BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Procrastina....OK, I'm in

Go down 
+2
Ironfistdog
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Procrastina....OK, I'm in Empty
PostSubject: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:27 pm

A couple of years ago I drove to MA to buy some wheels from a guy for my "New" 92 Roadmaster wagon. Nice guy, we talked for a while. He had an interesting wagon project in the driveway, and some other B Body stuff going on in his garage. I promised him I'd join his forum in the spring.
I didn't say which spring.
Since then a change in economic fortunes, and general short attention span, has slowed work on my Roadie, which I bought mainly for amusement. I have lurked the BADASS forum, but not being much of a "Joiner," and recognizing that I need to join at least three forums to own this car, I have been a bit slow to sign up.
Spring is coming, and again I'm saying: "This is the year" I'll finally dig into the Roadie
Better late than never?
You guys seem underrepresented in Vermont, now that is less true.
Thanks "IronFistDog" for the invitation.
Hope to meet up with y'all, virtually and in person, over the months to come.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Welcome!

I can't remember which wagon I was building/destroying at the time. I assume it was the No(No)-mad with the '56 tail lights. Although I was building the bagged '92 wagon around the same time as well.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Youre right, we ARE underrepresented in VT
My son Matt wanted to drive his 95 Impala up to school & I started thinking who could help him if he needed it.
Couldnt come up with anyone....youre it now... Razz
Goes to St Michaels & although he doesnt have his doctorate in LT1 wrenching...he's getting there.
AND...he's connected... Cool
Welcome  cheers
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:34 pm

Let's see some photos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:08 am

Ironfistdog:
It was definitely growing Nomad tails, with a slammed Cady in the garage modded up for the Friday night Frights.
Your wheels were just as we expected, by the way:  Just a bit too big, just the way I like them (have to mount the rears deflated and I get some rub on the left front when I hit just the right bump. I have my snows mounted on them. They're on the car now.

sdstick:
I wouldn't know an optispark from a flux capacitor, and I work 6 days a week.  That said, I do have a paved driveway, a set of jack-stands and a decent internet connection.  I'm guessing the college frowns on 20 year old cars on blocks in their parking lot.  If your boy gets in a bind, or just gets tired of kids his own age and needs some quality time with a moderately competent shade-tree mechanic, give me a shout.  St. Mikes is about halfway between me and the salvage yard.

MASShole9C1:
Thanks; when does the Nube hazing begin?

GasTT:
What part of "I'm a little slow" didn't you get from my introduction?  It took me almost 3 years to figure out how to log on, and you want a multi-media presentation on day one?
Seriously, I'm not a big picture guy.  I can't find the diagnostic pictures I took when I bought the car, and haven't taken any since.  When the snow melts and we have a sunny day, I'll see if I can get her to smile for the camera.
Meanwhile use your imagination:  Nothing special - I think Grandma wasn't using it anymore and the kids didn't appreciate it enough to be bothered with the maintenance; Dark Rosewood Metallic with wood(ish) side panels;  just enough rust to verify it's New England lifestyle, but not enough to make it ugly or dysfunctional (orange scale underneath, no rust in the spare tire well but the left rear quarter needs some work.)  Trim is mostly there (minus the rubber strip) but dinged up appropriate to its age. Interior in good shape, once I cleaned out evidence of years of kids and grand-kids.  The drivers seat shows the stress of someone at least my size getting in and out for 20 years, but nothing urgent.
It did come with two original alloy wheels and two steels with some kind of old beater Caprice hubcaps.  I'll bet there's a story there, but nothing I could drag out of the seller or find in the maintenance records.

The work I've done so far really amounts to maintenance.  I'm hopeful to chase out the last oil leaks this spring and, with you guys as a support/therapy group, move on to mods and/or making it look pretty. Then pictures will be more fun!
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Welcome! 1st pics are of your Woman, then we'll let you know if you can hang out with us.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 7:30 pm

Tomz9C1 wrote:
Welcome! 1st pics are of your Woman, then we'll let you know if you can hang out with us.

With that said, let the hazing begin cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:52 am

Tomz9C1 wrote:
Procrastina....OK, I'm in SQQco7

But seriously, if "My Woman" were "All That," why would I want to hang out with you guys?
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:54 am

lol.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:39 pm

+1... Razz
Cant argue with THAT logic
Then again...he DOES drive a B-Body.
Jury's still out.. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:56 am

sdstick wrote:

Then again...he DOES drive a B-Body.
Jury's still out.. Cool
I don't understand.  
Are you saying my rusty 23 year old station wagon is NOT a chick magnet??
scratch
Maybe a few more mods....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:36 pm

The sun is out, the snow is gone, and I had a few minutes between shifts,
Not good pictures, but I wanted to keep my promise:
Procrastina....OK, I'm in EyYZFO8XjProcrastina....OK, I'm in IdVwmbZijProcrastina....OK, I'm in Eyvvy9pVj

More Better Later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Procrastina....OK, I'm in   Procrastina....OK, I'm in Empty

Back to top Go down

Procrastina....OK, I'm in
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Introductions and signiture testing-
Jump to: