BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 pm

What roomy 4door sedan has heated seats and RDS on the radio and is priced at less than $25 grand??? American or Domestic.

Help me out. Might be buying a new car for my wife. Will trade in Big Ugly for it's clunkerishness and her 03 STS, too. Should have about $10500-$11000 in trade right there... So that would get us a BRAND NEW, warranteed, pos that should be good for the next 10 years or so for her. Perfect "mind-easer" with the baby, too. I mentioned it to the wife, and she said it sounded like a good idea. To knock it out of the park, it has to be fairly low payment, so I am trying to keep the car sub-$25K or financing $10-15K.

So help me shop. I like the idea of a G8 or a G8 GT. But pricey. I found a gorgeous red/red & black one 2 miles from my house but it's $34K with $4k cash allowance. $20K is more than we want to finance. Accord and Altima are expensive too, with heated seats. Rogue? Sonata? G6? Saturn something? Impala? Malibu? Camry? Boo! Rav4? Boo!

What do you sugest? I'm very curious to see what you'd recommend!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: thinking of putting the cash for clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:51 pm

bill you better hurry. there thinking about suspending the program. soon. just saw it on the breaking news. on computer.
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Crovo,

Have you had Big-Ugly for a year?
----

Over the weekend I bought a brand new 2009 Toyota Rav4 Limited with my Grandmother. It was a 270HP V6, 4wd, Limited. It had leather, heated seats, lumbar and every other option except NAV.

List was around $33k, but we paid $26,500 after trade in. Our trade in was $4400.

Sounds like it could be in your pricerange?
-----------------------------------

Accord is a great car too. We're very happy with our 2001. How expensive are they?

Malibu I heard was good from many people - My grandmother did not think it was a good car though. She said it felt somewhat antiquated compared to some of the other options out there.

I didn't even know you can still buy G8's new? Are the V6 Versions that much?

What about the Hyundai Genesis? It's 32k for the V6 version. That would be $27.5k after trade in if you couldn't haggle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Malibu LTZ or Impala LTZ FTW. Wink Both should get the $4500 with CFC.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Bill, we were looking for a list price around $25K, so the trade and CFC would bring the financed amount to $10-15K after "haggling."

Looks like it doesn't matter now anyways. Looks like CFC is cancelled.

Great change, nObama. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:59 pm

I'm actually glad it's been canceled. When it comes down to it, there weren't many good cars you could buy that fit the rules of the program, and a lot of privileged people were ditching cars that most other people would be more than happy with:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1147172

So sickening!

You can find a good solid car on CL for 1500 bucks, I don't see what the problem is with people being so greedy these days, that they always need new cars. This program is doing just what all the mortgage lenders did to create our current economic situation. I could care less what people think about my car, I don't need a new one I can't afford! This program wasn't "green" at all, either. Half the vehicles being junked get decent MPG and are reliable models. Trucks don't count, trucks are utensils that help society get things done, and most economical small trucks weren't really useful for anything other than dump runs or putting 15" wide rims on back in 1991 for a mini truck show. Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:09 am

I can't believe you linked to a F*rd forum!!! Boo!!!!

lol!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this bill at all, either. It doesn't accomplish anything but allowing those who can afford to maintain these "clunkers" to trade in a perfectly good running car on a brandy new one. For the most part, the ones that REALLY need to get off the road, their owners could never afford a payment, so they wouldn't be traded anyways.

So yeah, I see that this is a total bullshit bill. And I was/am pretty pissed about it myself.

But, it was also a way to get rid of my old truck and her semi-ailing STS (which would be a regular trade, not a CFC one) and end up with a new, warranteed car to cart the baby around in.

Hey, if ya can't beat em...

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:05 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I can't believe you linked to a F*rd forum!!! Boo!!!!

lol!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this bill at all, either. It doesn't accomplish anything but allowing those who can afford to maintain these "clunkers" to trade in a perfectly good running car on a brandy new one. For the most part, the ones that REALLY need to get off the road, their owners could never afford a payment, so they wouldn't be traded anyways.

So yeah, I see that this is a total bullshit bill. And I was/am pretty pissed about it myself.

But, it was also a way to get rid of my old truck and her semi-ailing STS (which would be a regular trade, not a CFC one) and end up with a new, warranteed car to cart the baby around in.

Hey, if ya can't beat em...

*sigh*

Haha, true, although someone sent me that link...hell the damned people over there don't even know that Caprice wagons came with the LT1. [Didn't they?] geek

I was telling my dad to turn in his 88 Silverado then I saw what was going on and couldn't believe how wasteful it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:02 pm

There is going to be a part two to the CFC program.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Cash for clunkers car

FORD TOUGH run it tell it blows bronco

Volvo Cash for Clunkers Engine Disabling

Cash for clunkers kill the chevy

Cash For Clunker Engine Stop Lynch GM Superstore

Cash For Clunkers - The Untold Story

Trashing a Chevy Pickup - Cash For Clunkers

A part of my soul died watching these, I really feel like crying...like I saw someone killed. If these cars are such toilets why is it so hard to conk them out? Absolute travesty. What pisses me off the most is that these cars are better than mine for the most part, yet they're being trashed, and will likely be crushed before even any parts are removed. That Bronco didn't even have rot on it, detail and go through it, and it would be like a 5-6K truck in New England if you found the right buyer.

And we're supposed to entrust the same idiots who came up with this with our healthcare system? Thanks but no thanks! These people getting new cars are just gonna wind up in debt too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 10:01 pm

This is the only one that made me cry. Crying or Very sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN27mEn2_xA#ws-lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 10:37 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
This is the only one that made me cry. Crying or Very sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN27mEn2_xA#ws-lq-lq2-hq-vhq-hd

Yeah, that got to me. Wtf!

There was a vid with a RMW too.

Just a sin. The people laughing while trashing these things must have gotten hit in the head during little league or something. Demo derbies are one thing because a lot of the cars are crapcans, but how can someone feel validated or humorous after trashing something that's perfectly useful? How about we go break some windows while we're at it and do the Beavis and Butthead laugh.

Huh huh huh huh huh huh
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:46 am

Sorry to dredge this up but I figured I'd mention, there appears to be a BBB Impala SS that was CFC'd sitting behind Pride Chevrolet on the Lynnway in Lynn, MA. Saw it tonight when my friend dropped off a truck to get worked on. Had 9C1 wheels and bumper stickers on the back. Maybe there's a way to snag that car...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...   Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of puttng the Cash for Clunkers to use...
Page 1 of 1