BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

I'm finally willng to admit defeat.

Go down 
+2
silverfox103
toomanytoyz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

I'm finally willng to admit defeat. Empty
PostSubject: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Big Ugly.

Useless.

I gotta say that is probably the MOST USELESS vehicle I have EVAR purchased in my entire life! I finally admit to it. It has been hinting to me its entire time here that it is completely useless. Now I believe it.

It's useless as a truck because it has that stupid, dinky, stepside bed. You can't even fit plywood in there.

It's useless as a car, because you can't get the baby in and out of the back easily. And the wife doesn't like the way it smells.

It's useless as a hot rod, because even though it is the total RIGHT color and has the RIGHT stance, and RIGHT exhaust note, it's still only an anemic 305.

And the FINAL useless straw. It got stuck IN MY LEVEL DRIVEWAY three friggin times in the past two days. Yes THREE times. On my snowblowed driveway. With studded snows. It couldn't get over like a 3/4" ice/snow rut. Seriously? Seriously. Apparently the posi is no good. So it's useless in the snow too. With or without weight in the back.

So as much as I love the damn thing. It'll be sold in the spring. I banished it to the side driveway to be buried in the snow for the rest of the winter.

It was pretty useful for one thing though... I had a blast building it, and really want to thank everyone who helped me with it. But she's gotta go.

If you know anyone, I'll be asking 1500 bucks.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:21 pm

$1500 for (see quote)

toomanytoyz wrote:
the MOST USELESS vehicle I have EVAR purchased in my entire life!

Sounds like a good deal!
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: im finally willing to admit to defeat   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:30 pm

bill tell me its not true. your selling the certified jb welder truck lol! but the long roof holds more and gets there quicker.IF i only had the money. Sad it would be mine. but i dont right now.so good luck with the sale.im going to regret not buying this. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:31 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
$1500 for (see quote)

toomanytoyz wrote:
the MOST USELESS vehicle I have EVAR purchased in my entire life!

Sounds like a good deal!

LOL! Doesn't it though???? Very Happy

iceman3201 wrote:
im going to regret not buying this. Sad

Nah... I don't think you will... Very Happy

Don't get me wrong, I love the damn thing. I just have no need for it. It doesn't do anything my wagon can't do. And it's taking up space in the driveway that another toy could fill. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:50 pm

Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:08 am

I hate to bring this up, but could it be the "Curse of Morticia". First the Impala and now Big Ugly. What's next?

Too many coincidences, I always had an uneasy feeling how Morticia was unceremoniously dumped.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:14 am

silverfox103 wrote:
I hate to bring this up, but could it be the "Curse of Morticia". First the Impala and now Big Ugly. What's next?

Too many coincidences, I always had an uneasy feeling how Morticia was unceremoniously dumped.

Tom C.

Seriously. And I think about that car every damn day. Should have kept it. I liked it better than the marshmallow, and still do. Sad I think I actually miss it more than my Caddy. Which is weird, because that car was a total POS! Smile
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

And the FINAL useless straw. It got stuck IN MY LEVEL DRIVEWAY three friggin times in the past two days. Yes THREE times. On my snowblowed driveway. With studded snows. It couldn't get over like a 3/4" ice/snow rut. Seriously? Seriously. Apparently the posi is no good. So it's useless in the snow too. With or without weight in the back.

Sounds like my caprice, and my crown vic, damn USELESS in the snow. and both mine are studded snows also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 am

My wagons have all been awesome in the snow, even with all seasons, but I always run dedicated snows in the rear, at least. I've never tried a sedan in the snow though. Maybe the extra weight of the wagon helps over the rear tires. Try some ballast in the trunk, maybe?
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:27 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
My wagons have all been awesome in the snow, even with all seasons, but I always run dedicated snows in the rear, at least. I've never tried a sedan in the snow though. Maybe the extra weight of the wagon helps over the rear tires. Try some ballast in the trunk, maybe?

Ya i got a buddy works at Dragon concrete, i'm thinking of haveing him fill the trunk!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
boojum

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:28 pm

I'll bet if you put a sunroof in it you would fall in love all over again. Smile

Is the bed not wide enough for a 4x8 sheet?

4x4 with posi for the snow, trust me.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:27 pm

See bill, you cracked jokes about me buying my Silhouette but, it has prooved itself to be the MOST useful vehicle I have ever owned. I moved my apartment with it, I helped friends move stuff, I can load and unload my tools easily all my friends fit inside. Ect ect... good luck with the sale Bill!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm finally willng to admit defeat.   I'm finally willng to admit defeat. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm finally willng to admit defeat.
Page 1 of 1