BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps

Go down 
+2
sdstick
GasTT
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GasTT

GasTT

Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps Empty
PostSubject: Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps   Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Like the title says I get a loud creaking knock noise when I have the wheel turned at full lock and I hit a slight bump. This noise also happens going over a speed bump when the front suspention suddenly drops down any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps   Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:45 pm

I've never chased that problem down, but I do have it
I THINK its swaybar related. If you have time disconnect the endlinks & see if it stops
I just dont go to full lock unless I have to
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps   Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:56 pm

Yeah, it's REAL bad on the Marshmallow with the Impala rims. And it was bad on my old 9C1 with the 255/60's. But my SS doesn't do it. My Caddy didn't either. Or Morticia, the Fat Woody or the Fat Wagon...

The Marshmallow feels like it actually jumps off the ground and then slams down at full lock. Very weird. And that front end is tight. With new endlinks. Now that I think about it, it didn't do it with a busted end link and the Cragars or the snows.

So I guess I'm saying that I dunno WTF it is either...

Question

bounce

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps   Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:07 pm

at full turn it's the steering stops on the control arm and spindle
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps   Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Very VERY simple fix.

Don't go full-lock.

No need too.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps   Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:05 pm

Mine does the same thing. It's been getting steadily worse over the last month. I think it might be the wheel bearings or tie-rods starting to come apart. Of course my ball joints and bushings are blown and the steering box has a few inches of play in it so I'm not sure what isn't creaking and thuding right now No

If you track it down let us all know.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps   Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:49 pm

White93ltz wrote:
Very VERY simple fix.

Don't go full-lock.

No need too.

Doesn't make a difference on the marshmallow. If I turn the wheel enough to not have to do a 3-point turn, without hitting the stops, it still does it. Enough to make me rock side to side in the seat.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps   Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Depending on how many cars are in my back yard I need to go full lock to get in and out. My tie rods have a lot of play in them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps   Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps Empty

Back to top Go down

Loud creaking noise at full lock and over speed bumps
Page 1 of 1