BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 february car of the month

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SScarlett_Caprice



Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 25
Location : Gales Ferry, CT

PostSubject: february car of the month    Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:20 pm

ok my car of the month story....

I think ill start with my frist car, my 1990 Cadillac Brougham. I was 17, gas was about $4.10 a gallon, and this thing had an olds 307 running on 5 cylinders with a quart and a half of oil in it. But it was a Cadillac for $1000. SCORE! It leaked like a screen door on a submarine, it stalled every time it was put in reverse, couldnt climb the steep road next to my house and was hopelessly slow. At the same time it never once left me stranded, and I had the only Cadillac in the high school parking lot. For now, she sits covered up in my driveway awating money and warm weather. Anyone got a Cadillac 472 or 500 laying around that they dont want? And lots of primer?

Anyway on to my first b body.... another enormous car to confuse my parents! She was a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon. Being 18, my first instinct on the test drive was to punch it, and the neuclear explosion of LT1 rage from 19 feet of car had me sold. I only really needed another car to keep the Cadillac off the road as it was starting to become unsafe, and winter was on its way but what i stumbled across is the best cars GM ever produced, and a big beige sleeper. Me and my hooligan friends sort of took over the local mcdonalds parking lot as our hangout/cruise-in, and when i arrived in the wagon the reactions invariably involved the word 'grandmother'. One good romp up a highway on ramp changed their minds, and my case of wagon fever got a little contageous.

After a few months of having the wagon, i got the mod bug. Realizing it was a bit too rusty and a bit too beige for me to do what i wanted with it, i put it up for sale. Selling a car is a truely sad day, i miss that ridicilous thing. I have no regrets though, because what i have now is indeed my dream car. Scarlett--shes a 1995 b4u caprice. I bought it in i think Feburary 2010 with 90k, she just broke 113k last night. So far the only mods are an exhaust, intake, 91 tails, steelies and red interior lights, but tints and blacked out pillars are on the way.

(pictures of the caddy and roadie when i figure out how to make them not huge)
Her first day home (my parents are ford people....)




New rims







Outside the jetwash with my buddies VR6





Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1



Posts : 1486
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 53
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Welcome to the B4U club! She's a keeper.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6870
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:45 pm

That's a pretty car. Love the color! Smile Tint will really make it look nice. Smile

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
SScarlett_Caprice



Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 25
Location : Gales Ferry, CT

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks everyone, I hardly see any in garnet red metallic. Let alone with red leather.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1564
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:12 pm

SScarlett_Caprice wrote:
Thanks everyone, I hardly see any in garnet red metallic. Let alone with red leather.

......... very clean, love the red on red combo..... dark red or lipstick red interior?


.......... do you still have the fleetwood?
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1



Posts : 1486
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 53
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Interior pics?
Back to top Go down
cloud 9



Posts : 563
Join date : 2009-10-03
Age : 48
Location : Dover, NH

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Gotta love that color!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Nice car! I love red on red. Get those pics of the fleetwood and roadie up Arrow
Back to top Go down
GasTT



Posts : 2675
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Treasure Coast, FL

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:47 am

Clean car. I used to see it all the time when it was in RI.
Back to top Go down
SScarlett_Caprice



Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 25
Location : Gales Ferry, CT

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:43 am

interior pictures if i can find the cord to my camera....














http://img3.imageshack.us/i/lc4ef7ae4e4aa467cb3eaee.jpg/


Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6870
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:47 am

BEIGE?!?!?!?! That's a GOLD WB4! Razz

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1564
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 am

nice caddy...... what color interior? want to sell it?
Back to top Go down
SScarlett_Caprice



Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 25
Location : Gales Ferry, CT

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 am

bowtiepimp wrote:
nice caddy...... what color interior? want to sell it?

It has a blue interior and believe me you dont want it.... It needs 3 quarts of oil every 1000 miles or so and has been sitting for two years. Tires are shot, shocks are toast, transmission doesnt feel right, the only reason im keeping it is because of the sentimental value and the fact that its a rust free starting point for a rat rod.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1564
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:04 am

SScarlett_Caprice wrote:
bowtiepimp wrote:
nice caddy...... what color interior? want to sell it?

It has a blue interior and believe me you dont want it.... It needs 3 quarts of oil every 1000 miles or so and has been sitting for two years. Tires are shot, shocks are toast, transmission doesnt feel right, the only reason im keeping it is because of the sentimental value and the fact that its a rust free starting point for a rat rod.


..... i have a white on white 91' with blue leather...... i want parts...... ( front bumper w/ the white inserts )

.............. i will be chopping the roof off in march and making a rat rod out of mine.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1



Posts : 1486
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 53
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 pm

SScarlett_Caprice wrote:
bowtiepimp wrote:
nice caddy...... what color interior? want to sell it?

It has a blue interior and believe me you dont want it.... It needs 3 quarts of oil every 1000 miles or so and has been sitting for two years. Tires are shot, shocks are toast, transmission doesnt feel right, the only reason im keeping it is because of the sentimental value and the fact that its a rust free starting point for a rat rod.

Can you say, LT1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LandMaster



Posts : 258
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 26
Location : Waterford, New York

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:14 pm

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE GOLD????? haha jk jk it is an aquired taste
Back to top Go down
chapel



Posts : 836
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 35
Location : Salem MA

PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:15 am

I think I know that Jetta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: february car of the month    Today at 11:00 pm

Back to top Go down
 
february car of the month
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» February 2011 Fleamarket & Charity Shop finds
» April is Parkinson's Disease Awareness Month
» Cox Engine of the Month! (ENTRY CLOSED)
» Ek Ghar Banaunga - Written Update - 3 February 2014
» Tumhari Pakhi 4th February 2014 Episode Watch Online

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: Car of the month-
Jump to: