BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
New school vs old school wreck EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
New school vs old school wreck EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
New school vs old school wreck EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
New school vs old school wreck EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
New school vs old school wreck EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
New school vs old school wreck EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
New school vs old school wreck EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
New school vs old school wreck EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
New school vs old school wreck EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New school vs old school wreck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bammax

bammax

New school vs old school wreck Empty
PostSubject: New school vs old school wreck   New school vs old school wreck EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:42 pm

Don't know if anyone saw this yet. It's a crash test between a '59 Bel-Air and an '09 Malibu from a million different angles with slow motion and everything. I won't mention the people who suspect the drivetrain was removed and the car was actually rotted out under the nice shiney paint Wink

Crashin Chevy's
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New school vs old school wreck   New school vs old school wreck EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Quote :
The Chevrolet Bel Air was the Toyota Camry of its time -- affordable, stylish and roomy -- and the best-selling car in America in 1959.

That is a fallacy right there. The Camry has never been "affordable, stylish and roomy", and is rather a staid, drab, any-car that is touted to be super reliable, but usually has problems that are not cheap to fix in reality, like steering column parts breaking for no reason, engines sludging up Chrysler LH car-style, and burning oil at 80K miles with soot all over the back bumper. I don't usually insult other people's cars, but I HATE those things. I call the owners Camry-Nazis. Why insult the Chevy by making the comparison?

I think there is something wrong with that test too. I hit a Corolla (which is actually more reliable than the Camry) with my green Impala about five years ago- I was traveling on a 4 lane road, 2 lanes in each direction, in the inner lane. I saw the car sitting at the exit to a Stop and Shop waiting to pull out, and I was going about 30-35. Five, maybe ten seconds go by. Right when I get up on her, she decides to pull right out, across the right hand lane, and right in front of me, even though I tried to avoid the accident and went into an oncoming lane, she kept coming out. My car ripped the entire front of the Corolla off and sent a shower of plastic parts up the street, my father nor I were wearing seatbelts and we didn't even move other than the reflex associated with an impending accident, and my car didn't even slow down from the impact, just from the brakes. Her car spun 90 degrees too, and the five people stuffed inside went all over the place. My car had no damage, the cops were complimenting me on my car and yelling at the other party because they were making a scene and shouting...we went to get pizza after the accident. Her car was totaled (she lied and tried to blame me for the accident since I obviously had the right of way and couldn't be expected to accommodate someone running afoul of the rules of the road) from a bent subframe or something like that too!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New school vs old school wreck   New school vs old school wreck EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:07 am

http://www.vimeo.com/1553230

Interesting vid-

That car came up for auction recently and I guess didn't make the reserve price- I think this video was made to promote it. The car that Kramer drove on Seinfeld was on of the Impalas with airbags in it, but no one seems to know where it is now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New school vs old school wreck   New school vs old school wreck EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:44 am

It sould have read, The Chevrolet Bel Air was the new Chevrolet Malibu of its time -- affordable, stylish and roomy -- and the best-selling car in America in 1959. Which for what it is, is a great car. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New school vs old school wreck   New school vs old school wreck EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:45 am

Matt Trakker wrote:
http://www.vimeo.com/1553230

Interesting vid-

That car came up for auction recently and I guess didn't make the reserve price- I think this video was made to promote it. The car that Kramer drove on Seinfeld was on of the Impalas with airbags in it, but no one seems to know where it is now!

OMG that caprice/impala looks just like the one I had.
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: New school vs old school wreck   New school vs old school wreck EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Quote :
The Chevrolet Bel Air was the Toyota Camry of its time -- affordable, stylish and roomy -- and the best-selling car in America in 1959.

That is a fallacy right there. The Camry has never been "affordable, stylish and roomy

Well, if it's the best selling car in America I would think there are more than a few that disagree. Those 2.2 motors are literally bulletproof, I have over 250,000mi on mine. I don't put any money in it, pound the snot out of it and I'll still get I could still sell it for a couple of bucks for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New school vs old school wreck   New school vs old school wreck Empty

Back to top Go down

New school vs old school wreck
Page 1 of 1