BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Everyone has been reading about the bears.........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
silverfox103

silverfox103

Everyone has been reading about the bears......... Empty
PostSubject: Everyone has been reading about the bears.........   Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:22 am

The bear problem in NH has been on the news quite a bit.  Here's a little story.  We live one block from Main Street, which is decent size for a small town. On the other side of us, we're near a mountain. Well, out West it would be a hill, but anyways. We live in a wooded area, but not out in the sticks. We have all types of wildlife come through.  This year we have had quite a few bears.

Jake, who is part Boxer and English Mastiff, goes crazy when he knows there is a bear around. He is fearless around them. Well, last Sunday, Diane was in our front room. Jake was laying down. All of a sudden, he gets up and is racing through the house, hair standing up. The next next thing he bolts through the glass storm door. He ran right through it, I don't know how he didn't break the glass.

He caught up to the bear the back side of our house. The bear took off, and up the first tree he could climb. Jake wouldn't let him down. He was barking up a storm and the bear hissing at him. After I let him have his fun for a while, I drug Jake in and the bear cautiously took off. This week he has treed three bears, two bears in one day, he slept good that night.

Here's Jake:

Everyone has been reading about the bears......... DSC_0030

And the bear he treed:

Everyone has been reading about the bears......... Bear2_zpscd82dffe

Everyone has been reading about the bears......... Bear1_zpsad490041

Everyone has been reading about the bears......... Bear3_zpse73c0c35

That's todays story

Tom
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has been reading about the bears.........   Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:50 am

Hope Jake doesnt find a mom with cubs.....

This thread has pics...well done
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has been reading about the bears.........   Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:10 am

sdstick wrote:
Hope Jake doesnt find a mom with cubs.....

This thread has pics...well done

I said the same thing, he's been doing this for 5 or 6 years. Jake will be the one who is treed!
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has been reading about the bears.........   Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:20 am

<--------------I thought Oscar was big at 80 lbs. How much does Jake weigh in at?????
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has been reading about the bears.........   Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:23 am

He might have been around 80, at the time of the picture. I think he is around 75 now; he keeps in shape for chasing bears.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has been reading about the bears.........   Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Hahaha! That is awesome, I lol'd at the bear's expression.

When I was little my dad took us to a "bear dump" in Errol NH I think? I'm not positive. Anyway, everyone got kicked out because some clown from NYC (I assumed, he was def. a yuppie and had NY plates) took out a big camera and went right up to an adult bear taking pics...it stood up on its hind legs and roared, he just stood there continuing to take pictures...rangers closed the place and kicked everyone out.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has been reading about the bears.........   Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Go Jake!

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has been reading about the bears.........   Everyone has been reading about the bears......... EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 6:37 pm

"Treed" bears...hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has been reading about the bears.........   Everyone has been reading about the bears......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Everyone has been reading about the bears.........
Page 1 of 1