I'd always heard to wear welding eye protection, but never had heard the "or else........." So one time when my hood kept getting on the way on an exhaust job, I took it off to see if I could see the area of the exhaust I was trying to weld without it. I could, so from less than a foot a way - I let it rip (and rip and rip and rip). Like a sunburn, it got worse as the sun dropped until I ended up in the ER at 3am with ice bags on my eyes. I had to get a morphine shot in the rear hip just to have my eyes PRYED open in a pitch black room so they could put in novacain eye drops. I'd severly burnt both eyes, missed 3 days from work, had to have ointment applied directly to my eyeballs 3 times a day for a week, and had a hard time driving for almost a month. I learned a valuable lesson that day, and I think you can agree - that if you're going to weld without any eye protection at all, at least close one friggin eye!
I was cleaning an apartment one time and the toilet was a trainwreck, so I poured in an entire bottle of Tidy Bowl. After about 15 minutes, the stains wouldn't budge, so ....... I figured, Hey - nothing kicks a stain's ass like bleach - so I added in a half gallon of bleach and started scrubbing like crazy. I didn't realize that Tidy Bowl is almost completely ammonia, so adding in the bleach created a HUGE batch of mustard gas. Before I knew wtf had hit me, I had to crawl to the door for fresh air and hacked and caughed so hard I thought my lungs were turning themselves inside out. I don't know if it's related or not, but this past semester in college - we did testing to evaluate total lung capacity and despite being the biggest person in the class, my lung capacity was 30% below that of an AVERAGE persons.
Point being, for real this time - not only to PLEASE read labels - but also PLEASE PLEASE only use ONE cleaning product at a time.
Keep it safe guys - and +1 on Crovo's thoughts to get your ass to the Dr ASAP if something is wrong. I didn't go after the mustard gas ordeal and learned later that I should have been put on pure oxygen ASAP to counteract the poison I'd huffed in.