BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables

Go down 
+4
MASShole9C1
Matt Trakker
IMPALADAKID
Cadet57
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables Empty
PostSubject: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Talking at the roundup yesterday and the discussion of the awful light output on those ebay smoke headlights came up. Driving home I was reminded of that fact. I think it's time I did something to remedy this. My current setup is the smoke lights with some again ebay Hi/Lo HID kit. Mention was made of the Innovative Wiring kits. To upgrade my lights do I get the battery harness or the actual headlight harness or both? It looks like the headlight kits are intended for more serious light swaps.

Also, what is a good stock looking setup with good hi/lo output that I could go with?
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 pm

I recommend both wire kits. The battery, and the headlamp kit. Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs, or 6000 HIDs, and Non tinted euro/aftermarket lamps.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:46 pm

I want to do something to the SS as well. It's better since I polished the lenses but still bad.

I was thinking of doing some Euro smoke lenses since I like them, but I like the clear too and I feel the light output would be better.  When Doug was bringing the "BBS Wagon" into the parking lot at Johnsons, it was uncanny how much brighter just his turn signal bulb was, haha.

Does anyone know of a clear corner that does not use that round reflector in it?  I personally like the stock corners with the amber reflector the best, I'd like to find a clear version that still has the amber stock style reflector in it.  Maybe I'll run the clear headlight lenses with stock corners.Razz

I would do the wiring harnesses myself Justin, it's in the cards for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:53 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
I recommend both wire kits. The battery, and the headlamp kit. Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs, or 6000 HIDs, and Non tinted euro/aftermarket lamps.
Thanks Billy, just the kind of post I was looking for. Arrow 

Matt Trakker wrote:
I want to do something to the SS as well. It's better since I polished the lenses but still bad.

I was thinking of doing some Euro smoke lenses since I like them, but I like the clear too and I feel the light output would be better.  When Doug was bringing the "BBS Wagon" into the parking lot at Johnsons, it was uncanny how much brighter just his turn signal bulb was, haha.

Does anyone know of a clear corner that does not use that round reflector in it?  I personally like the stock corners with the amber reflector the best, I'd like to find a clear version that still has the amber stock style reflector in it.  Maybe I'll run the clear headlight lenses with stock corners.Razz

I would do the wiring harnesses myself Justin, it's in the cards for me as well.
They do make the "clear" lights without the bicycle reflector as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRYSTAL-CLEAR-HEAD-LIGHTS-LAMPS-SIGNAL-PARKING-CORNER-91-96-CHEVY-IMPALA-CAPRICE-/130885937452?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1993|Make%3AChevrolet|Model%3ACaprice&hash=item1e7968e92c&vxp=mtr

I thought about making them myself, but wiring isn't my thing, at all. I'd rather pay someone like Gary to do it right the first time.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Bill is right, Justin. I have both harnesses and went from silverstars back to 7000k or 8000k (I forget) HID. HID is great, but with the tint, the output could be better. I was gonna sell mine and get clear euros. I went back to the sylvanias because people kept flashing me even with the HID adjusted. So, I've got a set of white/blue hue HIDs up for grabs.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:28 pm

So the Silverstars are better than the HIDs as far as general practicality goes?

I've seen that light before Justin, but the "clear" round reflector on it still bothers me. It reminds me of a mole. Haha.

I generally like how the original headlights look overall the best, sort of, so it's a shame they just suck so bad!

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:28 pm

I had a harness and silverstars in my smoked lenses and they were as bad as the stock lighting.

However, cheapo ebay 6k hids remedied that for 30 bucks.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:34 pm

I've used silver stars before, was not impressed for the cost. eBay HIDs do help tremendously, just aim them before you start driving! Another one I read about was adapting 9007 bulbs to our housings. They are 10 watts higher than stock and the filament is position differently. There's a little info on the SS forum about those.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:41 pm

I've had the battery kit for a while and there was a noticeable improvement in how quick it starts, and just how beefy they are.

I JUST installed the headlight harness 3 nights ago, removed the HIDs (that I couldn't stand) and put some nice bright whites in the stock housing...looking forward to seeing how it does.

Might be looking to try the clear lenses next...
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 11:43 pm

I've noticed that some of the aftermarket housings have that little chrome cup that covers the end of the headlight bulb, and some do not have that cup thingy. Is there a benefit to either design I'm wondering?
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:12 am

The cup thingy is a diffuser. It serves two purpose iirc.
1) helps reflect and concentrate the light back into the mirror like inside of the headlight to help it shine back on the road better

And

2) it keeps or prevents the raw filiment from blinding oncoming motorists.

Bill M. removed them from the ones he had in the 1A2. You'd have to ask the difference.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 pm

This reminded me to tell you Justin! Your LH headlight is aimed like a bag of smashed assholes! RH is bright though! Arrow 
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Lol that may have something to do with it Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables   Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables Empty

Back to top Go down

Headlights/Wiring/Battery Cables
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Modifications / Performance-
Jump to: