BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer

Go down 
+3
Cadet57
95brmw
MASShole9C1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  Empty
PostSubject: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:35 pm

This company boasts being the only licensed company to reproduce factory tags with a VIN involved.

If you're like me, and have decals that are faded, peeling, or just plain obliterated, this might be something to look into. Very helpful when having a full body color change where the paint bleeds through or the shop strips the decals off. It happened on my '87 Aerocoupe. Destroyed!

Also useful when swapping 91-94 doors in favor of 95-96 doors for the bigger mirrors or if you replace a door due to accident damage or rot. It will keep eyebrows and red flags down in the event of a future sale, accident, or even theft!

It says "licensed body shops get discounts when ordering", so I assume, with proper owner and VIN verification, any joe can order them for their favorite ride. I read an ISSF thread where guys have used them for various restos. Due to the implications of fraudsters out there, there are skeptical people, but I find no reason you'd have a problem with a FACTORY ORIGINAL COPY of something that BELONGS on the car to begin with. That guy from Hamilton Chevrolet, Mike, was crying like a baby about the Feds and fraud saying its a "fake" decal. He accused me of the same in an email not long ago when I asked him about locating the CAC emissions label I just purchased from GMPartsDirect.com.

Anyway, I know it might be important for some SS guys to have that door tag say "255/50/17". I have a repainted and smoothed SS trunk lid on my 9C1 but the original SPID is still on the old lid.

Hey, some people don't give a shit either way, and there's some of us who have a complex insisting that the original specs and VIN decals are needed. Otherwise, we can't sleep at night lol.

It's a bit pricy, but if its worth it to YOU, that's all that matters.

http://www.ecsvin.com/order.php
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:57 pm

That's a good find Brian. I have to replace the DS door on my OCC and was dreading doing it because I didn't want to loose that sticker. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 1:05 am

No problem Dave. I'm glad I could be of some help.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Very cool find man. I always wondered if there was a way to get these again. Even the dealers can't print them.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Damn, thanks! For $80 I'd be down to get the real SPID for my car since the previous owner was nice enough to steal the trunk lid and put his scratched one on.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 12:08 am

No problem guys. I'm always looking for methods to preserve. Most people could care lass about a 9C1, in my case, and just say "would make a nice wintah beatah cah kehd" smfh. But, it's useful for just about anyone for any automobile.
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 12:55 am

MASShole9C1 wrote:

Anyway, I know it might be important for some SS guys to have that door tag say "255/50/17". I have a repainted and smoothed SS trunk lid on my 9C1 but the original SPID is still on the old lid.

I know at least one SS guy that would like the label to read 235/70/15. Smile
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 1:23 am

boojum wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:

I know at least one SS 9C1 clone guy that would like the label to read 235/70/15.  Smile

Fixt
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:56 am

MASShole9C1 wrote:
boojum wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:

I know at least one SS 9C1 clone guy that would like the label to read 235/70/15.  Smile

Fixt

Yes  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:42 am

MASShole9C1 wrote:
This company boasts being the only licensed company to reproduce factory tags with a VIN involved.

That guy from Hamilton Chevrolet, Mike, was crying like a baby about the Feds and fraud saying its a "fake" decal. He accused me of the same in an email not long ago when I asked him about locating the CAC emissions label I just purchased from GMPartsDirect.com.

There are as many reasons to want these decals as there are people possessing any car suffering from having distressed information plates.

I absolutely understand Mike's concern though, as the availability of these decals make it that much easier for unscrupulous cloner-types to counterfeit classics.

This brings the value of clean legitimate originals down and compromises the specialness of the small fixed number remaining true, so-called "real cars".

This is an unavoidable trend as the collector car market becomes diluted by the growing number of fakes.

Of course there are a multitude of people who simply like the idea of an affordable easy restoration part to purchase and improve a true original car.

After reading your post, I was moved to defend Mike Paciorek from Hamilton Chevy.

Mike is one of the best of the best from our global 9C1 community, and he has helped countless people all over the world get new factory 9C1 and SS unobtainium parts.

He is a passionate, amazingly knowledgeable resource and for many years, typically a selfless contributor to this unique family of cars and their owners.

I also count him as a true good friend, and I've known him for a long time, actually well before becoming a badassofne member myself.

It would surprise me if he hasn't already helped several people here get some part or parts they couldn't get new elsewhere.

Sorry for the rant, but even though your point of view is honest and valid Brian, and I am much closer to being in your camp than in the "Concours restoration perfection" camp, I just wanted to say that Mike's point is every bit as legitimate and as valid as ours.

If it weren't for Mike, and a few other stand-up people like him, our enjoyment of these cars would be disproportionally and negatively impacted.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:57 am

That's all well and good about Mike, and I understand and respect his place in the community. The same goes for his opinion about the decals. But hey, the guy insulted me. What can I do? Then I read what he said on that thread and it added to the anger of his previous email to me. Not saying that there are any hard feelings or anything, just that it happened and struck me as personal, tho, not having known me at all, to insist that I'm trying to commit fraud by replacing stock for stock decals on my 9C1.
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 12:53 am

Hey. My 9C1 clone is more a hoax than a fraud! There is no intention to gain from, materially damage, or deprive a potential unsuspecting victim. Rest assured that if I sell it, I will inform the buyer beforehand that is not a real 9C1 and that it is actually an Impala. Smile

Another post reminded me that I still have to disable the rear door handles.
It's going to really suck to remove the firewall insulation/soundproofing too. Sad
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 2:30 am

boojum wrote:
Hey. My 9C1 clone is more a hoax than a fraud! There is no intention to gain from, materially damage, or deprive a potential unsuspecting victim. Rest assured that if I sell it, I will inform the buyer beforehand that is not a real 9C1 and that it is actually an Impala. Smile

Another post reminded me that I still have to disable the rear door handles.
It's going to really suck to remove the firewall insulation/soundproofing too. Sad

That's the attitude I have back to Mike. "Cuz I'm stupid enough to try and pass off an Impala SS with green hoses, LAB interior with manual seats and manual windows blah blah blah". I was pretty offended when he lashed out like that over an emissions decal replacement. No VIN involved, and I'm actually doing the RIGHT thing by making sure the car displays its original CAC decal. Hell, it's a part of the RPO codes when you VIN check the damn thing. Like I said, I'm not sure what he thought I was doing replacing an emissions decal. Maybe cuz if I had a 4.3 I might want to swap the decal to a 5.7? Idk. P vs w on the VIN kinda takes care of that argument sans decal or SPID label. Water under the bridge.

But yes! You need to bend a wrench behind the ear on the locking rod in order to get the lock to disable from the inside. I installed mine, and you want to unistal yours ha! The insulation is a good one too. Wonder why they didn't come with it. Don't forget to disable the dome light by unhooking the female connector behind the A pillar kick panel on BOTH sides. I also hooked those back up. Tired of getting in and out of a bat cave. Let me know if you find one of those cast metal siren speakers that have "Caprice Classic" molded on them. Mine still has the mounting holes for one. Certainly not going to hook it up or make it functional by any means, but it would be neat to have it on there for car shows. I forgot who made them, but they are still in business, but doubt they have any or would sell to non gov/LEO.

Also, don't forget the offset passenger seat frame.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 7:51 am

9C1's didn't come with that insulation? I always thought someone ripped it out of mine, there's what looks like glue residue on the firewall.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 8:22 am

Yep. 11 out of 10 times its not installed on a 9C1. One of those visual clues on a shady Craigslist impala SS ad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer    Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer  Empty

Back to top Go down

Door Jamb, SPID label, and other factory decals remanufacturer
Page 1 of 1