BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Hello anyone home? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Hello anyone home? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Hello anyone home? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Hello anyone home? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Hello anyone home? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Hello anyone home? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Hello anyone home? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Hello anyone home? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Hello anyone home? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Hello anyone home?

Go down 
+8
Cadet57
toomanytoyz
GasTT
cloud 9
MASShole9C1
MalibuSSwagon
boojum
silverfox103
12 posters
AuthorMessage
silverfox103

silverfox103

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Been awful quite around here?

Tom
Back to top Go down
boojum

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 8:19 pm

I've been busy working on my getting out of the game plan.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 9:06 pm

garage work sleep for me lately.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Sure has been.

But, it's been that way for a while now.

I wonder why. Facebook is quicker and more convenient. The economy has hurt a lot of people. New family members. We've lost active members along the way. Some members have had their cars totaled. Some members have "gotten out" of the B body "game".

I try to keep my threads going, but it's just a log/timeline. Not much interaction. Usually the same 2-6 people commenting and posting anything.

Sorry if that sounds negative.
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Still here. I bought Billys SS wheels to have a set for "smokin tires" Twisted Evil And I am trying to get all my ducks in a row with the 6 speed swap. It may take me awhile to get all of the parts together, and my brother seems like he is warming up to taking on this task with me. May not be this year but I believe it will happen.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:00 pm

hi What a Face

been busy here in FL. working 60+ hours a week restoring classic cars. metal fab, bodywork, painting, you name it I do it all. Spent the past two months bodyworking and painting a '74 VW Thing. It's perfect. When I get home, more car stuff. Building a motor for this Impala.

Hello anyone home? 10857754_10152525856513947_2205509358114839549_n

Car shows whenever I get a chance. There's at least 3 every week. Even in "winter".

Hello anyone home? 10418340_10152266953193947_6362718565969359538_n

After the turn of the year, I'll be tearing apart and body working/ painting my wagon. Rust repair, color change. After that, my caprice will come into the shop for a frame off.

Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:36 pm

Hey Tim

Sounds like you have a great job; learning, something you like to do, access to the shop and plenty of hours. Looks like you adapted to FL pretty well. See you in Daytona in March. We're heading down in less than 3 weeks.

Tom
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:58 am

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Sure has been.

But, it's been that way for a while now.

I wonder why. Facebook is quicker and more convenient. The economy has hurt a lot of people. New family members. We've lost active members along the way. Some members have had their cars totaled. Some members have "gotten out" of the B body "game".

I try to keep my threads going, but it's just a log/timeline. Not much interaction. Usually the same 2-6 people commenting and posting anything.

Sorry if that sounds negative.

You also have to think about the limited audience here, this isn't a national forum.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 11:14 am

That's a good point, Eric. I've been a member here, since shortly after the clubs *forums inception in 2009. It was plenty more active then. No comparison. I never post over on ISSF. There's 311 members here. Like I said, there's not many that post or get involved anymore. I'm not complaining. I'm happy to be here. It was brought up, there's my reasoning.

Last edited by MASShole9C1 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:09 pm

Actually, the club was started closer to 2000. Wink

I'm still around. Busy with the kids, the house, getting rid of stuff for money due to no work... Facebook is more convenient, as I never really "surf" anymore...

I may sell the Marshmallow. Maybe not. I'm convinced I was going to, but maybe I'll throw a set of gears, a tune, and a new front end at it. Or not. Seems I just don't have the time (or enthusiasm) for it anymore with the kids. Priorities change. Now I just want something fun, newer, and gets better mileage to do the commute and kid hauling in. We'll see....

Oh, and Merry Christmas, guys and gals. In case I forget to stop back by. Wink santa
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
MalibuSSwagon

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:56 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
That's a good point, Eric. I've been a member here, since shortly after the clubs inception in 2009. It was plenty more active then. No comparison. I never post over on ISSF. There's 311 members here. Like I said, there's not many that post or get involved anymore. I'm not complaining. I'm happy to be here. It was brought up, there's my reasoning.

I hear ya, I enjoy the community here, good group of people here.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 1:38 am

Fixt Wink
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 10:39 am

I haven't even been lurking much. The wagon is dead and not even in storage yet, I've been sick as hell the past three weeks, and my new (well now almost former) job is running me ragged, and its winter. No time for cars. It's model train time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:41 pm

My wagon has just been sitting next to the garage for months. My '06 Silverado became my daily driver because I feel better about hauling my kids around in it from a safety standpoint, even though rear legroom sucks. I'd like to do a bunch of stuff to the wagon, but have no place to do it. One bay in my garage is home to a developing subframe-off endeavor on a '76 Trans Am and the other keeps my GTO out of the elements.

I do check in pretty regularly.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Seems like everyone's up to their neck in crap lately and I'm not an exception.  Been busy with work, car problems, and also trying to sell my dad's old truck and Chrysler for him.  The car is being shipped to NYC, a guy in Queens is buying it that has been emailing me back and forth for over a year.  Just had people come see the c1500 today from NH, for some reason thinking that, in spite of my "Matt Trakkeresque" verbose craigslist ad, the truck would be a good daily driver even though it's priced around 500 bucks and clearly needs to be gone through. Rolling Eyes

My dad spun a bearing in my old Blazer because he didn't change the damned oil in it so that's been sitting since the summer.  The Caprice has blown exh. donuts and also seems to be losing coolant in an unknown location.  So I'm waiting for him to be all "help me with this".

This week was nothing but car problems for me. Just had the SS throw the Gatorback belt I put on this summer off, it frayed.  Don't know what that's about, but I was planning on putting the car away in the yard until March anyway. The transmission is still going excellent.

The old Impala is away pretty much, I drove it one last time because the roads were clean and then for god knows what reason 114 in Middleton was loaded with salt.  It wasn't even cold enough for ice. Some got on the car before I said "F this" and turned back.  I flipped out. Then got home finding that most of the headlights were either totally or half (high beam only) burnt out.

The Astro has some kind of water leak in the hatch like they all do so the whole floor got wet under my tools and crap, had to pull it all out and remove my soaking drop cloth so it can dry (freeze) on the back deck.  

I was driving the Tahoe on Friday night to drop someone off so they could pick up an '03 CrovoSabre (they had just bought [not from Crovo] and then had die on them) from a dealers' shop in Peabody.  Suddenly I noticed the truck chugging and whatnot when I pulled away from a light, then it cleared up.  Next light, way worse...pulled into that guy's lot with the truck running like major ass and my check engine light flashing on and off.  When I restarted it to go home (freaking out because I've never had a problem with this thing of this type), I got out onto the street and booked it, knowing I needed to get the thing home quick...right then some idiot in a Ranger vapidly rolls out in front of me and does 18 MPH all the way to 128 through multiple intersections and turns, sitting at lights when they could have gone right on red, going over the lines, blah blah.  Got on the highway and gave the truck an "Italian Tune Up" and when I got to Reading, it was running fine.  Sat. morning I stopped by a shop I know and the guy read then cleared the codes for me, po300 for random misfire and po174 for running lean on bank 2.  Friday morning I'd gotten some gas for that truck, it was low, and I only put about 15 bucks in it since gas is going down (I barely drive the Tahoe, I mainly beat the bag out of the Astro van lol).  I think that combined with the fact I put a little 2-stroke synthetic oil in the tank (google it) probably loosened some crap up that clogged my fuel filter and then cleared. I'm monitoring the truck and driving it more to see what happens but so far it's running a lot smoother than it did before this had happened.

Shocked

This is just a crappy, depressing time of the year, holidays and all, not going to lie or sugarcoat it. You can't get anywhere on the roads, bunch of selfish materialistic people bombing around in Honda Pilots just to buy crap made in China so they can "keep up appearances" and give it to other people who probably got them the same thing by mistake, and then take pictures to tag themselves in on FB. Can you tell I quite literally have no social life?
I can't wait for it to be early spring and like 60 degrees or above again.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go sit in my van and be creepy someplace. Razz
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Lol, I had a post like Matt's yesterday but when I hit submit it vanished. Gave up and went to bed.

Same thing as him pretty much! Still trying to get rid of one car, trying to put together a different vehicle to replace the cougar as DD, and still nursing the cougar along.

My Caprice was untouched all year, I bolted the body down that's it. I've been back and forth to California for training and working 7 days a week. Now it's winter so when it does snow (which it hasn't really yet so thats a good thing with my current attitude towards plowing) I don't get to sleep and have to go plow the shit. Anyway, the caprice is in storage about an hour away. I'd like to work on it and get it all set and ready to run, but chances of that happening are slim. Need to coordinate with the land lord when I can get there and I'd have to move parts and tools. Juice aint worth the squeeze sometimes! Maybe I'll get something done...I hope!

Anyway, that's why its dead here I guess. No one has time for anything or has more pressing issues to deal with than project cars.

Back to top Go down
fatvet

fatvet

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:02 pm

On my end, i am enjoying riding the wave....of no issues that is !
I just drive the car everyday.

I lurk here cuz you guys seem to know way more than me anyway.

I have emissions test next month, so i will just clear the CEL before the test
got a pass CAT that is likely just old...

usually a can of Chevron and 3/4 tank with a warm motor before i clear the CEL and it passes... :-)

I am stripping my stockers, i have a thread on ISSF. goal is to be done by summer.
-ALF out..
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386222
Sponsored content

Hello anyone home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello anyone home?   Hello anyone home? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello anyone home?
Page 1 of 1