BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Chevy outsells Ford... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Chevy outsells Ford... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Chevy outsells Ford...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

Chevy outsells Ford... Empty
PostSubject: Chevy outsells Ford...   Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 pm

In 1927,... http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Chevrolet/ Some really cool history of Chevrolet. Probably a repost, but I don't care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chevy outsells Ford...   Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Truth be told, GM trucks still out sell ford. But because GMC is it's own brand, it does not get added to chevrolet. But infact the two totals together ousell ford by a fair amount.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Chevy outsells Ford...   Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Truth be told, GM trucks still out sell ford. But because GMC is it's own brand, it does not get added to chevrolet. But infact the two totals together ousell ford by a fair amount.

Not surprised by that at all, always thought I saw more Chevy/GMC on the road than Ford.

Doug
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Chevy outsells Ford...   Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:04 pm

I'm a GM guy at heart, and all ive ever had is GM trucks 88 95 99 03 07, but the quality is lacking, my 07 quad cab duramax has a ton of issues, front end, seals in the rear, front end, i paid $1200 for repairs at 40k miles. I'm not overly excited about GM trucks, and they closed the local shop, i have to drive an hour + to either garage for warranty or Duramax survice. Sucks to say the least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com

PostSubject: Re: Chevy outsells Ford...   Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:58 pm

No Moa wrote:
I'm a GM guy at heart, and all ive ever had is GM trucks 88 95 99 03 07, but the quality is lacking, my 07 quad cab duramax has a ton of issues, front end, seals in the rear, front end, i paid $1200 for repairs at 40k miles. I'm not overly excited about GM trucks, and they closed the local shop, i have to drive an hour + to either garage for warranty or Duramax survice. Sucks to say the least.
I had no issues with my 08 silverado. It was only 18 months old but no issues at all. But so you know. The grass is not greener on the other side. We had a 09 dodge and a couple 08-09 fords come into the shop for an inspection and they failed. The dodge was ball joints, and the guy told us when he came back for reinspection that the dealer said it was a common problem. Same thing with the fords plus one had a bad tie rod end along with the ball joint, and the other one had an evap issue along with the ball joint. All the trucks had average to low mileage. It sucks for us because it is work we can't get because the trucks were all under warranty. No body beats GMs transferable warranty. Not even Chrystler with there lifetime drivetrain warranty which is NOT transferable.
I have owned many different vehicles, and can and do say I would take the quirks of GM over any of the others. I am truely brand loyal. I would drive your 07 Silverado with issues before driving a brand new Ford with none.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Chevy outsells Ford...   Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm

I've owned/driven cars from many different makes. I love GM for being able to use it even when it's broken, which tends to happen alot to GM's. I loved the power that my Dodge truck had, but hated the fuel economy. The Chrysler car was a pos. Chrysler van is not the most well put together and not easy to work on. Toyota was great for daily transport, but it had no character or charm.

I'll wait till I get a really nice car before I pass judgement
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Chevy outsells Ford...   Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

No Moa wrote:

Just in case no one noticed, I will add FRONT END to the list of issues with the newer GMs. I LOVE my 08, but it chews up tires like nothing I have ever seen. 48K miles, 3 alignments, and almost two complete sets of tires!

Doug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chevy outsells Ford...   Chevy outsells Ford... EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:43 am

Pooge wrote:
No Moa wrote:

Just in case no one noticed, I will add FRONT END to the list of issues with the newer GMs. I LOVE my 08, but it chews up tires like nothing I have ever seen. 48K miles, 3 alignments, and almost two complete sets of tires!

Doug
I almost forgot that I had an alignment at 2600 miles on mine due to scolloped tires. This did correct the issue. And since I can access the GM Global service site, I was able to see there was an open recall on it for an issue with a computer under the passenger seat getting moisture in it and failing before GM sent me a recall notice. That was about a month ago.

If anyone needs basic info on there car, and the info is still availible through GM Connect, pm me with your vin. And no you cant get info on b-bodies. The info on those cars are dumped after 10 years. I tried on my impala. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chevy outsells Ford...   Chevy outsells Ford... Empty

Back to top Go down

Chevy outsells Ford...
Page 1 of 1