BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Aerosmith calling it quits?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

Aerosmith calling it quits? Empty
PostSubject: Aerosmith calling it quits?   Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 12:11 pm

I don't think it's happening, Tyler has always been saying he wants to do a solo album.

Quoted from Rolling Stone:
After a disastrous summer tour marred by long simmering internal tensions, injuries, and poor ticket sales, it appears that Aerosmith and frontman Steven Tyler may be parting ways. “Steven quit as far as I can tell,” guitarist Joe Perry told the Las Vegas Sun late last week. “I saw online that Steven said that he was going to leave the band. I don’t know for how long, indefinitely or whatever.” Perry said he and his fellow Aerosmith bandmates usually have “no contact” with Tyler.

Following a November 1st gig in front of 50,000 in Abu Dhabi, the band had become so frustrated Tyler — who recently hired his own manager and began working on his first solo album — that guitarist Brad Whitford spoke openly about touring with a new singer. “Nobody could replace Steven or imitate him — he’s one of a kind,” Whitford said to a British reporter. “But if somebody was willing to do it and the chemistry was right, why not?” Perry, meanwhile, wouldn’t confirm whether they’d proceed with a different singer. “I really don’t know what path it’s going to take at this point,” he told the Sun, “but we’ll probably find somebody else that will sing in those spots where we need a singer and then we’ll be able to move the Aerosmith up a notch, move the vibe up a notch.”

For years, Perry and Tyler — who co-wrote most of Aerosmith’s hits — have been unable to agree on a direction for the band’s music. As a result, it’s been nearly a decade since the group released an album of new material, despite repeated stints in the studio. “[We] haven’t written a song together alone in the same room in over ten years, so there’s been some changes in paradigm of what Aerosmith is,” Perry said to the AP in September. Tyler wants more slick, pop-rock hits like 2000’s “Jaded,” while Perry is still fighting for the harder, bluesy sound of their Seventies records. (Perry is currently on the road in support of a new solo album.) Of 2001’s Just Push Play, Perry told Rolling Stone recently, “Sometimes I listen to that record, and I’m not sure that it’s my band. All I want to do is make a record that sounds like Aerosmith.” In June, Perry told Rolling Stone that he was excited about his solo set. “I could play you three things right now and you’d go ‘dude, what was that?!’” he said.
Aerosmith Live: Check out photos of concerts from the past four decades

This summer’s injury-plagued amphitheater tour — three different band members were hospitalized during the trek — only seemed to make tensions worse. Tyler suffered two major injuries: After the first, an unspecified onstage leg injury in July, Tyler said the band’s management asked him to perform in a wheelchair. “I just wouldn’t do it,” Tyler told Rolling Stone. Then, Tyler fell off of the stage during a show in South Dakota on August 6th, breaking his shoulder and requiring twenty stitches to his head. The tour was cancelled, and ten days later, Tyler — who has struggled with addiction for decades and was in rehab as recently as last year — was photographed buying alcohol in Massachusetts. Tyler told Rolling Stone that the liquor was for a close friend’s funeral. “I did not buy any for myself,” Tyler said. “It was for the wake, I would do it over and over a million times.”

Neither Perry nor Tyler responded to requests for comment.
Back to top Go down
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith calling it quits?   Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:52 pm

sucks dood scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith calling it quits?   Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:08 am

All lies, and not true. Aerosmith is not breaking up. I called a friend of a friend of a room mate of a cousin of the guy who used to put air in the aerosmith bus tires. He denies all aligations.

But really, Tyler and Perry both have come out to say it is false. Tyhey are not breaking up.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith calling it quits?   Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:11 am

Am I the only person who thinks they should have hung it up about 10 years ago? They have not put anything new and exciting out since then, nothing but Perry and Steven fighting with each other, then a tour, then more tumoil, tour, etc., etc.

Whatever happened to quieting while your ahead? Why not stop the BS and start producing GOOD young talent, it's out there, but "big radio" won't let it get out, I imagine a good young talent with Steven Tyler as a producer could break the Clear Channel stranglehold...

Doug
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith calling it quits?   Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 am

I like Aerosmith, but really..they're getting stale. "Honkin' on Bobo" WTF?

They should just play concerts once in a while of their old original stuff, they've had a good run and should have quit while they were ahead before they make all their good stuff look like crap. Not to say that any new music you hear on the radio is any good either, but still...
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith calling it quits?   Aerosmith calling it quits? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:41 am

So Joe Perry has the "PROJECT" Rockin and rollin. I read (can't remember the date) a few weeks back that the Project was playing in Boston and Steven comes out and does several songs including "Walk this way". So their still together but I'm going to Joe's site to look at his schedule. I hope Steven hasn't fallen off the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith calling it quits?   Aerosmith calling it quits? Empty

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith calling it quits?
Page 1 of 1