BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 front end alignment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
94classicss



Posts : 121
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 30
Location : foxboro,ma

PostSubject: front end alignment    Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:44 am

any one know of a decent place to get an alignment? im doing inner and outter tie rods and new tires this weekend and dont feel like eattin up my tires. once this is back on the road im puttin some miles on it. ill finally have new suspension and a legit inspection sticker Shocked
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: front end alignment    Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:26 am

94classicss wrote:
any one know of a decent place to get an alignment? im doing inner and outter tie rods and new tires this weekend and dont feel like eattin up my tires. once this is back on the road im puttin some miles on it. ill finally have new suspension and a legit inspection sticker Shocked
From one Foxborough guy to another. I used to use the place on Central st just south of Friendly's. It is across from Basset st. I can't remember their name. I remember the Guy Pete was a nice Honest guy. I had been bringing my cars to them since I started driving.
Back to top Go down
95brmw



Posts : 1431
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 32
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: front end alignment    Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:38 am

All I can say is don't go to town fair tire! I have gone to most of the ones around here and never had them align any B-body correctly.
Back to top Go down
mega



Posts : 907
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Hyannis, ma

PostSubject: Re: front end alignment    Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
94classicss wrote:
any one know of a decent place to get an alignment? im doing inner and outter tie rods and new tires this weekend and dont feel like eattin up my tires. once this is back on the road im puttin some miles on it. ill finally have new suspension and a legit inspection sticker Shocked
From one Foxborough guy to another. I used to use the place on Central st just south of Friendly's. It is across from Basset st. I can't remember their name. I remember the Guy Pete was a nice Honest guy. I had been bringing my cars to them since I started driving.

used to live by them and deliverd parts to him, great guy. very fair and wont bs you.But cant remember the name either. theres a couple in that area congdon auto, right on the rotary, foxfield tire, and winslows auto clinic. Mansfield Auto Care is on angel st i never used em but heard good things about em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: front end alignment    Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:40 pm

mega wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
94classicss wrote:
any one know of a decent place to get an alignment? im doing inner and outter tie rods and new tires this weekend and dont feel like eattin up my tires. once this is back on the road im puttin some miles on it. ill finally have new suspension and a legit inspection sticker Shocked
From one Foxborough guy to another. I used to use the place on Central st just south of Friendly's. It is across from Basset st. I can't remember their name. I remember the Guy Pete was a nice Honest guy. I had been bringing my cars to them since I started driving.

used to live by them and deliverd parts to him, great guy. very fair and wont bs you.But cant remember the name either. theres a couple in that area congdon auto, right on the rotary, foxfield tire, and winslows auto clinic. Mansfield Auto Care is on angel st i never used em but heard good things about em.
I think it is Foxfield tire. cheers
Congdons used to be the smallest and oldest Olds Dealership in the US before he lost his Franchise once GM did away with Olds.
Mansfield Auto Care is the one by the tracks with the big dirt parking lot right off County st? I think they were decent.
The one I have heard bad stuff over the years is the one across from the Foxfield plaza on Central St on the Mansfield/foxboro line. I think it is the Central st Garage. I have never gone there for anything, so I can't tell you anything.

What street do you live on? I grew up on Chestnut st. by the John J. Ahearn middle school.
Back to top Go down
mega



Posts : 907
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Hyannis, ma

PostSubject: Re: front end alignment    Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 pm

yeah its by the tracks. on that one way part. the one accross from the plaza is pretty good. they did a tranny for me years back. was quick and decent price, for a shop loll. they never bullshited me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
94classicss



Posts : 121
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 30
Location : foxboro,ma

PostSubject: Re: front end alignment    Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:51 pm

i live on main st past dairy queen. yea im going to call around and see whos got the best price. cant wait to finally drive her with all new suspension, brakes, and hopefully tires Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: front end alignment    Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:13 am

94classicss wrote:
i live on main st past dairy queen. yea im going to call around and see whos got the best price. cant wait to finally drive her with all new suspension, brakes, and hopefully tires Very Happy

Sometimes it isn't always about price. The $89.00 "pothole" special wont get you too much quality, especially with how many say how difficult it is to get a good alignment in these cars, hell in any car!
Back to top Go down
94classicss



Posts : 121
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 30
Location : foxboro,ma

PostSubject: Re: front end alignment    Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:03 am

oh i know that im not gana go for the cheapest i never do but i want to make sure its atleast a 4 wheel alignment i know these things arent 4wd but it def makes a difference
im thinking i might go to firestone its 170 but thats for life the rest of the time you own it and every 6000 miles or coil you cut out of the springs Laughing you can bring it in and they will re align it for as long as u own it but i havent really heard anything about them so im doing my homework first
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: front end alignment    Today at 5:10 am

Back to top Go down
 
front end alignment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Front and Rear wheels..
» usefull alignment specs.
» Front Tyres the easy way
» looking for what others payed for Labor on Front end parts install...?
» FOR SALE: 1994-1999 black Cadillac deville front seats MINT

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Problems / Maintenance-
Jump to: