BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Some of you probably remember my old 93 Blazer.  The 2dr Tahoe looking one.  I sold that truck to my dad a while ago when I got the black Tahoe.

A few months ago my dad parked it because "something was wrong with the brakes"...meaning it probably needed front pads and rotors, lol.  He didn't start it and the worthless Optima Red Top (never again) died.  I took it out and charged it (takes forever), then started the truck up to let it run.  This has happened before when he parked it and didn't use it for whatever reason, i forget what the last thing he had to get fixed was.

Anyway, I ran it for about 25 minutes while a guy showed up here to buy a pair of old snow tires I had on CL.  At this point the truck started right up and had run fine.  Also, before starting it, I checked the oil and the coolant, the coolant was a little low so I topped it off (I think the lower hose seeps at the clamp). The oil was dirty-ish but full. Suddenly I hear a knock that sounded distinctly lower end, and I ran over and shut it off.  Told my father and showed him what happened, started it quick for a couple seconds and shut it off, still knocked.

My question is, I am to assume that since there is a knock present, that this engine hath shat the bed?  I just wanted to be sure here.  This engine has something like 280K on it, I need to go and look. I am almost certain my friggin' father drove the truck in the style of "put gas in it, just replace stuff if it breaks".  I don't know how many miles were on the oil change.  I'm assuming the pump pickup got clogged with sludge/crap from being dirty and also sitting, and when I ran it for the 25 minutes, it spun a main.  I have never had this happen before in my presence, then again, I change my oil all the time, so...

I don't know if the truck will be fixed or not.  It's not completely trashed, and my dad drove it all the time until he parked it, but it has lower quarter and rocker rust as well as in some other typical 2dr areas, broken driver's seat, and some other nickel and dime crap done to it that I can't remember.  I'm just completely bullshit because over the years I owned that stupid thing I must've put 12 grand into it, and now it's dead.  I had some idiot kid on a motorcycle lane split and slam into the driver's side, and instead of putting the money his insurance company paid me toward a new truck, I spent it on having it fixed and the entire driver's side repainted. It does have the expensive "14sf" 3/4 ton six lug rear end swap done with the u-bolt flip kit, but that fiasco must have cost 1500 bucks in the end, and I got a really good deal on the raw, used rear end through a friend that had been storing it in his shed. The trans. was done at some point, my dad had a bunch of new parts put in it after I sold it to him, it was in three movies, etc. It just sucks.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:22 pm

TBI 350's are a dime a dozen and easy to swap. Wink

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
TBI 350's are a dime a dozen and easy to swap. Wink

Lets see if I can beat these meme up a bit more...

Back to top Go down
95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:04 pm

There's an off chance that the flex plate could have cracked.  Pull the TCC cover and have a look at it.

If it completely broke, it'll sound like this
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:20 pm

95brmw wrote:
There's an off chance that the flex plate could have cracked.  Pull the TCC cover and have a look at it.

I've seen that video twice and the friggin shit the guy says over what he is actually describing puts me in stitches every time.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?   Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:31 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
95brmw wrote:

I've seen that video twice and the friggin shit the guy says over what he is actually describing puts me in stitches every time.

I think I posted it here before, the creepy guy is still damn funny
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?   Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:10 am

OMG I forgot that video! LOL! "S'ready for the dumpsterrrr...." I'll look into it but it doesn't have that "rattly overtone" like that noise in the video. Maybe I'll take a video of this truck.

I realize that it's cheap to get a used 350 for the truck but then it has to get put in there someplace at a shop (It's pretty much out of the question for me trying to swap that out or anyone doing it here) and then there'll still be other things that need fixing on it. You can get a decent 2001ish Tahoe for like 3500 bucks and older ones for less. lol.

We'll see what happens...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?   Today at 5:10 am

Back to top Go down

Can I aks youse a kwesshion about uh spun main bearing, yo?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1