BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Discount tire deal/rebate EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Discount tire deal/rebate EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Discount tire deal/rebate

Go down 
+2
sdstick
Matt Trakker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Discount tire deal/rebate Empty
PostSubject: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:01 am

My car is way too big to be running 235/60 BFGs. They look like rubber bands in the wheelwells on this car, they're really for a Camaro or a A/G body and it was driving me insane.

I just ordered a set of four BFG 255/60/15 from here:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do?

The cheapest I could find them in my area, at Bennett St. in Lynn MA, was 115 a tire out the door. It was 135 ea. installed. Tire Rack wanted 85 each, but you gotta factor in the shipping costs. Discount was 96 bucks each:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/bf_goodrich/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=38045&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance&tmn=Radial+T%2FA

Thing of it is, if you buy them (or Michelins) before the 17th, you get a 70 dollar mail in rebate. So I'll be paying 384 with no tax, minus the 70, then factor in whatever I can get for my set of four used but usable smaller BFGs on craigslist (maybe 160 bucks or so) and I'm into a whole set of new tires that I WANT on my car for little more than what I'd have paid to have one mounted and balanced +tax in MA. I think that's a pretty sweet deal. Some of the tires on there (I was looking at the all terrains just out of curiosity and DAMN are they expensive, but someone was telling me the prices on those went up everywhere of the last year or two??) are more money and the selection can be limited, but the old reliable favorite Radial T/As are a good looking tire IMO. They also have rebates on a bunch of other brands there.

We'll see what happens, I'm hoping that I'll be able to have them mounted before I come up to the roundup meet but I won't hold my breath (a friend is supposedly going to mount/balance with stick on weights for me at his dealership...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:11 pm

I got my 255/50/17s from discount direct tire. They were $108ea shipped. Great deal. $432 for 4 tires delivered. cheers
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Call Century Tire (Central st) in Lynn. Ask for Chuck DeSalvo
Tell him Steve Stickney told you to call & have him beat that deal
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:30 am

I bought 4 Falken tires for the impala, $500 installed from the local place, i thought that was a really good deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:17 pm

Dont know if it helps but I work at Sullivan Tire, so if you ever need prices just PM me and i'll get you a price the next day.. Also, if you can bring loose wheels to me, I can mount & balance for free on my day off(mondays).. just keep that in mind guys!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:27 pm

96Brougham wrote:
Dont know if it helps but I work at Sullivan Tire, so if you ever need prices just PM me and i'll get you a price the next day.. Also, if you can bring loose wheels to me, I can mount & balance for free on my day off(mondays).. just keep that in mind guys!

Got room for rims and tires on the cruise? Wink

I got a set of snows mounted on steelies that I need moved over to another set of rims. You can keep the steelies if you want them.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 pm

absoltely crovo! If you give them to me saturday at the cruise I could bring them up to you either that monday night or the next sunday morning.. I dont think i have any need for steelies, as it is I have a set of honeycombs sitting here that im about to turn in for scrap to get myself 50bucks lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:43 pm

96Brougham wrote:
absoltely crovo! If you give them to me saturday at the cruise I could bring them up to you either that monday night or the next sunday morning.. I dont think i have any need for steelies, as it is I have a set of honeycombs sitting here that im about to turn in for scrap to get myself 50bucks lol

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discount tire deal/rebate Affraid Discount tire deal/rebate Affraid Discount tire deal/rebate Affraid

Don't ruin the honeycombs!!!! I'll take them!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:46 pm

I was going to try and sell them but I dont have center caps Sad Theyre silver with black on the inner parts, and the clearcoat is flaking. I was going to remove the clear coat and polish them and have a decent set of wheels but I know ill never do that lol. 2 of the wheels have minor curb rash on the lip also....
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:10 pm

always good to have a inside man and member on the forum. the rims and tires people throw away is unreal.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Haha, as soon as I ordered (paid) for these tires everyone comes out of the woodwork!!! Laughing

I remember Century was cheap, my brother got tires there before on his Roadmaster once.

I still think I got a sweet deal on the BFGs, I did look around and they were way more money everyplace else, plus the shipping was free, then you factor in that rebate and...
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: discount tire deal/ rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:36 pm

lol. ill be glad to meet you sat.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:50 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Haha, as soon as I ordered (paid) for these tires everyone comes out of the woodwork!!! Laughing

Thats always the way it goes
Guess you better post first & go for your wallet second Razz
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:41 pm

sdstick wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

In this case I never even touched my wallet... buying stuff online can be addicting Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
sdstick wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

In this case I never even touched my wallet... buying stuff online can be addicting Shocked
Mail order bride. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:52 am

Matt Trakker wrote:

Matt Trakker wrote:
.......I just ordered a set of four BFG 255/60/15......

I must admit I didnt read it like you wrote it.
Thought you were in the market.
They ARE long running tires tho I've got 48K (retired due to a 1/2" bolt I ran over) & 52K respectively out of 2 pairs. I rotate every 10k or so & I run them WELL beyond what you should
Once the tread wears down they get slippery but no one screws around in the wet...right?
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:14 am

sdstick wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

Matt Trakker wrote:
.......I just ordered a set of four BFG 255/60/15......

I must admit I didnt read it like you wrote it.
Thought you were in the market.
They ARE long running tires tho I've got 48K (retired due to a 1/2" bolt I ran over) & 52K respectively out of 2 pairs. I rotate every 10k or so & I run them WELL beyond what you should
Once the tread wears down they get slippery but no one screws around in the wet...right?

Laughing

Yeah, they're an ancient tire design but I like them, I like that the sidewall isn't all clogged up with modern designs that would clash with my car. I was strongly considering putting the wider thin-stripe whitewalls on there, but my car was factory delivered with no wheelwell moldings or fender skirts, and even though it originally had whitewalls, I think it would look strange with them unless I got some trim pieces. I have fender skirts and NOS mounting hardware but I don't feel like going that direction yet.

But yeah, I run the heck out of my tires too, when I was little my dad would always put BFGs A/Ts on his Bronco and run them up to almost 80K miles! Those trucks had crappy front suspension designs (TTB) that ate tires yet somehow he managed to use them up to that point. Laughing

UPS says the tires should be here on Wednesday/tomorrow! I won't hold my breath but if they are that's pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discount tire deal/rebate   Discount tire deal/rebate Empty

Back to top Go down

Discount tire deal/rebate
Page 1 of 1