BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?

Go down 
+2
Fishah
Matt Trakker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? Empty
PostSubject: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:23 am

I know I posted a thread like this before when I was asking about tires for my dad's truck which took basically the same wheels and tires, but I'm looking for something more specific now for the Caprice...

I need at least a pair of rear tires for the car because the ones on there are dry and pretty bald too.

I'd like to find a pair of snow tires, but they have to be less than 6 or 7 years old or I'm not really interested in them for aging reasons. I'd also prefer something with a W/W on it but if the tires are nice I don't care.

If not that, does anyone have either a set of the 9c1 black wheels (N97?) with real nice tires on them that wouldn't slide in the snow, or a set of the Caprice lace/snowflake alloy wheels with tires?

I'm seriously considering putting BFG A/T RWL truck tires on this car since they make them in 215 and 225..., I think it would be funny and go great in the snow...but if someone has something more realistic I'd come to my senses... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 pm

Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? IMG_0951
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:46 pm

^^Those'll go in snow
Will keep you sane in NON-snow days (which are substantial) during the season
Snow tires can noisy & slippery especially all terrains lol
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:20 pm

sdstick wrote:
^^Those'll go in snow

Haha, I take it you know this from experience? Very Happy

I actually saw a black SS last night driving in Saugus with the stock wheels on it, so I'm guessing there's some people out there who manage.

I have been eyeing Fishahhhhs tyizz theah but I'm not 100 percent sure I could use them with that tread because I have to park across my yard where there is no driveway,and I might get stuck in the snow there! That and I'm not crazy about the wheels, maybe I could get them painted black though...

I'm going to be running better wheels and tires on this car next spring if I still have it, so if I just have reg. snow tires I think I can deal...but I do get the idea it could be overkill. Could probably put a bunch of sandbags or weight bench plates in the trunk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
sdstick wrote:
^^Those'll go in snow

Haha, I take it you know this from experience? Very Happy

I actually saw a black SS last night driving in Saugus with the stock wheels on it, so I'm guessing there's some people out there who manage.

I have been eyeing Fishahhhhs tyizz theah but I'm not 100 percent sure I could use them with that tread because I have to park across my yard where there is no driveway,and I might get stuck in the snow there! That and I'm not crazy about the wheels, maybe I could get them painted black though...

I'm going to be running better wheels and tires on this car next spring if I still have it, so if I just have reg. snow tires I think I can deal...but I do get the idea it could be overkill. Could probably put a bunch of sandbags or weight bench plates in the trunk.

Actually, the Firehawks do well in the snow. See for yourself.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Indy+500&partnum=56SR5FHI500RWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Good write up on them for those looking,

I bought these tires 2 years ago in November right before snow. The tires have really good performance on the snow (up to 12”) and acceptable on the ice. The tires very good keeping dry or wet road and I was very surprised about comfort. They have no shakes or vibration and pretty quiet on noise. But tires become lose drag performance on the slippery road because tread going to low (6/32”). I could make another 20 000-30 000 miles on this tires, but not in Michigan. Snow coming, it’s time to change tires. Definitely will by again. I will try to find good deal.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Tomz9C1 wrote:
Snow coming, it’s time to change tires. Definitely will by again. I will try to find good deal.
And your not buyin Fishah's tires because..... Question I must be missing something
Anyway I was typing & dumped it but NOONE will ride stock Impala tires all winter, impossible!! Way to wide
Thanks to this cars weight all you need is some thinnish tall tires w/ tread & a little common sense & your FINE
Get caught, rock it a little & off you go
If I didnt have 4 brand new snows I'd be buyin
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 pm

I still have my 225/75's all-season ww's (you'd have to flip them around though) on the chromes. Make me an offer. I'm trying to finance rims and tires for the wagon. Wink

And I have had good luck on snow tires. Both the old style, and the newer, performance style that I currently have on the marshmallow. Old school snows are ok on the rear, but scary on the front. New school snows are barely noticable on all 4 corners. Yeah, I was just as surprised as you! Wink

I would definately stay away from the BFG AT's. I have never had good luck with them. I had them on my old blazer in 33x12.50's and my old Z71 longbed in 265/75/16 (?) and they sucked in the wet. And the snow. And especially in the dry. Loud and slippery. Boo!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:03 pm

A Winter Statistic
98% OF AMERICAN’S SAY 'OH SHIT' BEFORE
GOING IN THE DITCH ON A SLIPPERY ROAD.

THE OTHER 2% ARE FROM New Hampshire
AND THEY SAY, 'HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS.'
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:57 pm

Hahahaha

I got a sweet deal on some new tires today, got Dunlop SP 60 whitewalls put on the stock wheels. I was close to buying some from you guys but I couldn't pass up 70 bucks a tire, free mounting, and free disposal too on tires that are rated almost perfect on TireRack. Cool
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:04 am

The Dunlop SP60 is a great tire. I bought them for my '95 olds 88. When I needed tires for my van I bought them again. Great in all conditions and good wear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?   Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pair of rear tires or possibly a set of 9c1 or alloys w/tires?
Page 1 of 1