BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?

Go down 
+5
Ironfistdog
MalibuSSwagon
Pooge
sdstick
8bud
9 posters
AuthorMessage
8bud

8bud

Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:44 am

Got my S10 project running (bout time!) but it shuts off after one second of running. The place that tuned my pcm (current performance) claims they definitely disabled the vats in my pcm, but it seems like it would have to be that since it keeps shutting off instantly and we have tried several other troubleshooting possibilities with no luck. Does anyone have an obd1 pcm thhas the vats disabled that I can plug in just to see if the truck will stay running? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:34 am

Dont have a pcm but its not an oil pressure switch thing right?
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Yup not the issue, thanks for the input, Steve. Open to any and all suggestions, but this seems the most likely possibility at this point. PCM anyone? Or the ability to plug mine in and check if the vats is indeed off?
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:57 am

I dont think I have one, but I will check. If I do it would be stock though...

How about getting this cable and free software? Cheap option and would give you some room to mess around...

https://badass-of-ne.forumotion.com/t6290-wtb-tuner-software-suggestions
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:13 pm

To flash the PCM, you need the WinFlash program from Tunercats, which has a free 30 day trial Wink
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 6:59 pm

What fuel pump are you running in the truck?

Did you check for bad ICM already?
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 9:02 am

Def sounds like VATS. Just went through this with 94 9C1. I believe my tech eliminated all the VATS related components, PLUGGED the PCM in from PCM forless and she's been firing true since. Not sure when I'll be down that way again but could make it happen. If I do I'll PM you.
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Okay, so I found a stock pcm from a 95 impala in my pile of parts. So I have that. Next step is to get the vats turned off so I can plug it min and at least see if the truck will stay running. I put a fuel pump from an impala in it, so that should be ok. Have not checked the computer for the truck...that's my issue here. The only vats related component I would have in this project is the pcm. Anyone local that you guys can recommend that I can bring the spare pcm to and have them eliminate the vats?
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Instead of eliminating it you might be able to use one of these to simulate the signal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-VATS-or-PASSkey-II-Bypass-Module-For-LS1-and-LT1-/281813159375?hash=item419d5f8dcf:g:sysAAOSwN81WEYiu&vxp=mtr
ebay link.

might be less $ than paying for a tune if the tune is already ok on the PCM.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 4:47 pm

8bud wrote:
Okay, so I found a stock pcm from a 95 impala in my pile of parts. So I have that. Next step is to get the vats turned off so I can plug it min and at least see if the truck will stay running. I put a fuel pump from an impala in it, so that should be ok. Have not checked the computer for the truck...that's my issue here. The only vats related component I would have in this project is the pcm. Anyone local that you guys can recommend that I can bring the spare pcm to and have them eliminate the vats?

I don't know of anyone local, most tuners have moved on to the LSx side of things.

http://lt1swap.com/programming.htm
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:24 pm

I know a local guy. You would have bring the PCM to him. Check one or reprogram the other, your choice.
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:32 am

Thanks, Guys. I may send it out to the guy Eric suggested, but I might get ahold of you Jim to have your guy do it. When I get some spare timeI'll figure it out. I have to hurry up, I promised Crovo he could drive it. Of course that was like three years ago now Surprised
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 12:44 pm

I found a couple PCMs yesterday while unsuccessfully searching for my inch & a half open end wrench. Shoot me a text.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?   Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have an obd1 pcm with vats disabled that I can borrow/buy?
Page 1 of 1