BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Where do you shop online? And why? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Where do you shop online? And why? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Where do you shop online? And why?

Go down 
+4
sdstick
bfurches
No Moa
Pooge
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pooge

Pooge

Where do you shop online? And why? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:16 pm

I am in the process of launching a new website devoted to selling clearance Fox Racing T-shirts and hats. Assuming you guys have a few minutes to answer a few short questions, I'd love to get some feedback on where you guys purchase online, and why. I'd like to make sure I have this site tailored properly to the masses. I understand you guys are not likely my customers for these products, (The product it's self is not really important here) but I am really trying to get honest customer feedback on mostly service/price related aspects of online shopping.

-What sites do you shop?

-Why do you shop there? (Best shipping rates, best prices, fastest turn-around, etc)

-How important are shipping rates to you, assuming they are in-line with normal cost (We will likely be shipping for Flat-Rate-Box amounts exactly, not making money on shipping)?

-If we have a Free Shipping tier, at say $100, how likely are you to add items to your order to meet the free shipping if you are only $15-$20 off? (Items will likely cost around $15-$25 each)

-How important is the return policy? (I Personally never return things online, I make sure I get what I need and if there is any question before I purchase i buy brick-mortar)

-If a return policy is important, what do you consider a reasonable time-frame? (At the moment I am considering 90 days with no re-stock fee, and no returns after 90 days)

-What do you dislike about online ordering? Or what have sites you have purchased from done that you did not care for?

-What types of advertising work on you to bring you to a site? (We are currently consider sponsoring forums and weekly give-aways on Facebook)

-Anything else?

If you have a moment to answer any, or all of these question I would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys,

Doug

Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 pm

I do alot of online shopping, mostly for the convience of getting what i need, and not dealing with meatheads at the stores.

Also, i don't usually get out intime to shop at 9-5 places.

Free shipping is not something i care about, UPS and fedex need to make a living also! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:49 pm

I am a big fan of Amazon because of the one-stop-shop sorta deal (i know that doesn't really apply here).

Honestly...shipping is a huge factor to me....I don't want to buy a 20.00 shirt to have to pay 10.00 shipping....just saying.

Fox huh? I will probably end up your number one customer lol
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 am

-What sites do you shop?
I usually search for what I want & that determines the site, I end up at Amazon when price is the only requirement

-Why do you shop there?
It's all about presenting PROPER info / description of the product I want. Mess up that & you lost me

-How important are shipping rates to you, assuming they are in-line with normal cost ?
It certainly matters, seems that when they try to make $ on shipping, they lose me. If ships at cost thats no problem.

-If we have a Free Shipping tier, at say $100, how likely are you to add items to your order to meet the free shipping if you are only $15-$20 off?
If I had to buy 1 more of what I wanted or needed to save shipping, I would. Usually its just a common sense approach.

-How important is the return policy?
Not very to me (see PROPER info above). I do notice alot of return packages at work by women. I always assumed it was a clothing / shoe fit thing.

-If a return policy is important, what do you consider a reasonable time-frame?
90days seems more then adequate. Maybe word your return policy intelligently..."if your a total dumbass & ordered something that in no way could be what you want, you eat it. If your a reasonable buyer, we'll work with you"" As you can see...I'm not in customer relations.

-What do you dislike about online ordering? Or what have sites you have purchased from done that you did not care for?
Improper functioning order entry screens (add 1 to cart, cart shows 2...etc). Link to pay with PAYPAL that screws up, Site says stock & it isnt etc.

-What types of advertising work on you to bring you to a site?
I usually dont get drawn in unless I'm searching for THAT product. I dont like to give info that creates spam.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 am

My online shopping? Ebay, Amazon, Summit, craigslist...

Have free shipping, because paying for shipping pisses me off if it's as much as the item I'm buying!

As long as I can get it for the same money or less, I'll buy online to avoid the hassle of fighting the crowds.

Be able to accept Paypal. I hate vendors that don't. I'd rather not have to type in all my ifo everywhere i shop. I'll usually go find whatever I was gonna buy somewhere else if they don't.

Returns? 90 days is outrageously awesome. Give em 30 days.

Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:17 pm

When I shop, I almost always go on "Google Shopping", and find the cheapest price for an item taking shipping into account. Usually the cheapest item has free shipping applied. However, if that deal seems sketchy for whatever reason (site doesn't look trustworthy, or whatever), I'll go to the next cheapest.

I'd offer free shipping over a certain amount, I've almost always ordered one more item if it wound up pushing me over the threshold. That's why I wound up with a bunch of these things:

Where do you shop online? And why? 00375104-960738_catl_600

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks guys, great feedback. You guys are pretty much telling me what I already think myself, but sometimes being on the "inside" makes it hard to really understand what the customer thinks.

Our site will process shipments through Paypal ON-SITE, so there will be no transfer, they will pay on our site (That was a concern of mine too Steve). This allows the use of regular Paypal funds (Big thing for me too), which a LOT of people ask for, as well as us having NO ACCESS to credit card numbers on my side, which limits my liability greatly.

Thanks again guys, everything is being entered into the upstairs file-box and will be taken into account while setting up. Hoping to open shop in the next couple weeks. Just got in a HUGE order, my office is totally packed with T-shirts and hats right now...

Thanks!

Doug
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Just an update...

I really appreciate the feedback you guys gave me. I used it to help me mold things the way I liked, but also to a way that the consumer should enjoy. I went for a really basic layout that is easy to use.

I am up and running, at this moment we are running Paypal payments off-site, but will be running them on-site within the next couple days, just waiting to bank account authorization so we can make payments on-site.

I'd love any feedback you guys have, it's greatly appreciated.

www.bigbrandtees.com

Thanks again guys. I know how much most of us shop online, so I really listen to the feedback.

Also, like the page on Facebook if you want to be entered to win free shirts! www.facebook.com/bigbrandtees
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:44 pm

I don't ride or own a dirtbike....yet Wink Finishing the car first.

That site is perfect if you ask me. K.I.S.S. is the way to go, that site is simple and it still looks like you put time into. I'd say it is up to par with other smaller online sites I've seen.

Good luck with this venture Doug, I think you'll do great with that clean looking homepage, easy navigation, and paypal for payment.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Nice work, dude! I diggit! And "liked" it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Sweet, the site looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you shop online? And why?   Where do you shop online? And why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do you shop online? And why?
Page 1 of 1