BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
"Trailer Park Boys" EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
"Trailer Park Boys" EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
"Trailer Park Boys" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
"Trailer Park Boys" EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
"Trailer Park Boys" EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
"Trailer Park Boys" EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
"Trailer Park Boys" EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
"Trailer Park Boys" EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
"Trailer Park Boys" EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

"Trailer Park Boys"

Go down 
+2
1984twodoor
Matt Trakker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

"Trailer Park Boys" Empty
PostSubject: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Who else loves this show? Ever since I first started watching them, I can't stop laughing, nor do I ever get sick of them.

They coming to do a live show in Boston on Saturday, and I'm going!

For anyone who's never heard of it, the show is a "mockumentary" that takes place in a trailer park up in Nova Scotia. One character, Julian, a guy constantly holding a rum and coke and wearing the same black T-shirt and jeans all the time, who basically runs a series of organized crime escapades in the park with his sidekick, Ricky, hires a film crew to make a documentary about his life, since he thinks he is going to get shot. Hilarity ensues.

The whole thing started as an indie flick around 1999, then was adapted into a Canadian TV show soon after and ran for like 7 seasons, then I guess they had enough of it as a show. There were several feature films and TV specials as well. Now they do a traveling live show, lol.

My favorite thing about the show is the cars. The two most prominent vehicles are a 75 and a 78 New Yorker that both get ruined, everything else is late 80s and early 90s Cadillac Broughams, Olds wagons, etc. Julian always has a nicer car except in each season they get crappier, he goes from a Corvette to a lifted Bronco to an old Firebird, then a couple nice Mustangs, then winds up in a crappy Monte Carlo with a spoiler made from hockey sticks.

There's at least one episode where they go into Maine too. LOL

I've known about the show for years, but it was never available in the US. Now it is, but I don't have cable or satellite and can't watch it anyway. But someone sent me a clip a few years ago I thought was so funny, I had to dig for more, then downloaded a torrent from The Pirate Bay or some site like that with every episode in it as well as the movies. It may still be available. The trick is to watch everything in order that it came out, and tell yourself it's real, it will be that much funnier.

The show is definitely rated R and full of profanity, mainly the F word, so if you don't like that, use your own discretion/don't watch (and don't give me crap because you watched it and got offended), but the show is hilarious. If you expect it, it doesn't bother you.

This was the clip that made me laugh my ass off:

NOT SAFE FOR WORK (unless you work in a shop with naked lady calendars and such)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-4bmdNIXEI

Mr Lahey, Trailer Park Supervisor and disgraced ex police officer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuedGDhkQKg

Ricky, the breakaway pants wearing nincompoop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAlBvxjApf4&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs&feature=related

Bubbles, self explanatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNSTNwClQY

My favorite clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ITUYo7CRg0

The most popular TPB clip online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZbygmWKpP8

Anyway, I try to get all my friends to watch this. If anyone here has seen it already and thinks it's great, well, sorry for wasting your time.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Ive watched a few clips. Its a wicked funny show lol!
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:12 am

I saw it once on a free preview on one of the Adelphia channels and went strait for the video store and rented the movie. I have since seen a couple of the movies and maybe a few more shows.

While I don't think it's the funniest thing ever, I do grab one whenever I see a new one at the video store, it's always good for a chuckle or ten.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:38 am

Pooge wrote:
I saw it once on a free preview on one of the Adelphia channels and went strait for the video store and rented the movie.

Doug

FWIW there are two movies, and the second is much better.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:04 am

Fishah wrote:
Pooge wrote:
I saw it once on a free preview on one of the Adelphia channels and went strait for the video store and rented the movie.

Doug

FWIW there are two movies, and the second is much better.

Yup, saw the other one about two months ago after randomly seeing it in the video store. I thought the first was better, but both make me laugh, as I know people that fit the characters so well.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:08 pm

I think the show was funnier than the movies TBH. I haven't seen the newest one, just the original black and white one from like 10 years ago, then the first of the two newer ones.

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evCj25UtfLM
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm

the red green show
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:08 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
the red green show

Is pretty much the greatest thing ever to come out of Canada cheers
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 pm

The New Red Green show is awesome as well but is apples and oranges to this. Watch everything else, then TPB last. lol

I gotta try to find the clip where they make a reference to it on TPB. lol

I used to like the parts where it was in black and white and Red Green was doing the voiceover while some random dude tried to accomplish a useless and impossible yet menial task with his inventions. "Oh, welp, that didn't work..." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Trailer Park Boys"   "Trailer Park Boys" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Trailer Park Boys"
Page 1 of 1