BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Well I guess this goes here. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Well I guess this goes here. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Well I guess this goes here. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Well I guess this goes here. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Well I guess this goes here. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Well I guess this goes here. EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Well I guess this goes here. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Well I guess this goes here. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Well I guess this goes here. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Well I guess this goes here.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UberWagon

Well I guess this goes here. Empty
PostSubject: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:56 pm

My name is Ray for those of you who don't know me.
I live nowhere near New England but I am an avid B-body lover and I was invited by one of the Bill's.
I am in the U.S. Army and I have been for the last 7 years and I plan on doing it as long as our good old Uncle Sam will let me.
Yes my location is right, I am in Iraq and have been for the last 11 months. The good part in that is we only have 3 months or so left until we go back to Germany.
If the license plates on my car in all of my pics looks a little strange that is because it is a U.S. forces Germany plate. Yes I was crazy enough to bring my wagon to Germany for 3 years, it was a blast to be in the land of the station wagon with the biggest one of all. It was even more fun to drive my wagon all over southern German, Luxembourg, and parts of France, how many guys can say they have done that in a B-body.
The car is once again in the states and waiting for me. It seems to act up every time I deploy, last deployment shortly after I left my brand new GM oil cooler line decided to start leaking. The wife is ever vigilant when it comes to cars and noticed right away thankfully. This deployment the car decided to spin a bearing while I was visiting on mid tour leave, what a way to say I missed you. Oh well at least the engine died in America where it is cheap to fix a small block chevy.

Well I hope to have some fun here and add to the wealth of knowledge that is already here.
Ray.

Did I mention I make signatures?
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: hello   Well I guess this goes here. EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:36 pm

hello ray. im also a new member. ive never been to iraq. cant say as i want to.myself and some of other members have served good ole unclce sam. i would think.im not going to talk about it. i forgot a long time ago.good news youll be back in germany.where do you live in the states.if you dont mind me asking. im not feeling that good today so ill close now.be careful. ron. ps.what do you have for a ride? any pics.ive got plenty of pics cant fiqure out how to post.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Welcome aboard Ray cheers
You will have to excuse us here in New England. We talk about rust. Mad

And since you brought up your current career, My hat goes off to you sir. You are a true American hero. I wish you a safe journey home.
Ray, your signatures rock. cheers afro You have done two for me, and I love them. Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:45 pm

helloo Uber.

lol.... rust...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 7:55 pm

GasTT wrote:
helloo Uber.

lol.... rust...
He said rust!............... Thats cool!......... he he he
Back to top Go down
UberWagon

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 5:38 am

I will be going back to Florida for a little while after Germany and then back to North Carolina.
Well I have a couple of pics of my ride.
Well I guess this goes here. POT-Copy

Well I guess this goes here. 008320

Well I guess this goes here. 001762

Well I guess this goes here. 008322

Well I guess this goes here. _00_3238

This is what the car looks like now. Believe it or not the car is sitting on H&R springs that I hope will drop the car about 3" all the way around. Pay no mind to the big blue ball of rope, I had to tow it to where it is after the engine seized up.
Well I guess this goes here. DSC00410

As far as rust goes this is as bad as it gets on my car. It was an original Florida car that I bought in North Carolina and for all intents and purposes is rust free. Judging by New England standards this car is mint. I did grow up in a state that is more northern, eastern, and western, then any state in New England, I'll let you guys figure that one out.
Well I guess this goes here. _00_0552

Well I guess this goes here. _00_0553

Here is some rust for you guys, Florida style. The floor and rockers are clean for the most part. This is my brothers B-body that he has given up on, he is the second owner so I think the car has been in Florida it's whole life as it has low mileage too.
Well I guess this goes here. DSC00440

Well I guess this goes here. DSC00433

Well I guess this goes here. DSC00431

Well I guess this goes here. DSC00438
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:22 am

welcome ray
nice job on the club crest and the signatures.
your wagon looks good with the truck rallyes.
stay safe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 8:06 am

Hey Ray! I heard of you somewhere.... Wink

And man, your car ain't rusty! There's still paint on the trunkwell!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:49 am

You need a brand new Goodwrench truck 350. Use your manifold, get a tbi and chip from a lo5 car and rock the house. The truck 350 has four bolt mains. cheers
Back to top Go down
UberWagon

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:36 am

I got another 305 lined up with 92k miles on it after I freshen it up a little I will drop that in for now. Once I get to North Carolina I will start saving for a CPT transmission and look into one of these:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MLL-BP3550CT1&autoview=sku
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MLL-BP38301CT&autoview=sku
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MLL-BP38302CT&autoview=sku
or I will look into building a 350 or 327 when the time comes.
I am also looking into getting set up to tune my own chips so I can maximize whatever setup I go with.
Of course I might just dump the stock TBI setup and go with one from accel, their system is more like the LT-1 system as it doesn't use chips and can be modified on the fly and data log a lot easier.
Your going to need a police lap top holder. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this goes here.   Well I guess this goes here. Empty

Back to top Go down

Well I guess this goes here.
Page 1 of 1