BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lynol



Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 33
Location : Central New Jersey

PostSubject: Pics from the meet   Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:32 am

Just got home a little while ago (after making several stops). Figured I'd better post these pics now before I forget. Door to door I clocked 480 miles on the ol' LeSabre this weekend! I had a real fun time, good to catch up with you guys.
 
On the parkway following Dave's Caddy

 
The cars... we just needed a B-body Pontiac and we would have had one of every brand!

 
Heading out for lunch...

 
This beautiful LaSalle showed up at the drive-in...

 
A full compliment of B's... Three successive generations represented!


 
Justin and myself about to go for a spin in my LeSabre...

 
Comparing wagon generations...

 
Afterwards, Dave's Cadillac almost disappears in a dust cloud on the dirt road to Indigo's house... this is no place for a clean black Caddy!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:32 am

Nice! Sorry I couldn't make it. I'll try for the next one and there's always the Roundup
Back to top Go down
Bull



Posts : 222
Join date : 2012-09-22
Location : Western MA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:13 am

You guys went to Cindy's? That is so close to me. Next time I hope that my car isn't up on stands and half torn apart.
Back to top Go down
95brmw



Posts : 1431
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 32
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:56 am

Now that you mention my caddy is leaning to the right, I can't un-see it!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 am

Matt Trakker wrote:
Nice!  Sorry I couldn't make it.  I'll try for the next one and there's always the Roundup
's cool ked. We already talked about another one out here not to mention that roundup. I found and remembered a couple parks in town that dont suck and are free to get into that would work well.

Bull wrote:
You guys went to Cindy's?  That is so close to me.  Next time I hope that my car isn't up on stands and half torn apart.
Yup. Cruised from the state park to Cindys on the back roads thru Granby and Ludlow. We'll get ya next time! Arrow 

95brmw wrote:
Now that you mention my caddy is leaning to the right, I can't un-see it!
Then stop parking on a slant! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Looks like Dave has a blown taillights there, lol.

Lynol, that LeSabre looks great compared to the pics I've seen before. I have to say it must be a lot of fun just to drive around in that car, it's not all that rough really. I want something of that vintage that I can enjoy and not worry about someone opening their door into. Although if it got backed into, I'm sure you or I would flip the F out. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
95brmw



Posts : 1431
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 32
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Looks like Dave has a blown taillights there, lol.

Lynol, that LeSabre looks great compared to the pics I've seen before. I have to say it must be a lot of fun just to drive around in that car, it's not all that rough really. I want something of that vintage that I can enjoy and not worry about someone opening their door into. Although if it got backed into, I'm sure you or I would flip the F out.  Laughing 
I noticed that too, how the hell did two bulbs go out? Surprised 

And as far the look of Lynol's car, this is what happened the day before (sorry, only got 2 pics)

"Prep work"


These plus Rustoleum Razz 

Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:56 pm

You've gotta be kidding me, those nappy rollers did that? It came out great. I just did the worst paint job of my life in 3 minutes with flat black spray on the roof of the vinyl-topendectomied old Chrysler at my house, I thought it was looking okay until I saw that. LOL
Back to top Go down
95brmw



Posts : 1431
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 32
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
You've gotta be kidding me, those nappy rollers did that?  It came out great.  I just did the worst paint job of my life in 3 minutes with flat black spray on the roof of the vinyl-topendectomied old Chrysler at my house, I thought it was looking okay until I saw that. LOL
No joke Matt, has to be one of the most half-assed paint jobs I ever took part in. It really does help the appearance of the car though
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1475
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:11 am

We'll have to get Lynol to do a "how to".
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88



Posts : 173
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 29
Location : windsor locks ct

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:46 am

The paint on Lynols Buick looked great all cars looked nice had a lot of fun was such a beautiful day
Back to top Go down
lynol



Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 33
Location : Central New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:56 am

Haha, yeah I roller painted it with 1/2" nap rollers and Rustoleum satin black oil based paint. The idea was to use a roller that would not leave a smooth texture so as not to accentuate the rough, uneven surface of the old paint. No I'm not proud of doing that, but the car looked so godawful before that doing this made a huge improvement. Just wanted it to be marginally presentable. My original intentions were to do this car right and fix it up and paint it legit, but recently I lost the storage space I had and the guy ran off leaving me out 13 months rent. So I have to sell it now since I don't have the budget to re-pay for winter storage.

Oh and Dave don't worry, in that pic your left turn signal was on, I caught it between flashes.
Back to top Go down
95brmw



Posts : 1431
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 32
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:47 pm

lynol wrote:
Haha, yeah I roller painted it with 1/2" nap rollers and Rustoleum satin black oil based paint. The idea was to use a roller that would not leave a smooth texture so as not to accentuate the rough, uneven surface of the old paint. No I'm not proud of doing that, but the car looked so godawful before that doing this made a huge improvement. Just wanted it to be marginally presentable. My original intentions were to do this car right and fix it up and paint it legit, but recently I lost the storage space I had and the guy ran off leaving me out 13 months rent. So I have to sell it now since I don't have the budget to re-pay for winter storage.

Oh and Dave don't worry, in that pic your left turn signal was on, I caught it between flashes.
Both of us got burned by that guy Mad 

Thanks for the reassurance, I thought my fiber optics started lying to me Razz 
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6870
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:53 pm

I thought that looked like satin black, but figured it was just old faded blue or green paint and bad lighting. Wink

Too cool!

Now I want it. Razz

Don't you sell it without letting me know first! Seriously.

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:55 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

Don't you sell it without letting me know first! Seriously.
It's a wicked cool car, lots of potential. Little rough on the edges but a nice easy fix i'd say. Plus, it rides like a bag full of fluffernutter with pillows made of tires. Laughing
Back to top Go down
95brmw



Posts : 1431
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 32
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

Don't you sell it without letting me know first! Seriously.
It's a wicked cool car, lots of potential. Little rough on the edges but a nice easy fix i'd say. Plus, it rides like a bag full of fluffernutter with pillows made of tires. Laughing
I almost bought a Buick Centurion because of his car, I like being able to drop the roof on my Sebring, but everything else about the car is just meh. Nothing rides like that yacht.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6870
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:01 pm

I still want it.

Especially if it'll cruise at 75 with the top down and get better than 14mpg. (Which is WAAY better than my two daily driven pieces of shit will do) Wink

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Hearing this makes me hate how the '74 Impala rides, and it has essentially the same chassis and suspension as that car. Mine rides like a WW2 army jeep because I put cargo coils in the back and Bilsteins. I think I need to put stock springs and a sway bar back there. It does handle nice though, no nausea-inducing Queen Mary tendencies. It's almost as good as the SS. I just don't want to have to wear one of those kidney belts that monster truck drivers have. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet   Today at 10:35 am

Back to top Go down
 
The Not Quite Ready For New Hampshire Meet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Hi, nice to meet you guys.
» meet the boss today
» Good Time! Nice to meet you guys! -Joes68Impala
» Swag for the March meet.
» Swap Meet in St.Louis this Saturday !

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Club News and Calender-
Jump to: