BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 126 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:36 pm
Latest topics
» 2017 10th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:54 pm by booth9C1SS

» Frame
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm by MASShole9C1

» Midnight tour of the Allagash Ice Caves July 3rd!
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:54 pm by MASShole9C1

» 2017 Tenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! October 14h
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:09 pm by silverfox103

» Forum Issues
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 am by Matt Trakker

» Buick rear seat wanted FOUND
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by silverfox103

» The Official 1987 Two Door Body Off RE-build Thread!
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:35 pm by MASShole9C1

» Rear tail light panel wanted
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:19 pm by MASShole9C1

» 2017 Kancamagus Ride
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:48 pm by Matt Trakker

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 heater core replacement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikiehews

avatar

Posts : 372
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 42
Location : brockton

PostSubject: heater core replacement   Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:04 pm

it was pretty easy, I just took my time. There were a couple of 5.5 millimeter bolts in the back that are tight against the fire wall. You have to pull back the carpet and insulator. It took me about two hours but I was at work at the time fetching parts for my techs. I think a good hour is reasonable time to complete. I didn't use any special tools.







Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4237
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: heater core replacement   Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm glad it was easy enough. What made you swap it out?
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

avatar

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 36
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: heater core replacement   Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Nice. Hey look, DGGM! Very Happy 

I need to pull that cover off and take a look at mine, something tells me it might be misaligned in the housing and letting air from the blower pass by it instead of through it.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

avatar

Posts : 1432
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 33
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: heater core replacement   Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 am

If you ever need to do it again, pull the passenger seat out. It's amazing how much room that gives you to work in there. Also, did you put RTV around the edges of the cover before putting it back in? They have a habit of leaking condensation from the AC onto the carpet once you disturb it.
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

avatar

Posts : 372
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 42
Location : brockton

PostSubject: Re: heater core replacement   Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:50 am

MASShole9C1 wrote:
I'm glad it was easy enough. What made you swap it out?

it was leaking! so bad I barely made it to work on saturday.
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

avatar

Posts : 372
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 42
Location : brockton

PostSubject: Re: heater core replacement   Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:52 am

95brmw wrote:
If you ever need to do it again, pull the passenger seat out.  It's amazing how much room that gives you to work in there.  Also, did you put RTV around the edges of the cover before putting it back in?  They have a habit of leaking condensation from the AC onto the carpet once you disturb it.


oops I did not use RTV. I'll have to check that. The front seat idea is great I'll have do that when
I re-seal the lower cover..Arrow 
Back to top Go down
95brmw

avatar

Posts : 1432
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 33
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: heater core replacement   Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:01 pm

mikiehews wrote:
95brmw wrote:
If you ever need to do it again, pull the passenger seat out.  It's amazing how much room that gives you to work in there.  Also, did you put RTV around the edges of the cover before putting it back in?  They have a habit of leaking condensation from the AC onto the carpet once you disturb it.


oops I did not use RTV. I'll have to check that. The front seat idea is great I'll have do that when
I re-seal the lower cover..Arrow 

Just keep an eye on it when you use the AC. If the underside of the passenger floor mat is wet, you have a problem. If not, just go with it Arrow 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: heater core replacement   

Back to top Go down
 
heater core replacement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» heater core flow restrictor alternative?
» Heater Core Flush (Cold Air Fix!)
» WTB: '92-'93 HEATER HOSES (Quick-Connect type)
» Recommended replacement PS transformer for Mk4/
» Window motor replacement

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Problems / Maintenance-
Jump to: