BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?

Go down 
+3
MASShole9C1
toomanytoyz
bfurches
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bfurches

Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:04 pm

I am strongly considering the vinyl route. There are a few different styles that I really like, and I figure if I get the body an paint done....I will still have something underneath to revert back to in the event I hate it.

With that being said.....anybody have first hand experience applying or using this stuff? Seen it in person? (everything looks good on a computer monitor).

Just looking for some insights and opinions on this stuff in general. thanks.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Doug (pooge) had my old truck wrapped with his shop logo and stuff when he bought it... PM him? Or maybe he'll post up here?
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 pm

What are you thinking of doing? I know a company Fast Signs does them. They decal out company cars and do a good job.

I worked for a company that used Nissan xterras with full wraps. It appears to hold up pretty good even in the crazy temp fluctuations we have here.

The only thing would be air bubbles.
Back to top Go down
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Doug (pooge) had my old truck wrapped with his shop logo and stuff when he bought it... PM him? Or maybe he'll post up here?

I have heard there is a difference between the graphics stuff and the actual "color changing" wraps. I don't know how much truth there is to this, maybe Doug can enlighten me.

MASShole9C1 wrote:
What are you thinking of doing? I know a company Fast Signs does them. They decal out company cars and do a good job.

I worked for a company that used Nissan xterras with full wraps. It appears to hold up pretty good even in the crazy temp fluctuations we have here.

The only thing would be air bubbles.

Bubbles are exactly what I am worried about.

There are a few textured vinyls I really like....but I kinda have my heart set on Matte White Pearl

http://www.ziptied.com/Coppermine/albums/userpics/11526/lamborghini-gallardo-lp5604-matt-white1.jpg
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:19 pm

No, I think you misunderstood. He had the WHOLE truck wrapped with graphics and his shop logo and number and stuff. I searched for a pic, but couldn't find one.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Mike Rowell knows how to do it (96slowss)
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Quote :
Subject: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?

well there was this one time,. and the gal of mazzola oil,..
Back to top Go down
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:09 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
No, I think you misunderstood. He had the WHOLE truck wrapped with graphics and his shop logo and number and stuff. I searched for a pic, but couldn't find one.

No I know what your talking about....Im just saying that I have heard the printed vinyls don't last as long as the solid color ones. And again....I dont know if it is true...just what I have read.

Something about the screen print fades.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Instead of vinyl wrapping it, why not Plasti-Dip it? Probably be cheaper, and easier to remove.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Spend 7 bucks on a quart of Rustoleum and a few hours this weekend?

This:
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? IMG_20130310_152717_464_zpsb92ba425

Plus this:
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? 41726882_1105123_sd

Equals this:
Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? IMG_20130428_175355_422_zpsd9e00357

Juss sayin' Wink
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:52 pm

My work truck (Bill's first one) is a full wrap, printed on high quality (3M I think) vinyl and laminated. I have had the wrap for two year now, no serious fading issues, though it could use a wax.

It was a pro job (no way in hell I would have the patients for that squeegying and tucking) and shows no signs of failure other than a spot I scuffed on the rear quarter will a ball hitch, which would have also scratched the shit out of paint.

I have no complaints, but I can't see spending the time to do vinyl properly instead of paint in a non-advertising vehicle, paint looks 100 times better in my opinion.

Any questions just let me know,I'll try to find a pic tomorrow

Doug
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 pm

So Doug, where's the pic??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Pooge wrote:
My work truck (Bill's first one) is a full wrap, printed on high quality (3M I think) vinyl and laminated. I have had the wrap for two year now, no serious fading issues, though it could use a wax.

It was a pro job (no way in hell I would have the patients for that squeegying and tucking) and shows no signs of failure other than a spot I scuffed on the rear quarter will a ball hitch, which would have also scratched the shit out of paint.

I have no complaints, but I can't see spending the time to do vinyl properly instead of paint in a non-advertising vehicle, paint looks 100 times better in my opinion.

Any questions just let me know,I'll try to find a pic tomorrow

Doug

thanks for the info!

I didnt realize "Satin White Pearl" was a factory color offered on Subarus......that might just be the ticket for what I want....
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:24 pm

That satin white pearl is actually a gloss paint, though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?   Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody here have experience with vinyl wraps?
Page 1 of 1