BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car

Go down 
+5
Cadet57
toomanytoyz
silverfox103
bammax
jbmlt1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jbmlt1

Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car Empty
PostSubject: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:44 pm

was wondering why gm in all its wisdom did not build them all with wireing harness for power seat?

anyone go thru this?
any advise would be app.
my car is a 96 doner car is 95

thanks joe
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Too bad you didn't ask a couple months ago before I threw out a stand-alone power seat kit.

To do it the factory way you need the entire under carpet wiring harness and also the harness for the doors so that you can run your power switches off the door pull.
Back to top Go down
jbmlt1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:54 pm

ya thanks i have the car that the seats came from was hoping there was a trick i was missing thanks for the response
joe
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:22 pm

The only trick I know is you can mount the new seats on the old rails which allows you to have the new seats installed but they would be manual.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:29 pm

From what I understand, it's not that difficult and I will be doing the same in the marshmallow soon. You just need to run the factory harness into the door and to the seat and splice the power and ground (orange and black, I think) to the existing harness. In theory, fairly simple. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:32 pm

The Marshmallow has manual seats? I thought all RMW's had power seats?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

Yeah, so did I... Evil or Very Mad

It has a power driver's seat, but manual passenger. Also doesn't have Twilight Sentinel. Weird.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:35 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

It has a power driver's seat, but manual passenger. Also doesn't have Twilight Sentinel. Weird.

That is odd... That must have been some sort of weird spec order. Atleast you only have to do it to one side of the car Wink
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:48 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

the 96 black wb4 I had from the funeral home, had drivers power seat, manual passenger seat. but DID have twilight sentinel..
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:50 pm

96Brougham wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

the 96 black wb4 I had from the funeral home, had drivers power seat, manual passenger seat. but DID have twilight sentinel..

Ok, people order some weird ass options, seriously... Laughing

(Says the guy with a wagon with a spec order interior Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:52 pm

bammax wrote:
Too bad you didn't ask a couple months ago before I threw out a stand-alone power seat kit.

To do it the factory way you need the entire under carpet wiring harness and also the harness for the doors so that you can run your power switches off the door pull.

Unless you have a set of 12 way Bonnies Wink
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:15 pm

The power goes to the fuse box. The ground wire you can run to the ground location in the drivers footwell. That's how mine was setup.

Power goes from the fuse box to the switch panel (door or seat depending on your setup)
Then wiring harness goes from switch panel to seat rails (hence door and cross car harness replacement)
Then ground comes from seat rail and runs to body ground in footwell

Overall not a bad job if you take your time. I'd personally run my own harness instead of the factory one just to keep things seperated incase of electrical gremlins down the road.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:20 pm

The harness setup is plug and play, it will actually come right out of the interior harness with only a common power (orange) and ground (black) that can be wired right into your harness.

Doug
Back to top Go down
jbmlt1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:17 pm

Thanks guys
Ill let you know how it all works out.
again thanks
joe
Back to top Go down
Waldo617

Waldo617

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:09 pm

I have blue 9C1 power seats but i am taking off the power racks and mounting them on my manual racks that i already have in my car.....which all means less weight...
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:46 pm

I swapped my power drivers to manual rails and the seat got about 20 pounds lighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car   Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone install power seats in a non power seat car
Page 1 of 1