BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 132 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pm
Latest topics
» Looking for a bench seat/frame for an ‘84 C10
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:18 pm by Ironfistdog

» 95 Impala SS Parts car - Last call for Parts - FREE DCM DOORS!!!
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 pm by Big Wagon Guy

» WTB 9C1 rubber floor
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:17 pm by MASShole9C1

» 1984 Impala
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:13 am by Big Wagon Guy

» 1994 LT1 caprice parts for sale or trade...
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:06 pm by ROCK SOLID LT1

» HEY HOW AH YAH?
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:22 am by Tomz9C1

» Refinishing SS wheels
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:44 pm by KingpinSS

» Like the mob, the B-bodies have pulled me back in.
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:43 pm by KingpinSS

» In search of a 1996 knock module URGENT
Fri May 11, 2018 3:31 pm by fatvet

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Family friend has a very good running 4.8 V8 and trans combo from an '02 Silverado. Truck yard drives and runs great, just drove it. All highway miles from his company's warehouse in NY. He's asking $600 for the engine and trans.
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

avatar

Posts : 1691
Join date : 2009-03-12
Age : 47
Location : Southern, NH

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Family friend has a very good running 4.8 V8 and trans combo from an '02 Silverado. Truck yard drives and runs great, just drove it. All highway miles from his company's warehouse in NY. He's asking $600 for the engine and trans.

2wd or 4wd?

How complete? (i.e. harness, ecm, accesories)

Actual mileage?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:04 pm

V8Killer wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Family friend has a very good running 4.8 V8 and trans combo from an '02 Silverado. Truck yard drives and runs great, just drove it. All highway miles from his company's warehouse in NY. He's asking $600 for the engine and trans.

2wd or 4wd?

How complete? (i.e. harness, ecm, accesories)

Actual mileage?

2WD I believe- 6 lug wheels if that helps. Complete. Engine, trans, harness, serp drive. 150k I think? I'll give him a call tonight.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

avatar

Posts : 3891
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 45
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:43 pm

After seeing the HP those Horsepower guys did with that 4.8 a couple weeks ago, fak i'd buy a 4.8 in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
V8Killer

avatar

Posts : 1691
Join date : 2009-03-12
Age : 47
Location : Southern, NH

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
V8Killer wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Family friend has a very good running 4.8 V8 and trans combo from an '02 Silverado. Truck yard drives and runs great, just drove it. All highway miles from his company's warehouse in NY. He's asking $600 for the engine and trans.

2wd or 4wd?

How complete? (i.e. harness, ecm, accesories)

Actual mileage?

2WD I believe- 6 lug wheels if that helps. Complete. Engine, trans, harness, serp drive. 150k I think? I'll give him a call tonight.

Nah, they both have 6 lugs.

If ya get me the VIN I can find out all the options & post em  study 
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1525
Join date : 2009-01-17
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Damn you empty pockets!

_________________
1980 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. 6.0 87k
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4.3 Aluminum V6 (My daily)
2008 Saab 9.3 convertible (Wife's Daily)
Back to top Go down
95brmw

avatar

Posts : 1433
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 34
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Sounds like a good donor for your whale Justin  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
No Moa

avatar

Posts : 3891
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 45
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Sounds like a good motor for Billy's 96
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
boojum



Posts : 2168
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 31
Location : NH

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:40 pm

V8Killer wrote:

2wd or 4wd?

How complete? (i.e. harness, ecm, accesories)

Actual mileage?

I know what you're thinking. Don't forget that I have dibs on those two turbos. Smile
Back to top Go down
No Moa

avatar

Posts : 3891
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 45
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:27 am

boojum wrote:
V8Killer wrote:

2wd or 4wd?

How complete? (i.e. harness, ecm, accesories)

Actual mileage?

I know what you're thinking. Don't forget that I have dibs on those two turbos. Smile

What you guys need to do is stop hinting about this project and get the fak on it, we are waiting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
V8Killer

avatar

Posts : 1691
Join date : 2009-03-12
Age : 47
Location : Southern, NH

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:52 am

Cadet57 wrote:

2WD I believe- 6 lug wheels if that helps. Complete. Engine, trans, harness, serp drive. 150k I think? I'll give him a call tonight.

So what's the scoop Justin?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:04 am

V8Killer wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

2WD I believe- 6 lug wheels if that helps. Complete. Engine, trans, harness, serp drive. 150k I think? I'll give him a call tonight.

So what's the scoop Justin?   scratch 

2WD. Motor was a goodwrench replacement so it's lower miles than the truck. I forgot to ask him the vin.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

avatar

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:35 am

No Moa wrote:
boojum wrote:
V8Killer wrote:

2wd or 4wd?

How complete? (i.e. harness, ecm, accesories)

Actual mileage?

I know what you're thinking. Don't forget that I have dibs on those two turbos. Smile

What you guys need to do is stop hinting about this project and get the fak on it, we are waiting!

So.......you guys didnt tell him?..bounce 

Thats just rotten....it's so.....awesome....opps. Shocked ....nvm. Suspect 

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
No Moa

avatar

Posts : 3891
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 45
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:10 pm

sdstick wrote:
No Moa wrote:
boojum wrote:
V8Killer wrote:

2wd or 4wd?

How complete? (i.e. harness, ecm, accesories)

Actual mileage?

I know what you're thinking. Don't forget that I have dibs on those two turbos. Smile

What you guys need to do is stop hinting about this project and get the fak on it, we are waiting!

So.......you guys didnt tell him?..bounce 

Thats just rotten....it's so.....awesome....opps. Shocked ....nvm. Suspect 

I'm thinking that its..... Wait what?  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:16 am

Truck is getting scrapped next week. Last call.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

avatar

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:56 am

Is he interested in selling the whole truck?

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 am

Pooge wrote:
Is he interested in selling the whole truck?

Yup.  Arrow Bed is toast, rest of the sheet metal is pretty good. It'll have to be trailered home though
Back to top Go down
95brmw

avatar

Posts : 1433
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 34
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Someone grab it and build the crap out of it!
Back to top Go down
Pooge

avatar

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Hmm, I need a tranny to build *Cough-Al-Cough* while I drive mine...

Justin, Where is this located? I am not wild about spending a day and hundreds in gas to get it, but I'm tempted if it's close enough

Doug

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
sdstick

avatar

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Pooge wrote:
Hmm, I need a tranny to build *Cough-Al-Cough* .....

 Razz ...Good luck with that....

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

avatar

Posts : 1691
Join date : 2009-03-12
Age : 47
Location : Southern, NH

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Pooge wrote:
Hmm, I need a tranny to build *Cough-Al-Cough* while I drive mine...

Justin, Where is this located? I am not wild about spending a day and hundreds in gas to get it, but I'm tempted if it's close enough

Doug
 
If I had your money I would just get a 6.0 liter  Twisted Evil 
 
sdstick wrote:
Pooge wrote:
Hmm, I need a tranny to build *Cough-Al-Cough* .....

 Razz ...Good luck with that....
 
.......and yeah good luck with that  Razz
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Pooge wrote:
Hmm, I need a tranny to build *Cough-Al-Cough* while I drive mine...

Justin, Where is this located? I am not wild about spending a day and hundreds in gas to get it, but I'm tempted if it's close enough

Doug

Chicopee Ma, about an hour and a half from you.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

avatar

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:35 am

Cadet57 wrote:
Pooge wrote:
Hmm, I need a tranny to build *Cough-Al-Cough* while I drive mine...

Justin, Where is this located? I am not wild about spending a day and hundreds in gas to get it, but I'm tempted if it's close enough

Doug

Chicopee Ma, about an hour and a half from you.

Sorry bud, can't do it. That is a long ass way to go pick up a truck that I really only want the tranny from... Sorry

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600   

Back to top Go down
 
F/S 4.8 Vortec LS and Trans Combo $600
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 5.3 LS Vortec Engine and 4L60E Transmission
» 2004 GTO - $5900 needs trans
» Trans diptstick leak
» 94 Trans am rims fit 94 caprice classic ls??
» Trans cooler line replacement???

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: NE marketplace :: Parts for sale or wanted-
Jump to: