BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Tedy Bruschi Retires

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Tedy Bruschi Retires Empty
PostSubject: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:12 pm

If you have not heard, Tedy Bruschi retired today.
Thank you Tedy for 5 AFC championships and 3 superbowl wins and 13 years as a NE Patriot. You da man.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:33 pm

He was a lot of fun to watch. I'll miss him!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:13 pm

From both superbowls they won the only thing I remember clearly is a clip of him running around on the field before the game with his 2 little boys playing tackle daddy. He goes in a special place in Pats history along with Troy Brown and Adam Vinatieri
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 pm

Your aware they won three superbowls, right Brad?
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:22 pm

Oh yeah. I forget about the eagles since by that time I was just so used to them winning that I stopped counting Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:33 pm

Oh, and NEVER NEVER compare Troy Brown and Tedy to Adam Vinateri. That's not even close.

Troy and Tedy were lifelong Patriots that lived and breathed the Patriot way. They were undersized brilliant leaders that did everything they were asked to do and more.

Adam Vinateri is a traitor.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:45 pm

I like Vinny. It's just too bad that he left to chase money instead of sticking around for the fans. Have to admit though, he got more money and won another championship.

Back to Bru. If I remember right didn't the Pats invent their much imitated defense specifically so that he could play rover in the middle? I remember hearing that on a behind the scenes thing about the Pats a few years ago. They said he was too big to be a safety and too small to be a prototypical linebacker at that time so they aligned the defense around him in the middle playing "the box" as it's called in the afl.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 10:50 pm

He was a Defensive Lineman in college that they converted to a Middle Line Backer.
--

The Pats for years have run a 3-4 defense. Meaning, they had 4 linebackers. Bruschi has always shared the middle of the feild with another MLB. They hardly created the defense just for him.

Interesting though, the Pats for 2009 have switched to a 4-3 Defense. They have made this switch to cater directly toward Bruschi replacement - Jerod Mayo. This was he can truly use his athleticism and roam the middle of the field. Bruschi never had the physical athleticism to fill that role.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:25 pm

The New England Patriots have released a statement from owner Robert Kraft on linebacker Tedy Bruschi's retirement.

"For the past 13 seasons, Tedy Bruschi helped define what it means to be a New England Patriot. The heart and soul of the defense during the most successful era in the history of the franchise, Tedy also served as an example to every new Patriot of what it takes to be a champion on and off the field.

"Tedy’s tenacity as a player made him a fan favorite long before he helped bring three Super Bowl championships to New England. His remarkable and courageous return to the field following a stroke only added to his legend as one of the most significant and memorable athletes in the history of New England sports.

"We are blessed in so many ways to have had Tedy Bruschi as a career Patriot.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi Retires   Tedy Bruschi Retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Tedy Bruschi Retires
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Bad talk-
Jump to: