BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???

Go down 
+4
Matt Trakker
Pooge
96Brougham
JRS9C1
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? Empty
PostSubject: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Would one coat screw up headlights? Almost everything else on the car is black so I figure why the hell not. I just don't want it to affect the headlights at night a lot. Input?
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:49 pm

headlight covers..
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:38 pm

96Brougham wrote:
headlight covers..

yup!
Back to top Go down
JRS9C1

JRS9C1

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Whats the difference though? I have basically a full can of niteshade...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 pm

JRS9C1 wrote:
Whats the difference though? I have basically a full can of niteshade...
Hello! McCfly! The covers can come off for night driving, and the niteshads can't. study
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:03 pm

Even Niteshading your backup lights creates a problem when backing up, so I wouldn't recommend it for headlights...lol. I'd look into the clear aftermarket lenses with the smoked backing areas for that look.
Back to top Go down
94classicss

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:49 am

if you have access to basic paint materials and a gun mix some clear coat then add in a little black mix and spray coat by coat till desired darkness that's how i tinted my tails it also just cleans em up and gives em a shine. I almost threw my tails out untill i tried this now they look brand new

nightshades garbage even if it came out looking alright with in a month it will look like every civic and integra with patchy tails
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:05 am

94classicss wrote:
if you have access to basic paint materials and a gun mix some clear coat then add in a little black mix and spray coat by coat till desired darkness that's how i tinted my tails it also just cleans em up and gives em a shine. I almost threw my tails out untill i tried this now they look brand new

nightshades garbage even if it came out looking alright with in a month it will look like every civic and integra with patchy tails
Yup.
You would be better off using Testors "Window tint" Model spray paint. Razz
Back to top Go down
94classicss

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:22 am

haha im sure its been done more than once
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:24 am

What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? Attachment
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
94classicss wrote:

Yup.

Are you making fun of my model painted tails Billy? LOL

That chit was hard to find! It did work good and never faded though, however clear with the drops of black like mentioned is the best way...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
94classicss wrote:

Yup.

That chit was hard to find! It did work good and never faded though, however clear with the drops of black like mentioned is the best way...
Quite the opposite. I have used the Testors to tint tail lamps on my Mustang, and it worked the balls.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:58 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
94classicss wrote:

Yup.

Quite the opposite. I have used the Testors to tint tail lamps on my Mustang, and it worked the balls.

Yeah, I did it on my Blazer! It was pretty nice but I was a first timer and I overdid it. It was hard to find the paint, I checked 2 hobby shops I knew of and wound up getting it from eBay instead of wasting more gas. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Yeah, I did it on my Blazer! It was pretty nice but I was a first timer and I overdid it. It was hard to find the paint, I checked 2 hobby shops I knew of and wound up getting it from eBay instead of wasting more gas. Haha.
I got mine at the walmart. Very Happy

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:07 pm

I found out the hard way that Walmart down here no longer sells model cars or anything related to them...some other stores too like Toys R Us. I think it's some stupid ass MA state law that went into effect, I can't think of any other reason. I have seen model kits at Michaels and places like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Same thing here now.
Back to top Go down
94classicss

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:26 pm

yea theres only a few places you can still get em around here. i always end up buying a few at the swap meets
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:58 pm

head light covers are at summit for like $55 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AVS-37217/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
94classicss

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:34 pm

if i was going spend money id just buy some acrylic plexi at home depot and mold it over a whole assembled headlight (marker and headlight attached to headlight frame) thats how i made the inner marker light covers on my headlights. i have a few rough ones actually from when i was making my headlights.was toying with making one piece setups but i wasnt feelin them
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I found out the hard way that Walmart down here no longer sells model cars or anything related to them...some other stores too like Toys R Us. I think it's some stupid ass MA state law that went into effect, I can't think of any other reason. I have seen model kits at Michaels and places like that.

Thread jacking coninues...

...I just bought a '62 Impala coupe Model at the S. Attleboro Walmart 3 nights ago...jus' sayin' Very Happy

I would just go with the smoked euro setup. I run them with 6k HID's with zero problems. A definite plus over OEM lights with clean stock lenses Cool
Back to top Go down
94classicss

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:00 pm

for sure i love my euros with 8000ks a million time better than stock and i just picked up some green hids with a halogen low beam so shows and shits and giggles. they were only 15.99 shipped on ebay only have 9007s but go right in no problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???   What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS??? Empty

Back to top Go down

What about niteshading the HEADLIGHTS???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Modifications / Performance-
Jump to: