BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Need to open a trunk without key or popper

Go down 
+5
sdstick
toomanytoyz
bammax
boojum
Pooge
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pooge

Pooge

Need to open a trunk without key or popper Empty
PostSubject: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 8:51 am

The parts car is without key or a working popper, How the hell do I get this thing open? I did it on my car a while back, but I believe mine was just the popper plug being loose.

Thanks,

Doug
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:46 am

You could try all your other keys. I seem to remember reading there are only 24 different 9C1 keys. My 9C1 key opens my Blazer door.

Does the popper not work at all? I used to apply 12v to one of the SEO fuses to open the trunk on 9C1s. I also did this to light up the instrument panel to get the mileage at auctions.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:44 pm

I like the key idea. Try them all and see if one works for you. Otherwise you could remove the rear seat and then try to pop the lock open by twisting the lock rod that pokes through.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Can you get in through the rear seat? There might be a way to manually pop the latch from the backside?
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Doesnt the factory manual tell you how to retrain a remote keyless?
I've seen it SOMEWHERE. I'll tery to look it up
Does it have power & just doesnt work?
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:38 pm

boojum wrote:
You could try all your other keys. I seem to remember reading there are only 24 different 9C1 keys. My 9C1 key opens my Blazer door.

Does the popper not work at all? I used to apply 12v to one of the SEO fuses to open the trunk on 9C1s. I also did this to light up the instrument panel to get the mileage at auctions.

I tried all the other keys, that was my first thought.
More info on which fuses to light up to open...

bammax wrote:
I like the key idea. Try them all and see if one works for you. Otherwise you could remove the rear seat and then try to pop the lock open by twisting the lock rod that pokes through.

I forgot about the dink popping out the back...would that turn without the key in?

sdstick wrote:
Doesnt the factory manual tell you how to retrain a remote keyless?
I've seen it SOMEWHERE. I'll tery to look it up
Does it have power & just doesnt work?

There was a majorly F-ed up alarm system that the previous owner disabled along with the key fob. I'm hoping not to tangle with that...

Doug
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:28 pm

It's one of the SEO fuses. IIRC there are only two. Should be marked on the fuse panel cover.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Right on, I will give it a try

Doug

boojum wrote:
It's one of the SEO fuses. IIRC there are only two. Should be marked on the fuse panel cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 5:43 am

If the car was equipped with remote locks, and you can reach the keyless entery box, you can put in the jumper wire like you would if you were programming a remote. Now get a good remote with new battery, and program tothat car. Now pull the jumper wire and BINGO! Instant trunk popper.
Back to top Go down
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:39 pm

you might be able to get at the rod if you take out the plate light
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:45 pm

mean ss wrote:
you might be able to get at the rod if you take out the plate light

Tried it today without any luck, just F-ed up the rod. I'm getting pretty frustrated, I have guys waiting on the tails and spoiler.

I think I am going to bring the Sawzall over and just cut the supports out behind the seat and crawl in there. Once in there what can I do at that point?

Doug
Back to top Go down
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:50 pm

my rod sticks out past the lock a 1/4 inch, just take some pliers and turn the rod.
you could drill out the lock too
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Try removing the emblem and the plate light, then drilling out the rivets and pulling the lock clip out. Basically just remove the trunk lock as if you were going to replace it. Once you get it unclipped you should be able to wiggle it out a bit and turn the entire lock as if it's a key.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 pm

I'm in! A Sawzall and 10mm socket is all I needed. Obviously I would not do this to a driver, but since this is for parts...

It was still tight with sharp edges, I'm a fairly big guy...
Need to open a trunk without key or popper 94impala3013
Need to open a trunk without key or popper 94impala3014

I found every Dr. Dre CD case ever with no CDs in them, and 3 hoodies.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I just got tired of screwing around with other stuff, this was easier since it is for parts only.

Thanks,

Doug
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:14 am

Pooge wrote:
I found every Dr. Dre CD case ever with no CDs in them, and 3 hoodies.

Razz
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 am

So it was a white guy's car then, eh? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:31 pm

That would be racist if we didn't know that your from New Hampshire. You see in the rest of the country there's a race of people who are not country bumpkins with personalized plates (ahem) who are in fact the descendents of a long line of proud people, and they're know in our politically correct world as "white guys who think that they're DMX" Laughing

You can tell if someone is of this race by their oversized shorts, unlaced work boots, misaligned baseball cap, and the fact that they're white enough to be guests on Bill O'Rielly Laughing
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 9:01 am

afro lol!
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 12:44 pm

If you ever need to get that aftermarket alarm system out, I have uninstalled a few of them in my day. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to open a trunk without key or popper   Need to open a trunk without key or popper Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to open a trunk without key or popper
Page 1 of 1