BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

nice ebay "caprice ss"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

nice ebay "caprice ss" Empty
PostSubject: nice ebay "caprice ss"   nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:10 pm

I think this was well done. It has what sounds like alot of time and a good amount of money into it. Even has the export headlights.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clean-Interior-383-Stroker-Very-fast-Blow-doors-off-your-friends-/120893099906?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c25ca4f82
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: nice ebay "caprice ss"   nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Pretty sweet looking, I like how she sounds! But the headers need some ceramic coating pronto!
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: nice ebay "caprice ss"   nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Theres also a nice fire dept 96 9C1 with 126k in NJ. Still has stripes, light bar, etc.
Back to top Go down
SPCS

SPCS

PostSubject: Re: nice ebay "caprice ss"   nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:43 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
I think this was well done. It has what sounds like alot of time and a good amount of money into it. Even has the export headlights.

That's two different export markets being mixed up there. Not all Export cars had all Export parts - Caprice SS weren't sold in Europe, while the "Export" Headlamps were not put on Mid-East Export cars. Much like Mid-East cars had the "Export" pipes, while Euro cars got the full cats. No Amber "Export" rear turn signals on the mid-eastern cars either.

So that's Euro Lamps on what is supposed to resemble a Mid-East Caprice SS. Very wrong, at least from the viewpoint of someone actually living in an export market.

Back to top Go down
http://www.oldschoolcustoms.de

PostSubject: Re: nice ebay "caprice ss"   nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm

SPCS wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:

That's two different export markets being mixed up there. Not all Export cars had all Export parts - Caprice SS weren't sold in Europe, while the "Export" Headlamps were not put on Mid-East Export cars. Much like Mid-East cars had the "Export" pipes, while Euro cars got the full cats. No Amber "Export" rear turn signals on the mid-eastern cars either.

So that's Euro Lamps on what is supposed to resemble a Mid-East Caprice SS. Very wrong, at least from the viewpoint of someone actually living in an export market.

Good points. I always wondered what regions got what parts. That makes sense. While in Germany I always noticed all cars had (as I called them) "Euro lights". But back then, the first American car with that style headlamp had not come out yet,(84 Lincon Mark 7) so here, every car had sealed beam. Euro cars with cats amber rear turn signal and T84s. Caprice SS with export pipes. I guess the average American just assumes export means any car sold outside of North America gets all of the export parts. But really it depends on where it is being exported, and what laws apply.
Back to top Go down
SPCS

SPCS

PostSubject: Re: nice ebay "caprice ss"   nice ebay "caprice ss" EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:33 am

Yeah, there even were differences between neighboring countries... Not even all MRE (Marketing Region Europe) cars were the same. There were different Export versions for Germany, for the Benelux countries and for Sweden, as far as I know.

I don't even know where to start with the Mid-Eastern cars. I'm not even sure how many different countries they have down there. I know there was a designated Kuwaiti Version of the Caprice, plus the now-famous Caprice SS. It seems like there was also a 1991-1993 Caprice SS. Probably a rebadged LTZ, but I've yet to find a picture. They had them in Saudi-Arabia, too, and I'm told they're quite common in Quatar. Seems like the cars in Iraq were not country-specific from the factory but rather individually imported. Turkey stopped short of the 1991-1996, but Boxies are common.

Speaking of Export cars, anybody seen this before?

nice ebay "caprice ss" Wx8007a

I don't know if that's an Export thing or not, but I have never seen it on any Impala SS in the US.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldschoolcustoms.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nice ebay "caprice ss"   nice ebay "caprice ss" Empty

Back to top Go down

nice ebay "caprice ss"
Page 1 of 1