BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Frigging cats in my garage EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Frigging cats in my garage EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Frigging cats in my garage EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Frigging cats in my garage EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Frigging cats in my garage EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Frigging cats in my garage EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Frigging cats in my garage EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Frigging cats in my garage EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Frigging cats in my garage EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Frigging cats in my garage

Go down 
+4
Cadet57
caddyman1961
1984twodoor
Matt Trakker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Frigging cats in my garage Empty
PostSubject: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Has anyone had to deal with this?
I have that tent garage with my Impala in it for the winter, there is no way of completely securing the bottom of the door, edges of the back wall, etc, so cats have been sneaking in and pissing all over my wheels, walking on top of my car too. I found muddy paw prints going up over the back, roof, and hood of my car. Not good, the paint is 40 years old in most places and fragile enough.

Cat piss (it's not piss actually) smells AWFUL and actually corrodes metal! We had one spray on the side of a metal cabinet in my house and it rusted the paint off!!! Laughing

I see the cats going in and out too and have to scare them away, one looks like a housecat and the others are all stray disheveled messes that look like The Dude from The Big Lebowski.

I can't keep them away from the car structurally, today I washed the car and put the cover on it so it would be a little more protected. I don't want mice in there either.

I remember my friend bought a '42 Ford that had an Irish Spring bar inside to deter mice. I was also thinking of dumping mothballs around the car, or putting hot pepper all over the place. Laughing

I need a real garage. Mad
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:15 am

Lol, I haven't had any encounters with cats in my tent. But I have mothballed it. I've also got mothballs in side and some dryer sheets in there too. seems to be helping out so far, the only problem is every time i run it i come out of there smelling like a grandpa Surprised

I'd say try hot peppers or...get a dog Laughing If not just try foaming the botoms with great stuff and tie the sides down the best you can. I've thought about that lol.

I also would like i real garage... Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
caddyman1961

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:16 am

Go to Home Depot and buy a have-a-heart trap. Catch them and relocate them elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:35 am

caddyman1961 wrote:
Go to Home Depot and buy a have-a-heart trap. Catch them and relocate them elsewhere.

This ^

Then again im an animal person and wouldnt want to hurt the poor things. Other people might say a couple pie tins with antifreeze in them would do the trick No
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:06 am

caddyman1961 wrote:

I have two. i used em for an entire family of squirrelslast winter. havnthad one in my attic/walls since then
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Try spraying amonia around where they are sneaking in.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 6:22 pm

The trap is out of the question really, I know more would just come back and with my luck I'd trap the neighborhood skunk and then really be screwed. There's other stuff wandering in there too like possums and whatnot, when I moved a stack of tires to swap them over I found turds all over the place in back of them. hahaha

Today I sprayed a whole bottle of citrus cleaner on my car cover, around the bottom of the garage, the "floor", and on my wheels and tires. I also put 2 bars of Irish Spring on top of the car cover for now. We'll see what it does, you could smell it pretty strongly.

Next step is mothballs and/or cayenne pepper!
Back to top Go down
caddyman1961

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 9:44 pm

Go to Dicks or any of the sproting places and buy fox urine. Spray it around the tires. Everything will think there is a fox in your garage and stay away. If you did catch a skunk in the trap it wont spray you. They wont do it when they are contained. Been down that road before
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 7:33 pm

+2 on the fox or bobcat piss
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Quote :
bobcat piss

Laughing

I looked for that today when I was at Wal-Fart, didn't see any but I did grab mothballs and spread a few around under the car and in some other places. I never realized how awful and strong those things smell! Laughing

Next step- fox/bobcat/wooly mammoth/Chewbacca piss
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Quote :
bobcat piss

Laughing

I looked for that today when I was at Wal-Fart, didn't see any but I did grab mothballs and spread a few around under the car and in some other places. I never realized how awful and strong those things smell! Laughing

Honestly, neither did I. I went out that night and even with a different shirt on people thought I smelt like a grampa. Surprised but so far so good Arrow
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 pm

pretty sure the Depot has it
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Quote :
bobcat piss

Laughing

OMG, that's funny (chewbacca piss). LMAO Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frigging cats in my garage   Frigging cats in my garage Empty

Back to top Go down

Frigging cats in my garage
Page 1 of 1