BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.

Go down 
+7
No Moa
silverfox103
waynes91
M.ROSS
ss1
toomanytoyz
BoSStonsSS
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Empty
PostSubject: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 8:13 pm

I got a chance to patch the rust holes I had discovered today. I am eventually going to find a solid body shell, so I cheated a bit just to make it legal and safe. I had to lift the body up 3/4" to fix the body mount. But now the interior can go back in.

I was also having issues getting the heat range set correctly. I think it was because I was using a 100ft extention cord. I am going to try a 25ft cord next time. scratch

Yey!!!!!!! cheers

Before
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Mods002-1
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Rustfix001

During using 1/4" steel plate
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Rustfix003

Sheet metal floor
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Rustfix002

After
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Rustfix004
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Rustfix005

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Looking pretty nice there!!!!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Good job, Billy!!!! Ready for some major Cee surgery next Saturday? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
ss1

ss1

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 10:10 pm

Wow, talk about rust! Nice job fixing it.

Btw, I use a 10awg 50' extension cord with my welder if I'm far from an outlet. The bigger the better!
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Been There Done That   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Nice job Bill looks like your building an armored car !!!!!
I don't have the skills or the patience to tackle something like that.
Those look like the floorboards on my 94.
That's why it's no longer with us.
I was so happy when i got this car and saw the floors had only one rust spot.Underbellys getting a little rough.
but i'm working on getting it cleaned up.

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Engineworkwheelwellrehab017
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Engineworkwheelwellrehab007
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 am

nice job good for another 20 yrs
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 7:26 am

Looks Great Bill!

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 7:47 am

ss1 wrote:

Btw, I use a 10awg 50' extension cord with my welder if I'm far from an outlet. The bigger the better!
I think mine is a 12 or 14awg, 100ft long. I only used it because it is the only cord that reaches the outside outlet. My 25ft is also 12 or 14awg. I think if I plug it in to an inside outlet, and stick it out a window, I will fair better. I had the amps turned all the way up and the wire speed on high just to get any kind of good penetration.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 8:27 am

nice job, did u have to fix the front body mount also? My car the front mount was completely rusted through, it wasn't pretty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 9:12 am

nice fab work. are you seam sealing the welds?
putting the interior back in so you can drive it to mod day?

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 9:44 am

No Moa wrote:
nice job, did u have to fix the front body mount also?
Kind of. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 10:16 am

laidlow91 wrote:
nice fab work. are you seam sealing the welds?
putting the interior back in so you can drive it to mod day?

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
No seam seal. I used stuff I had around the house. I used spray on bed liner. afro

Wife told me we are infact taking the SS to mod day. queen
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 2:08 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:

Wife told me we are infact taking the SS to mod day. queen

thats good to hear. Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 3:30 pm

And what is this? cheers
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. STUFF002
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. STUFF003
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 3:45 pm

you replaced your bonnies with a welder?
that looks like it will be uncomfortable on long rides. Razz

j/k, looks good, i need to do the same with mine.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 3:55 pm

I need to hit a boneyard before mod day so I can do a floor shift, too!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Carpet reinstalled after major scrubbing, and trip to car wash. And the center console in for the final time.
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Stuff006-1

Finally the seats.
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Stuff009

At this rate, I will have nothing to do on mod day scratch

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Looks nice Billy-boy. New radio/cd player?

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 9:24 pm

Looks VERY nice, Billy!!! And don't worry... You'll gave PLENTY to do! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 9:25 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Looks VERY nice, Billy!!! And don't worry... You'll gave PLENTY to do! Very Happy
I know. And none of it involves my car. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 9:28 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Looks nice Billy-boy. New radio/cd player?

Tom C.
Thank you Tom

The radio is a cd player out of my nephew's 99 pontiac Grand Prix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 11:55 pm

laidlow91 wrote:
you replaced your bonnies with a welder?
that looks like it will be uncomfortable on long rides. Razz
Maybe you should try it before you judge. Razz j/k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Final touch. A matching rear seat. Hopefully it never need to come out, because it was a bear to put in. And I have a gap between the upper and lower for some reason. scratch
And I finished the interior, and cleaned the tint off the rear window. Happy Easter.

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Stuff015
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Stuff016
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Stuff018
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Looking good man...I think I'm going to steal your pics and put them in my scrap book, cause it looks exactly like what I did to mine a year ago!

How are you B pillar bottoms? Mine were a mess!

If you are bringing the car, I have GOT to sit in those Bonnies...I have never sat in them and can get a set of fronts for probably what it would cost to redo my driver seat bottom foam...so I'm considering it, but im a bit ANAL about where my BUTT resides!

Doug

P.S. gee I wonder where there is a shell that has beautiful mint floor pans and b pillar bottoms! scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:36 pm

Pooge wrote:
Looking good man...I think I'm going to steal your pics and put them in my scrap book, cause it looks exactly like what I did to mine a year ago!

How are you B pillar bottoms? Mine were a mess!

If you are bringing the car, I have GOT to sit in those Bonnies...I have never sat in them and can get a set of fronts for probably what it would cost to redo my driver seat bottom foam...so I'm considering it, but im a bit ANAL about where my BUTT resides!

Doug

P.S. gee I wonder where there is a shell that has beautiful mint floor pans and b pillar bottoms! scratch
Go ahead and use the pics. Wink

B pillars seem good.

I can not help you with your anal butt, but you can sit inside to see for yourself.

If I had the money and a place to do it, I would use your shell. Wink
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:51 pm

Billy that gap is probably just the frame.
I got pretty rough with it when i pulled the bottom.
The car was full of broken glass.
The blood was running. affraid
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Yeah, my bonnie rears never quite fit right either. Those look great, though! Smile

Good Job, Billy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:05 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Yeah, my bonnie rears never quite fit right either. Those look great, though! Smile

Good Job, Billy!
Thanks, that welder is paying for itself this week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UberWagon

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 am

I will keep my eyes open for a cheap Caprice shell for you bro.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:39 pm

M.ROSS wrote:
Billy that gap is probably just the frame.
I got pretty rough with it when i pulled the bottom.
The car was full of broken glass.
The blood was running. affraid

Hey i offered u a bandage!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
QwikImpSS

QwikImpSS

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Wow Bill, that looks great. Much different than it did when I came to pick up that motor!

Keep it up.

You can start working on mine next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:30 pm

UberWagon wrote:
I will keep my eyes open for a cheap Caprice shell for you bro.
Thanks Ray. I would love one of those sand blasted versions. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 pm

QwikImpSS wrote:
Wow Bill, that looks great. Much different than it did when I came to pick up that motor!

Keep it up.

You can start working on mine next.
Thanks Marc. This time it has more than just front seats in it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Finally finished the floor shift swap today. I did run into some small issues, but was able to solve them.
First the bracket I made was hitting the trans pan. So I took out my hammer, and solved that problem. Second problem was the cable needed to go over the exhaust, which was no big deal. Loosen four bolts, and drop the h pipe away from the cats. In putting the h-pipe back, I stripped out the threads in the cat, as they were not that great of shape from the beginning. So some 3/8 nuts fixed that. Then thinking back as to how my shift cable came up and over the cross member, then down under the exhaust hanger that is bolted to the transmission had really made the shifter shift firmer than it should. So I ripped that off. Then I dicovered that the cable adjustment was damaged, which made final adjustment hard, but not impossible. I used a wire tie to hold the shifer's brake interlock open so I did not have to wire it in, and I hooked the light for the indicator into the ash tray light wire afer cutting the ash tray light off, because I no longer smoke, I see no reason to have a light there.

End result is a very smooth operating shifter, that keeps all functions of the column, like brake shift interlock, and it must be in park to remove key. I am very happy with how it turned out.

This is number two for me, so if anyone needs help with this mod, please do not hesitate to ask at a mod day or something for help. I would love to help out.

Sorry there are no pics. I will get some. Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Kickin' ass and takin' names! I love it, Billy! Smile

So... Uh... what are you doing @ Bruce's next weekend??? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:52 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

Thanks Billy Boy! Cool

And everybody's car but my own............Again! scratch
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:35 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

Thanks Billy Boy! Cool

I can hold off. We can work on yours. Smile

(I still have a case of Rustoleum... Wink)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:11 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

Thanks Billy Boy! Cool

I can hold off. We can work on yours. Smile

(I still have a case of Rustoleum... Wink)

No way. You are getting a blazer console wheather you like it or not. Wink

And Anthony is getting patches welded in.

Besides, I will not be bringing Shamu. I still need that quarter, and parking brake cables before it will pass inspection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:38 pm

Here are a couple pics of the brackets in action, and where to rout the cable.
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Shifter005
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Shifter004-Copy
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Shifter006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Got the pass side rear quarter ready for final sand today. Two hits of body filler

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Bodywork001-1

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Bodywork002

It will probably take another two coats of sandable primer to get it to stop soaking into the body filler.

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Bodywork003-1

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Bodywork004-1

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Bodywork005
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon May 04, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi Bill

Did you find a lower quarter? Or how did you fix it?

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon May 04, 2009 4:38 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Hi Bill

Did you find a lower quarter? Or how did you fix it?

Tom
Not yet. I have a couple lined up for the drivers side I think. This was the passengers side. It had a much smaller area to fix. As you can see from the pic. The shape is not correct. I could not duplicate it correctly, but for what it is, I guess it will do. scratch
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm

lookin good...
keep it up and that thing will be ready for paint in no time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Looks good, Billy! You decide on paint yet?

I have 2 guys with that quarter panel right now... Still working on it! And one willing to run into the boneyard for me. We're close!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:43 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
It will be gloss black with satin black ralley or Corvette GS stripe, with satin charcol fender slashes

toomanytoyz wrote:
I have 2 guys with that quarter panel right now... Still working on it! And one willing to run into the boneyard for me. We're close!!!! Very Happy
Cool beans dude. You da man! cheers I like to get one on there so I can get her inspected. I really need the one that goes from bumper cover to wheel well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:45 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
It will be gloss black with satin black ralley or Corvette GS stripe, with satin charcol fender slashes

toomanytoyz wrote:
Cool beans dude. You da man! cheers I like to get one on there so I can get her inspected. I really need the one that goes from bumper cover to wheel well. Very Happy

Dude... The "ghost satin ralley stripes" would look totally killer! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:53 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

Dude... The "ghost satin ralley stripes" would look totally killer! Smile

That is the plan Stan. Wink
This but all black hues
Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Picture004
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.   Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Major rust fixed, blazer console and bonnies installed.
Page 1 of 1