

305 TBI V8 with a 700R4 Trans, paired nicely with 3.08 Gears and a working G80 Posi.

This car is a one owner, 75,000 mile garaged car owned by a man who recently passed away at 99 years old. I bought it from his son, who was in his 70's himself.

And the best part? All this for $1,200.

Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! NewImage
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! NewImage3
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! Odo
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! NewImage2
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! 91-1
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! 91-2
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! 91-3
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! 91-4
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! 91-7
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! 91-5
Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! 91-6

I'd like to keep this close to stock, but any subtle mod suggestions are appreciated. I will be making backyard wide whites, as one of the tires seems to be about 3/4 of the way there already. Thinking of two-toning it with charcoal below the belt, as a darker color at the bottom makes it look longer and lower.

Thanks for looking, comments and suggestions greatly appreciated![left]
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!   Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Shes a beaut! I just can't do those flat wheel wells.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!   Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:13 am

Nice car! Sort of reminiscent of the one I picked up recently, lady couldn't drive anymore, car had really low mileage and was dirt cheap.

I wasn't a fan of the skirted cars for a while but lately they've grown on me, they're cool in their own way, sort of look like a 69-73 full-size Chrysler product.
Back to top Go down
LiveFreeorDieTryin

PostSubject: Re: Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!   Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:39 pm

I had a great thing happen yesterday. I picked up my 15 year old daughter, Hannah from School in the Caprice (she had not seen it yet,) and she came outside and just stared at it. I got out of the car so she would know it was me. The following conversation ensued:

Hannah: (Looking amazed) "What is it??"
Me: "It's a car."
Hannah: "What kind of car?"
Me: "A Chevy Caprice Classic."
Hannah: "It's so beautiful!"
Me: "Thanks, are you coming or are you just going to stand there?"
Hannah: (Still Looking amazed) "Where did it come from? Why is it here?"
Me: "It came from Willow Run, Michigan, it is here because I bought it"
Hannah: "You bought it? This is our car? Can I drive it? Can I HAVE it?"

At first I thought she was messing with me, but apparently she loves that it's so big, the long flowing curves, and the that the back wheels are "half covered." She drove it home, and it was amazing, she struggles to drive our Trailblazer, but she got in and piloted the caprice like a pro, completely at ease and comfortable.

I must have done something right. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!   Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:59 pm

I like it. I suggest tint and steel wheels. Silver caprices are very good looking. Especially 91-92's. If it were mine I wouldn't paint it 2 tone.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!   Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Nice car, Dave. I have no doubt you will keep this one. (til you sell it) Razz

I like it. I really like the skirts. Especially with newer mirrors swapped in. Very sleek. It's got the nice lace wheels already, too.

Cool story about your daughter, too! Had she not seen your other ones?
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
LiveFreeorDieTryin

PostSubject: Re: Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!   Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 pm

She did, and she always liked the wagons, but I don't think she started paying much attention to cars until she got her permit this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!   Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game! Empty

Back to top Go down

Not new, but been gone for a while...Back in the Game!
Page 1 of 1