BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
RISP Caprices debut EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
RISP Caprices debut EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
RISP Caprices debut EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
RISP Caprices debut EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
RISP Caprices debut EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
RISP Caprices debut EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
RISP Caprices debut EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
RISP Caprices debut EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
RISP Caprices debut EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

RISP Caprices debut

Go down 
+3
GasTT
Tomz9C1
mp775
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mp775

mp775

RISP Caprices debut Empty
PostSubject: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:14 pm

RISP adds new cruisers to fleet
Phasing out Ford Crown Victoria

http://www.foxprovidence.com/dpps/news/local_news/region_6/risp-add-new-cruisers-to-fleet_4766657

Updated: Friday, 12 Oct 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 12 Oct 2012, 1:16 PM EDT

By Matt Smith
NORTH SCITUATE, R.I. (WPRI) – It’s out with the old and in with the new for the Rhode Island State Police.

The state police have begun to upgrade their fleet of aging Ford crown victoria models with new Chevy caprice models.

“The early reviews from the road are the performance is unparalleled to what they were driving before,” said Lt. Michael Gill, RISP Fleet Administrator.

In 2011, Ford Motor Co. stopped making “crown vics”, as they’re often referred to as.

“It’s been our workhorse for about 20 years now, so we were forced to come up with a new vehicle,” Lt. Gill said.

After six months of research and testing, state police chose the 2012 Chevy caprice over the Dodge charger and Ford’s replacement for the crown vic, the Ford interceptor.

“Instructors were highly impressed with this vehicle; this is what we decided to go with based on a number of factors, safety, comfort and performance.”

Of the vehicles they tested, the caprice scored first for size and braking.

When it comes to acceleration, it leaves the old cars in the dust.

“If the trooper is at a standstill and somebody goes by them at 95 miles per hour, to accelerate and catch up quickly will generally diffuse things very quickly.”

Another added bonus? The caprice has 10 airbags instead of 2 in the old cruisers.

“Many things to keep the troopers safe which in the end is the most important thing to us.”

The old crown victorias are expected to be phased out over the next few years.

Rhode Island State Police will fully implement their new line of 20 cruisers over the course of the next month.

Some are already on the roads.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:41 am

I've seen a few Maine State Police Ford Taurus's on my trip down to Maryland, really stupid looking! Go RI!
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:39 am

NICE!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Hey, I didn't write that article! What gives! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wraith'SS

Wraith'SS

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Been seeing Ford Explorer's in MA SP livery all over. Then almost puked up my coffee.. saw a 2012 Taurus Ma SP cruiser go by my work today!!! Surprised
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:52 pm

I asked the top dog of the local PD what cars they are going to use next. (Tire customer) He said whatever the guys want. I suggested he use the Caprice. They still have some new vics parked at the station waiting for service. He was driving a new unmarked Taurus civilian model. gay
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Wraith'SS wrote:
Been seeing Ford Explorer's in MA SP livery all over. Then almost puked up my coffee.. saw a 2012 Taurus Ma SP cruiser go by my work today!!! Surprised

The Taurus is stealthy as an undercover, but man it BLOWS as a service vehicle. Same as the Exploder part two. They look absolutely ridiculous with a push bar and my personal belief is that AWD twin turbo cars are NOT a sustainable fleet severe duty car. Crown Vics can take a beating, I know that for a fact. The caprice's and chargers can probably jump a few rail road tracks and run a few things over and drive away fine, but the Taurus will have to prove itself. I'm not a fan of it, I'm sure if I drove one I'd love it! But if I was paying to fix a town wide/State wide fleet of them...No thanks!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:

I'm starting to think people actually think my name IS Matt Trakker scratch LOL
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

I'm starting to think people actually think my name IS Matt Trakker scratch LOL

Wait....it...it's not? Question Question Suspect
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 pm

LOL if it were I would have to drive this...

RISP Caprices debut Thunderhawkref

The night of the epic earthquake I was driving to Billy's to grab a few parts and when I was on 95, I saw blue lights a few cars behind me. A trooper in one of those new "Explorers" was pulling up behind people in the passing lane and flashing them to move over. I had been going 85 MPH in the Tahoe right before that trying to get past some people and change lanes to a "comfortable spot" and had no clue the damn thing was in back of me because of the effeminate non-authoritative headlight design/pattern. I'm not a fan of them, but I will say it lets them sneak up on people.

When I was in NYC a couple years ago, I saw NISSAN ALTIMA police cruisers. I'd assume they do not make an actual police service grade special Altima for this. Unless I'm grossly mistaken....
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Love that new caprice, but its didn't test for shit. The Taurus smoked that an the dodge. Local pd bought a Taurus and they love it. So much they bought 2 more.
Small nimble and AWD great for a New England winter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 pm

I drove by some chevy dealership in the middle of mass somewhere. Out on their front line, right on the street edge, they had a whole line of new 9c1 and tahoe police package cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RISP Caprices debut   RISP Caprices debut Empty

Back to top Go down

RISP Caprices debut
Page 1 of 1