BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Hey everyone EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Hey everyone EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Hey everyone EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Hey everyone EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Hey everyone EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Hey everyone EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Hey everyone EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Hey everyone EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Hey everyone

Go down 
+7
Tomz9C1
Matt Trakker
BoSStonsSS
boojum
Fishah
LandMaster
01impalalsdriver
11 posters
AuthorMessage
01impalalsdriver

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:13 am

Whats up everyone? I'm Mike, and I am the proud owner of a 2001 chevy impala LS. Always been a fan of the impala's first time I get chance to own one.... very excited. Look to do some mods, obviously rims, tint, and a nice sound system. Also was thinkin about supercharging the engine... any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:38 am

Welcome Mike, do you know what size the engine is? I thnk they made an impalSS model from that generation that was supercharged if you were curious I think it was the 3800 V6 but don't qoute me on that. Some good mods for that car would deffinitly be stuff like cold air intake, and a nice set of rims and tints looks sick on that generation Impala
Back to top Go down
01impalalsdriver

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:00 am

you're right it is a 3800 v6
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:48 pm

unless you got them already see if you can get triple tread good years, my old mans gotem on his and they are a good year round tire for grip in ANYTHING
Back to top Go down
01impalalsdriver

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:07 pm

hey how do I get information and stuff like that on joining this club
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 pm

pretty much post a question in one of the relavent topic areas, then most of the time if some one has the answer they will post a reply.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 pm

Welcome to the forum.

See.. The thing is this club was kinda founded to unite 91-96 GM B and D bodies. Caprices, Impalas, Roadmasters, Custom Cruisers and Fleetwoods.

Sadly, your car is not one of those.

So - there is no real 'joining' of the club. You kinda just show up and your in. Your more than welcome to come to meets and events and hopefully learn that there are way better Impala's than the one you have.

However, your car wont be able to participate in Cruises, or Drag Racing, or any car specific events.

You could always sell your Wimpala, buy a real Impala, then you'd automatically be in.
Back to top Go down
boojum

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Damn, I was goona say you have buy pizza for everyone at the next mod day. Smile Thanks Fishah. Sad
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Or impalaforums.com any year impala
Back to top Go down

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:49 am

Welcome to the fold.

And while this forum is open to the 91-96 RWD Impala, your are welcome to hang here.

But Fisher is correct, the impalaforums.com does cover your year better than we would here.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 pm

White93ltz wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

See.. The thing is this club was kinda founded to unite 91-96 GM B and D bodies. Caprices, Impalas, Roadmasters, Custom Cruisers and Fleetwoods.

So - there is no real 'joining' of the club. You kinda just show up and your in. Your more than welcome to come to meets and events and hopefully learn that there are way better Impala's than the one you have.

However, your car wont be able to participate in Cruises, or Drag Racing, or any car specific events.

You could always sell your Wimpala, buy a real Impala, then you'd automatically be in.

LOL

What about 74 Impalas! Am I grandfathered in? Laughing
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:42 pm

LOL

What about 74 Impalas! Am I grandfathered in?

Yes.
Back to top Go down

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:49 pm

White93ltz wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

Since when?

This coming from a guy who does not even own a b-body anymore. You bringing the Honda to the cruise again this year? scratch

Insulting someones car is not how we roll over here at BADASS CENTRAL Fisha! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 am

Well he's not eligable for ECIRS.....

You really want a Wimpala in the middle of our cruise?

---

I've got no car for the cruise.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:52 am

We should have an Annual "run what you brung cruise".
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:16 am

Got to disagree Tom, "BADASS" is for B & D car owners 1991 to 1996. We have common interests and problems. There are other associations for other types of cars, that have their common interests and problems, which are different than ours.

To have other than B & D's attend functions doesn't make sense, nor would it make sense for us to attend other groups functions where we don't have a common interest.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:05 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Got to disagree Tom, "BADASS" is for B & D car owners 1991 to 1996. We have common interests and problems. There are other associations for other types of cars, that have their common interests and problems, which are different than ours.

To have other than B & D's attend functions doesn't make sense, nor would it make sense for us to attend other groups functions where we don't have a common interest.

Tom C.

Although I technically own a car that doesn't fall within that realm (as far as year) I have to agree with the basic point here.

His FWD Impala shares essentially not one part, maybe not even any fasteners, with any other Impala, as that car is a W-body. It has more in common with the 88-up Pontiac Grand Prix, Olds Cutlass Supreme, Chevy Lumina, and Buick Regals than any B, C, or D body car, so he actually wouldn't actually find many benefits here by being a member, no one would have advice on diagnosing problems with his car, which are unique to his model, unless they were a GM tech or had enough general vehicle knowledge to span numerous models of one make or something. He'd literally be wasting his time unless he was looking to get into an Impala SS or direct relative.

There IS a W-body forum site that he could join, I used to have a FWD Grand Prix a long time ago and joined it for that, it's probably still there. Those cars have random problems with brake calipers freezing up and everything, and I found solutions on there.

On FullSizeChevy.com, we have a ton of people who don't even own Chevys anymore, but they stay and hang out. One kid is antagonistic about it with his Ford Ranger and calls our trucks toilets, etc. He used to have one then crashed it (I think), then got a Ranger. There are other who had to sell theirs but still stay on the forum.
However, those members are people who at least had one of the vehicles at one point, and that huge forum has tens of thousands of members where 90-95 percent have an FSC, so it doesn't actually matter. This forum is smaller, more personal, and more centralized to New England.

In my own defense (LOL) my Chevy (71-76) shares most of the same underpinnings and other structural items/assembly architecture with a 96 B and is essentially it's earliest relative (as I guess the older Chevrolets used more different structural designs?), the 77-90 Chevrolets use the same frame, I think even floor pans and associated parts as a 91-96 to the point where the bodies are interchangeable, the 91-93 has the same exact drivetrain as an 89-90 Chevrolet as far as EFI and the same engines overall back until about 198-? , there are tons of tie-ins and lineage associated between all the full size GM cars. I've helped my brother with his Roadmaster and thought it was funny how some of the maintenance items are the same as my car.

I joined because I got an email from Rich on here when he saw one of my craigslist ads and said I should list the part here (that Roadmaster bumper) since someone might need it because they're kind of a pain to find, I didn't know about this forum (I lurked at the ImpalaSSforum) and thought it was cool and even better because it was local and more personal, and figured my car might at least sort of fit in until I get an Impala SS or Roadmaster sedan.

If I wear my "Lord Vader, Your Car is Ready" shirt, can I stay and participate in events? Laughing geek
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:54 am

Matt, a family always shows respect to the grandfather. The grandfather would always be welcome.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 am

Never know, hanging out here might make anyone who does not own a b-body might be inclind to buy one in the future, lord knows they are pretty cheap to buy and run for damn near ever, and he might just part with that Winpala and enjoy the fruits of the earlier years.

I just hate to keep anyone from having a good time, and this site is a great hang out for most of us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:42 am

Yeah, the title does say "enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars"...does an enthusiast have to own one...yet? Although it sounds like he's really into the car he has now.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:42 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Matt, a family always shows respect to the grandfather. The grandfather would always be welcome.

Tom C.

Wooo!
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Half these guys don't even drive a b-body once it starts snowing. Guess that means we should throw them out in the winter? And then there are those who are rebuilding their b-body and can't drive it yet. Guess we should throw them out too? Considering he's got an Impala and lives in New England why make a big deal out of it. Most of us don't deal with the ECIRS anyway and it's not their club so who cares about who they let race when they come up here once a year.

He might not find as specific info as he needs all the time, but I know for a fact a few of us know a fair bit about cars in general and some of us have a bit of experience with the 3800's and fwd's in general.

And if you only go by the description at the top of the page then those with the Pontiac b-body are shit out of luck for no particular reason Suspect
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:50 pm

silverfox103 wrote:

Tom C.

Sweet, so if I build a box Caprice I would still be ok since, by this logic, I believe I would be "The Father"? Razz Not to mention the 5 bubbles I have in the yard in various stages of disassembly.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:16 pm

I didn't say he wasn't welcome. I just said he couldn't drag race (because he's not eligable) and he couldn't partake in the cruise with his car.
Back to top Go down

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:21 pm

He has not posted in a few, so chances are he won't be back.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 6:16 pm

No Moa wrote:
Never know, hanging out here might make anyone who does not own a b-body might be inclind to buy one in the future, lord knows they are pretty cheap to buy and run for damn near ever, and he might just part with that Winpala and enjoy the fruits of the earlier years.

I just hate to keep anyone from having a good time, and this site is a great hang out for most of us.

I think that's where he was heading, wanting a 91-96 B or D body. I don't think we should discourage but encourage. Wink
Back to top Go down
boojum

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Pepperoni
Back to top Go down

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm

boojum wrote:
Pepperoni
Jim
You been breathing in welded brake cleaner again. scratch
Back to top Go down
boojum

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
boojum wrote:
Pepperoni
Jim

I thought it would be more fun than invoking Godwin's law. I stay awake nights "dreaming" this stuff up. Smile
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:02 am

boojum wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
boojum wrote:
Pepperoni
Jim

I thought it would be more fun than invoking Godwin's law. I stay awake nights "dreaming" this stuff up. Smile

Lol'd Hard!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey everyone   Hey everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Introductions and signiture testing-
Jump to: