BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Sungate windshield for my Caprice

Go down 
+3
toomanytoyz
Matt Trakker
Waldo617
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Waldo617

Waldo617

Sungate windshield for my Caprice Empty
PostSubject: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:33 pm

I have heard that the Impala SS was optioned with a Sungate windshield. I dont know if that option was ever available for the Caprice. My windshield is 14 years old and sandblasted from all the years of Highway driving... i am just waiting for the day that i am cruising on the highway and a small pebble hits it and puts a crack in it so that i can get a new one paid for by my insurance company. Anyone have a "Sungate" windshield on a parts car in good condition with no bad windshield washer scratches that they want to get rid of???

this is where i have seen one on a car
http://www.mcsmk8.com/96-IMPALA/96-IMPALA.HTM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Waldo617 wrote:
I have heard that the Impala SS was optioned with a Sungate windshield. I dont know if that option was ever available for the Caprice. My windshield is 14 years old and sandblasted from all the years of Highway driving... i am just waiting for the day that i am cruising on the highway and a small pebble hits it and puts a crack in it so that i can get a new one paid for by my insurance company. Anyone have a "Sungate" windshield on a parts car in good condition with no bad windshield washer scratches that they want to get rid of???

this is where i have seen one on a car
http://www.mcsmk8.com/96-IMPALA/96-IMPALA.HTM
Big waste of money even if you can find one. I had one on my 94 ss. It sucked. I could not use my radar detector, and had to buy one of those expensive remote detectors.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:46 pm

My brother's RMS has the Sungate, it's a 94. It does seem a little cooler/darker inside but I can't really say for sure.

Side note. Matt Garrett has an AWESOME car collection, simply amazing, unusual stuff that's incredibly low mileage and original. I thought I might have posted a link to it here once but it may have been on fullsizechevy.com. He had a lot of B and C bodies. The one I liked the most was the black Ford F-250 though.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:43 pm

I never liked them either. No EZ pass through them. Radio reception sucks too, if you use an iPod or Sirius adapter with an FM modulator.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
druzdcm

druzdcm

PostSubject: Re: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 6:54 pm

I hope mine busts-I have disliked it in both my Impala's.
Back to top Go down
http://druzcherrybomb.shutterfly.com
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:50 pm

I had one in my RMW and I loved it. I also have one in my Olds Silhouette right now. It helps interior temps and save your dash from fading/ cracks.
Back to top Go down
Waldo617

Waldo617

PostSubject: Sungate   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 pm

My dash is really faded and discolored but no cracks. Its wierd because my dash is light grey and the discoloration is like a rust color. Because of this i imagine that my windshield is not a sungate. I am willing to trade my regular windshield for a sungate...mine doesnt have any marks from wipers but it has the normal amount of swirls and sandblasting from being 14 years old. My only reason for wanting to replace it is that i really want a sungate.
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:05 pm

My old 96 Fleetwood, My old 96 RMW, and my current 95 RMW all had them. I like them, makes the car darker when the rest of the windows are tinted!
Back to top Go down
Waldo617

Waldo617

PostSubject: Sungate   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:43 pm

Hey druzdcm what don't you like about it? Ill trade ya for my non sungate windshield if we could find someone willing to swap em over for cheap money...I hate the heat and the sun, i am also at high risk for inheriting an eye disease carried by male genes in my family, the disease is accelerated by the sun, luckily i dont have it...yet...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Waldo617

Waldo617

PostSubject: SUNGATE!!!   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:04 pm

I went to pay for my trans today and have my car brought to the shop to have the gauge cluster pulled. I completely forgot to look and see if my windshield is a Sungate Sad I really dont think it is given that my car didnt come with a lot of options and my dash is really faded and sun damaged....
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Judging by the pic in your avatar it doesn't look like a sungate. The sungate is a deep purple. Nobody will swap windshields, especially for cheap. I tried when I still had my wagon. Very high risk of breaking them both.
Back to top Go down
Waldo617

Waldo617

PostSubject: SUNGATE   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:34 pm

damn...do they even make new Sungate windshields for our cars anymore? i figured my only luck is to buy a used one...sometimes at junkyards i see old windshields removed from cars before they hit the crusher but none were a Sungate for a caprice
Back to top Go down
Waldo617

Waldo617

PostSubject: SUNGATE   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Maybe i will just have to get a brand new one. I heard that the part number is DW1275 - Sungate reflective
Does anyone know if that is a fact?
Has anyone ever got a Sungate installed in the Boston area?
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:12 am

My friend's OCC has a sungate, it sucks! He can't use a GPS in his car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sungate windshield for my Caprice   Sungate windshield for my Caprice Empty

Back to top Go down

Sungate windshield for my Caprice
Page 1 of 1