BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boojum

AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  Empty
PostSubject: AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart    AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:45 am

I went to AutoZone to get some replacements for lifetime warranty brakes.

Well since AutoZone no longer has Performance Friction brakes I was told I could not get a free replacement.
That's why it called "Limitied Lifetime Warranty", the waranty is limited to only as long as the part is sold by AZ.
I was also told I could try to talk to the store manager who was not in.

Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by boojum on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart    AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:49 am

Wow, talk about BOLD FACED LIE
When you think about it LIMITED could mean anything
Limited supply, limited by the mentality of the parts counter clerk...thats SHADY pirat
Better review our life insurance policies...oh wait, those are already LIMITED LIFETIME... Wink
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart    AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:57 am

I just read their warranty policy and it don't say anything about as long as the part is still being sold.

I don't blame the counter guy. It ticks me off that I have visit the store when a manager is there (weekdays) to get this resolved. I'm on vacation but there are other things I'd rather be doing than chasing parts.

Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart    AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Go to a different store and try again. It depends on who you deal with there, some are stupider than others. Last time I got my truck's starter replaced (3rd one in 6 months) they told me that it was my last replacement. "We'll see about that". It died again recently and I got it replaced with no BS.
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart    AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:17 pm

I take it back it was the clerk.

I went back today 'cause it was cold and I didn't feel like working on the car.

I was asked to sign for a $36 credit. I said I paid more than that. I was told not to worry the they will get me new PF brakes for $36.
OK great. Then I was told the new warranty would be 90 days. WTF! Afeter I complained the manger said he would give me a lifetime warranty. A few minutes they then told me they probably won't be able to get the new PF brakes. WTF! At least I got something back.

Now I ask about the rear pads. Oh no you only have a two year warranty. I say I bought at least 3 sets and I think at least 1 was lifetime. Then I was told that the computer only shows the last purchase made and I could come back on Wed. they would give me credit for the brakes I bought yesterday.

So they are still going to try to get me new PF front and rear pads (yeah right) and I can make another trip back to continue the saga.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart    AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:40 pm

http://mybiggestcomplaint.com/autozone-warranty/3582/
http://mybiggestcomplaint.com/autozone-parts-lifetime-warranty/4032/
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/lifetime-warranty-c258420.html

I have had to deal with this before. Bought a W/P with LLW back when it was over $150 for a reman. Part failed, gave me the lesser 90 day warranty one to replace it. It failed less than a year later big time, taking my opti with it. I took it back in and was told it only had a 90 day on it, and it was long past. I told the guy it was replaced against a LLW. He said there was nothing he could do but to take it a core and I would have to buy a new one. Oh well. I wound up buying another LLW W/P. And a opti. The day was close to $500. At the time, the opti could only be purchased at the dealership.
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart    AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Slight problems at Walmart too.

I go to get a replacement battery under warranty. Well it seems that although the new battery is the same part number as the old it has a different UPC number. I had to cough up $2 to pay the difference for a free replacement battery that has the same part number, different UPC, and less cranking amps. This method of a "refund" and new purchase is dumb.

On the other hand it looks like my "free" 3 year warranty starts all over again. And at least this time I didn't have to explain why I didn't have a core when I "purchased" the replacement.''

Back to top Go down
alwyswntd1

alwyswntd1

PostSubject: Re: AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart    AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:18 pm

boojum wrote:
I went to AutoZone to get some replacements for lifetime warranty brakes.

Well since AutoZone no longer has Performance Friction brakes I was told I could not get a free replacement.
That's why it called "Limitied Lifetime Warranty", the waranty is limited to only as long as the part is sold by AZ.
I was also told I could try to talk to the store manager who was not in.

Anyone else have this problem?

they tried some sneeky shit like that with me,call there main head quarters and give them a piece of your mind and you will see how quick you will get replacements i did and they where sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart    AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart  Empty

Back to top Go down

AutoZone "Warranty" - and Walmart
Page 1 of 1